Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition

JCon

22 hours ago, Booch said:

The big thing there he had no comfort level or confidence in his online and coaching...was tense...panicked and uncomfortable

Here..he has total confidence and comfort and is playing with freestyle ease now...no worries or concerns...he is just letting it Rip now...and he's happy....he didn't play like that there and now looks like 2014 to 2016 Zack...that's what's going on here

Tom Clements had his worst statistics playing for the Riders in 1979 before he was traded to Hamilton. He was an expensive addition & the Riders had a losing team. Trading him cleared up some money to sign players to bolster other positions. He had no confidence either playing behind a sub standard OL as well. It wasn't a good fit.

23 hours ago, Nolby said:

So we are essentially 4 wins now ahead of Sask,I could probably do it but does anyone know the math for us to clinch the west?

So we have 16 points now. Calgary and BC can tie us in points and be ahead of us in the standings provided they win the season series. Saskatchewan and every Eastern team needs to get to 17 points minimum to pass us. Edmonton and Ottawa already cannot pass us based on the tiebreaking rules. So, although they have not mathematically clinched a crossover playoff spot yet, for the Bombers to miss the playoffs ALL of the the following needs to happen:

- Bombers lose every game from here on out, including to Calgary by 3 or more points and to BC by 22 or more points. 

- Edmonton loses every game from here on out

- Ottawa loses every game from here on out

- Other than games involving Winnipeg, Edmonton, or Ottawa, the remaining 6 teams must all get exactly these records in games against each other for all of them to finish ahead of Winnipeg:

Sask: 1-1-1

Cal: 2-1

BC: 2-2

Tor: 1-2-1

Ham: 2-1-1

Mtl: 0-1-1

The odds of all of that happening are so small that I cannot compute it  To simplify things, no matter what else happens, if the Bombers win one more game they clinch a West playoff spot. Win 2 and they clinch a home playoff date. If one of those two wins is against BC, or even if they lose to BC by 20 points or less but still win 2 games, they will finish number 1 in the West. So they can clinch top spot in the West within 2 weeks.

So further to the woes of the Argos and their pitiful attendance, here is an article on the problems getting to BMO Field. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/3downnation.com/2021/10/08/getting-to-bmo-field-in-toronto-is-a-terrible-experience/amp/

And my brother in Toronto sent me this column from a local writer there this morning:

A friend of mine decided a few months back that he wanted to buy season tickets for the Argos. I know that’s rather unusual these days — but so was his journey in trying to purchase the most available sporting ticket in Toronto.

He called the Argos and was put on hold. After 45 minutes or so of waiting, he hung up. He called again, this time to Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment, the Argos owner, and the result wasn’t much different. More time on hold.

I told him to try emailing the sales reps and gave him two names of those who have sold me tickets in the past. He emailed and at first without response. A few days later, he heard from an Argo rep. It took numerous phone calls and emails and communications still for the sale to eventually occur — my buddy bought Argo season tickets.

Through almost no help of the Argos, which by itself is rather remarkable considering how desperate the Argos should be to sell tickets to anyone still interested in going to their games. 

And just last week, another person I know wanted to buy four additional tickets for their game Wednesday night against Ottawa. He is a season ticket holder but wanted to bring others along with him for the experience.

He phoned the Argos and phoned the Argos again. They never called back. He never got to speak to a person. He gave up rather than buying the additional tickets.

The first-place Argos had a record small crowd of 6,788 for their game against the Redblacks. Interest may be at an all-time low. But an inability to treat willing customers properly or at all — at this time in their history, really at any time, is simply inexcusable.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So further to the woes of the Argos and their pitiful attendance, here is an article on the problems getting to BMO Field. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/3downnation.com/2021/10/08/getting-to-bmo-field-in-toronto-is-a-terrible-experience/amp/

And my brother in Toronto sent me this column from a local writer there this morning:

A friend of mine decided a few months back that he wanted to buy season tickets for the Argos. I know that’s rather unusual these days — but so was his journey in trying to purchase the most available sporting ticket in Toronto.

He called the Argos and was put on hold. After 45 minutes or so of waiting, he hung up. He called again, this time to Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment, the Argos owner, and the result wasn’t much different. More time on hold.

I told him to try emailing the sales reps and gave him two names of those who have sold me tickets in the past. He emailed and at first without response. A few days later, he heard from an Argo rep. It took numerous phone calls and emails and communications still for the sale to eventually occur — my buddy bought Argo season tickets.

Through almost no help of the Argos, which by itself is rather remarkable considering how desperate the Argos should be to sell tickets to anyone still interested in going to their games. 

And just last week, another person I know wanted to buy four additional tickets for their game Wednesday night against Ottawa. He is a season ticket holder but wanted to bring others along with him for the experience.

He phoned the Argos and phoned the Argos again. They never called back. He never got to speak to a person. He gave up rather than buying the additional tickets.

The first-place Argos had a record small crowd of 6,788 for their game against the Redblacks. Interest may be at an all-time low. But an inability to treat willing customers properly or at all — at this time in their history, really at any time, is simply inexcusable.

Ryan Ballantine is an unabashed Stamps fan. He apparently didn't plan the best route to BMO Field from his hotel. He's being roasted by Argo supporters. He'll rarely write a positive article about other teams. He did no research on this. He makes himself out to be a sportswriter but he's not. That is why I seldom read 3 Down Nation anymore. It's become a Fan Boyz  website. 

“It’s frustrating. We wanted to win two out of three and if we win two out of three we put Calgary on the outside looking in. Now it’s the opposite, they’re right there on our tail now and it’s going to make every game that much more important coming down the stretch,” head coach Craig Dickenson said after Rene Paredes hit a walk-off field goal to hand the Stamps the season series."

Saskatchewan not living the "1-0 this week" life. Looked ahead and expected a loss

They say it but we live it. 

Fire up the Geoff Gray for Ward runours (I don't really want to lose Gray)

15 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Did CD really say this? Who goes into games with the mentality that it is okay, and totally expected, to lose games? Play to win them all or get out.

Definitely quoted as saying it :

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/11/we-havent-gotten-much-better-frustrated-riders-eye-tight-playoff-race/