CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

3 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

This must be the healthiest we've been all season. Other than Maston at SAM wasn't this pretty much our entire projected starting roster going into training camp?

as has been mentioned several times this week.................... here's hoping we stay that way. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I could really go for an early game tonight. Why couldn't they schedule two Friday night games?

Instead, I'll watch the Yankees try to lock up the 1st Wild Card spot. 

I think Iowa plays Maryland tonight too. 

Yaeger bombs (redbull/Yaeger) will keep you awake and feelin fine!

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

I could really go for an early game tonight. Why couldn't they schedule two Friday night games?

CJOB pre-game, brother! Pour a nice glass of rye and there ain't a finer way to prep for the Bombers game! 

Reilly is looking good, he threw a deep ball the other week that was a pure 2014 Reilly ... 55-60 yards, hit his receiver in perfect stride.

Gotta wonder if he's taking Toradol shots ... the NFLPA just warned its membership to use less of it.

He's listed as questionable on the depth chart, who knows if that means anything though.

Have seen this guy beat us singlehandedly in his salad days, so I never count him out.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Yup Yankee appetizer for me as well

You guys are Yankee fans? I have mixed feelings about that. 
maurice-swearing.gif

If you're not going to have an early game, I really don't see the point in starting this one so late. Plus you've got to find a middle ground for the BC and Winnipeg viewers, especially for the kids. You're never going to grow the game when most of the country isn't going to watch a 9 pm CT start.  Other leagues don't have this problem because they've got so many games on in the 6/7 time slot, but when you've only got 3-4 games a week you can't really afford to limit your potential eyeballs.

Can't really start a weekday game in the pacific team zone at a good time for people back east.  You start the game at 4:30 local, no one will be in the stands, they'll be at work or in traffic or on the ferry from the island or picking up their kids from karate or whatever.

As long as the CFL is a gate league and not a TV money league, we'll have this problem.

21 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

If you're not going to have an early game, I really don't see the point in starting this one so late. Plus you've got to find a middle ground for the BC and Winnipeg viewers, especially for the kids. You're never going to grow the game when most of the country isn't going to watch a 9 pm CT start.  Other leagues don't have this problem because they've got so many games on in the 6/7 time slot, but when you've only got 3-4 games a week you can't really afford to limit your potential eyeballs.

What time do Bomber home games start on week days?

3 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Correct. I know we are only permitted 12,500 fans, but on a work day you have to give them time to get downtown.  

I imagine it is a nightmare on a good day. Everyone in Winnipeg has family and friends live or have lived in Vancouver/Victoria areas. We hear the stories.

McDQ-gtG_x96.jpg

I’m going crazy waiting to play this game tonight!!!!

Join the club, Willie! 

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I imagine it is a nightmare on a good day. Everyone in Winnipeg has family and friends live or have lived in Vancouver/Victoria areas. We hear the stories.

McDQ-gtG_x96.jpg

I’m going crazy waiting to play this game tonight!!!!

Join the club, Willie! 

Traffic around Vancouver is enough to make you want to blow your brains out. 

19 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

What time do Bomber home games start on week days?

I remember back in March 2020 initially I was kind of excited to be working from home all the time because it meant I'd get to watch the first half of CFL eastern games .. I'm using working and commuting 4:30->6:00pm.

but then 2020 loled at that.