Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

9 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a large gap between the best team in the league and the next best. No one looks like they’ll remotely compete with Winnipeg. 

Toronto is similar in the trenches, but with less talent at other positions. They have very strangely had the Bombers' number - the last couple seasons.

6 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a large gap between the best team in the league and the next best. No one looks like they’ll remotely compete with Winnipeg. 

Maybe in the als dynasty for a brief moment. That cover 0 d and every one on the offense getting 1k yards. But even then I feel like the rest wasn't soo far behind 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Toronto is similar in the trenches, but with less talent at other positions. They have very strangely had the number - the last couple seasons.

With out the culture or discipline too. That's the biggest thing. 

Stamps are starting to look like a sliver of what they usually are but Sask isn't a team to show that the Stampeders are a team to be scared of. This game really shouldn't of come down to a field goal to win,Bo doesn't overthrow his receiver in the red zone,Paredes makes his missed field goal then the game isnt won on the last play. Saskatchewan isn't scaring anyone and Fajardo doesn't worry me one bit,toss your receivers under the bus again for this loss why don't ya.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Stamps aren't good... This was two shitty teams trying to let the other team win. As mentioned, there is a humongous drop-off from the Bombers to everyone else in the league. 

I wouldn't write the Stamps off just yet.  Riders are turning out to be what some here said they were. 

I feel like you guys are basing your opinions on the fact that Cgy won the past two weeks and nothing more. They haven't done anything for anyone to be concerned about. The Riders are AWFUL.... Remember what we did to them? And the Stamps barely beat them. BLM looked awful in both games. 

Don't give either team a moment of thought.... 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I feel like you guys are basing your opinions on the fact that Cgy won the past two weeks and nothing more. They haven't done anything for anyone to be concerned about. The Riders are AWFUL.... Remember what we did to them? And the Stamps barely beat them. BLM looked awful in both games. 

BLM made bad decisions and is clearly not very healthy. But you don't pass for almost 300 yards by accident. Their OL / running attack have been good and are getting better. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We only beat CAL by 2 by the grace of god for a procedure penalty at home. By no means are they world beaters, but they are definitely the best of the rest right now. Also, they've got the stability and coaching staff to make some noise late in the year.

On 2021-10-08 at 11:21 AM, bearpants said:

I don't hate those Calgary Unis as much as other do... or maybe they just look really nice compared to dog-**** green coloured jerseys they have been beside the last couple weeks... they probably look ugly beside Championship royal blue... 

Stampeders with black in their uniforms look fugly. 

Yeah not really scared of either...both are flawed...but of the two Cgy is the tougher challenge and I think when all said and done will get second.

Fajardo is NOT a top tier starter...their offence is pop gun and won't get better regardless of who is at receiver cause Fajardo can't push a ball with any accurate passes consistently...and their online is weak...and as has been shown...in games wear down in last 1..2 quarters...

Delete

7 minutes ago, Nolby said:

So we are essentially 4 wins now ahead of Sask,I could probably do it but does anyone know the math for us to clinch the west?

This is the site I always use - he runs simulations based upon weighted (team record) percentages. However you can also change it to 50/50 (coin flip) chance for each team. He then summarizes all of his results, and provides a breakdown of the teams' seeding level at a high level based upon probability outcomes for each team respectively.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/football/Canada/CFL/Winnipeg.html

TLDR; If we go 3-2 or better, we clinch the West without any help. 2 wins in any combination gives us a 96% chance to host the Western Final. Even if we go 0-5 the rest of the way, it is still possible for us to host the Western Final.

Edited by Eternal optimist
delete

If we win vs. Edm (win #9) and BC (win #10 and season series) we will clinch first in the West before the bye… even if we lose the rest of the regular season (10-4). Cgy cant catch us at 10-4 even if they win the series. We already have tie-breaker vs. Ssk.

Tor worries me the most, to be honest.

Edited by M.O.A.B.