Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

As much **** that is being heaped on Lapo for his play calling... well deserved, but IMO Lapo's strength has always been the plays he draws up. 

**** playcaller during games, but ******* brilliant in play design. 

I think we need to separate the two and heap praise where its deserved and pan the **** out out of it where it's deserved.

It's true. If plop could manage to delegate the offensive play call to another oc who is better at it he'd be a much better hc. 

The Flanders Nichols and Davis decisions and poor use of dis historically however give concern too. That said he seems to be past those issues now. If management could force an oc in and plop could work with him they'd be in much better shape. 

such a CFL game ... fifteen points scored in the first three quarters then 23 so far in the fourth.  remember #noleadissafe?

wow, that pirouette catch by Daniels with the little toe touch to seal it at the end -- TSN top ten for sure this year.

Edited by johnzo

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Alouettes always put way too high. They are a pretender and could be without their "perrenial all star" big play VA

Actually they seem to be better with Schiltz in there, sometimes.  VA stunk it up today before he got hurt.  If Schiltz hadn't come in they probably would have lost that game.

45 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Actually they seem to be better with Schiltz in there, sometimes.  VA stunk it up today before he got hurt.  If Schiltz hadn't come in they probably would have lost that game.

That's why I put the all-star part in brackets. I don't think schiltz is the answer for them but I kind of figured he could be what they needed to win that game given what Adams had done up to that point. 

Toronto was clutch today on a short week, credit there, but also their three-game win streak is all against eastern opponents, and they've got a super soft schedule from here on out, they don't play any teams with a winning record, or Calgary. 

I think Calgary's wins over the Riders are more indicative than the Argos beating up on the East.

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

Current power rankings after this week imo

1-Bombers

2-Argos

3- Stamps

4- Alouettes

5- Ticats

6-Riders

7-Lions

8-Ottawa

9-Elks

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Is it just me or did Bede obviously miss the kick to end the half?

Honestly it might be impossible to tell unless you are the refs under the goalposts.

I'd like to know what the rules are when the ball is kicked higher than the uprights, which Bede does quite often. If the ball is in line with the goalposts does it count? Is there some discretion? 

44 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Honestly it might be impossible to tell unless you are the refs under the goalposts.

I'd like to know what the rules are when the ball is kicked higher than the uprights, which Bede does quite often. If the ball is in line with the goalposts does it count? Is there some discretion? 

If I read the rule book correctly, the ball must be BETWEEN the goal posts, and the goal post is imagined to reach up to infinity. So a ball over the top of the goal post is imagined to hit that goal post, so the field goal attempt would fail.