CFL Week 2 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

johnzo

7 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's not that speed isn't important. It's that it's not the hardest thing to defend. Which is why the great rec stay great when their speed starts to slow down. And players who can't run good routes or have questionable hands but loads of speed don't last.

It is though. Wrs and players almost never stick around long after losing a step and seldom are more than a fraction of their former level of play. 

You can't defend some one running away from you. Guys like oj Simpson blink and countless others have made hof careers out running perfect pursuit angles. 

Countless guys with great speed have become functional route runners and catchers more players have been developed at all levels because they have speed with out any football tools than any other kind of split. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's still a shorter jersey.

I'm sure the league will step in at some point. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You can't tell me gloves don't make it easier to catch. 

Oh no doubt they do. They make a huge difference. But guys in the bare hands era had physically strong hands. I feel like guys in this era don't. But the gloves make up for that and a lot more. 

51 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I'm thinking Trevor Harris has a stat line something like:

29/43 325 yards 0 TD 1 INT

The more I see Bethel-Thompson, the more I realize he is Trevor Harris lite. Puts up good numbers (but not as gaudy as Harris) but it does not translate into wins (much worse than Harris). Harris will get you 5,000+ yards in an 8-10 season, MBT will get you 4,000+ in a 3-15 season. I was honestly surprised when I heard before the game last night that his record was 2-6 in 2018 and 2-10 in 2019 as a starter. 

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

wilder is funny, goes through giant hole, gets stopped by first tackler, acts like he scored a td.

not likeable.

And the guy is huge. He's 6 foot 3 and 235. But runs like he's tiny. In fact guys like blink and dressler ran with much more power just on heart alone. 

I hate watching big tall rbs run high vs sinking their hips and running behind their pads with power. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The more I see Bethel-Thompson, the more I realize he is Trevor Harris lite. Puts up good numbers (but not as gaudy as Harris) but it does not translate into wins (much worse than Harris). Harris will get you 5,000+ yards in an 8-10 season, MBT will get you 4,000+ in a 3-15 season. I was honestly surprised when I heard before the game last night that his record was 2-6 in 2018 and 2-10 in 2019 as a starter. 

Seems like. Mbt has very low experience and reasonable expectations to improve after last year but at his age and not showing improvement and folding vs us makes it not likely. Still a good guy to have as a no2 on a reasonable salary.