GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos

JCon

In good teams, if one part of the team is struggling, the other parts up their game to compensate until the rest of the team gets in gear. Today, the defence worked well occasionally, but it seemed to me that once it was obvious that the offence was nonexistent and not getting any better, they caved in as well,

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

In good teams, if one part of the team is struggling, the other parts up their game to compensate until the rest of the team gets in gear. Today, the defence worked well occasionally, but it seemed to me that once it was obvious that the offence was nonexistent and not getting any better, they caved in as well,

I think fatigue played more of a fctor than them caving. It was 2 & out all night. 

Some random thoughts:

1. I'd like to see a returner besides Nelson.

2. I'd like to see Stewart of Agudosi in at WR over McKnight and Nelson.

3. I'm taking away Tyler's inga, on that note he needs the old apple and a road map.

4. We need one of Wilson or Rocquemore back asap.

5. Josh Miller looks a little just not ready yet.

6. Its one game so let's not panic.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think fatigue played more of a fctor than them caving. It was 2 & out all night. 

At half time the d played a full games worth of minutes. 6 2 and outs 3 drives or 4 plays and less than 15 yards. 

2 drives in the last 3 minutes of the half. Nothing but 2 and outs in the 3rd quarter. 2 and outs in the first quarter and a pick. First 3 drives for Toronto started at mid field. The defense doesn't take much blame. 

4 minutes ago, kschach said:

Why did we kickoff both halfs? Unless it was a gale force wind, that just seems like questionable coaching to me. Not that it made the difference, but very strange to me

Idk confused me too. May have picked to stay out of the sun but a bad call. 

4 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

Sign an American kicker and delete Tobi Antiga, what has he done?

He played teams but hasn't done much. 

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

At half time the d played a full games worth of minutes. 6 2 and outs 3 drives or 4 plays and less than 15 yards. 

2 drives in the last 3 minutes of the half. Nothing but 2 and outs in the 3rd quarter. 2 and outs in the first quarter and a pick. First 3 drives for Toronto started at mid field. The defense doesn't take much blame. 

Agreed. The offense seemed out of sync. Conservative play calling didn't help our offense. We took more deep shots downfield than LaPo would have but make no mistake. Dump left. dump right, dump underneath & make YAC yards, This is still LaPo's offense. Our run game has virtually disappeared. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Some random thoughts:

1. I'd like to see a returner besides Nelson.

2. I'd like to see Stewart of Agudosi in at WR over McKnight and Nelson.

3. I'm taking away Tyler's inga, on that note he needs the old apple and a road map.

4. We need one of Wilson or Rocquemore back asap.

5. Josh Miller looks a little just not ready yet.

6. Its one game so let's not panic.

Let’s not panic, but let’s change one quarter of the starting personnel. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agreed. The offense seemed out of sync. Conservative play calling didn't help our offense. We took more deep shots downfield than LaPo would have but make no mistake. This is still LaPo's offense. Our run game has virtually disappeared. 

The pass game is unimaginative but the run calling was dismal. We kept taking a boot that we hadn't run this year. We did it once in the 4th. 

To ran play action nearly every pass play for 3 quarters. Dinwiddie out coached buck by the largest margin possible. It was mediocore pop Warner vs prime bill Walsh. Right now buck doesn't look like oc material. It's bitterly disappointing. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The pass game is unimaginative but the run calling was dismal. We kept taking a boot that we hadn't run this year. We did it once in the 4th. 

To ran play action nearly every pass play for 3 quarters. Dinwiddie out coached buck by the largest margin possible. It was mediocore pop Warner vs prime bill Walsh. Right now buck doesn't look like oc material. It's bitterly disappointing. 

I wish we ran at the end of the second quarter on the second down play. Burn some clock and maybe you convert on a 2nd and 3. Instead, incomplete pass, and a touchdown with 14 seconds left. Granted that several plays had to happen in between, but why give them extra time to make that TD happen. Run the damn ball. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

We run Oliviera up the middle on nearly every play. The defenses know that & stuff the middle.  He doesn't have the speed to get outside & isn't a part of the passing game. As each game goes by he becomes less & less relevant. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We run Oliviera up the middle on nearly every play. The defenses know that & stuff the middle.  He doesn't have the speed to get outside & isn't a part of the passing game. As each game goes by he becomes less & less relevant. 

He can run off tackle if the play is off tackle but he isn't cut back quick or break away fast. We've been dependant on Harris who has both. We didn't use motion or play action or fakes well. No back is gonna do the damage needed with 3 or 4 touches. We saw the same issues with plop previously. Where Harris doesn't get a touch for a half at a time and we struggle. 

He had almost 5 yards per touch with horrible usage. It's the ocs job to adapt to the d and put guys in a position to succeed. Buck didn't do that. 

A guy like Brady will always be a lot better if you have a speed guy to rotate and work in like demski normally.  But no back on earth would've made the difference tnite.

The whole offence executed soo poorly. At times blocking collaros decision making the wrs catching you name it. And when the execution is bad across the board it's coaching.