CFL Week 1 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

You know I can wait until the LDC and the Banjo Bowl to see Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Kongbo and Co do that and make those Gopher lovers cry in their Pilsner.

Im hoping for a Rider win personally. I just dont want to see all that drunken cousin-on-cousin domestic violence brought on by yet another Rider loss to the Bombers...

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

oof, the Redblacks look Rough Riders bad.  Nichols banged up already and Dom Davis (!) is the backup ... Lapo needs to turn water into wine here.

I was hoping Nichols would be playing.  I want to see what he can do.  I was a fan of Nichols when he was here for sure, but I'm a lot happier now with the Zach attack.  I do wish Nichols and Lapo the best, and it would be great if the one time we play them this year is in the Grey Cup.  Much rather lay a beat down on Ottawa than have to play those sad-sack Ti-Cats again lol....

One hour before the first Friday night CFL football game, their main game, on primetime, and what is TSN showing? Besides Olympics (which makes total sense), the top 50 NFL plays. 

I mean, I know TSN, their reporters, MLSE, and Ambrosie did all they could to sell the league to the XFL but maybe they could try to pretend they care about the league?

I should add that they're showing lacrosse and tennis too. 

Edited by JCon

54 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was hoping Nichols would be playing.  I want to see what he can do.  I was a fan of Nichols when he was here for sure, but I'm a lot happier now with the Zach attack.  I do wish Nichols and Lapo the best, and it would be great if the one time we play them this year is in the Grey Cup.  Much rather lay a beat down on Ottawa than have to play those sad-sack Ti-Cats again lol....

same here, for all people piss and moan about NIchols he was the guy who got the winning started here and Lapo gets some serious credit from me for the Grey Cup win. won't celebrate if they crap the bed, but man that Ottawa situation could get embarrassing quick.

remember back in 2017 when Dom Davis spent the year as the backup only for Lapo'shea to roll out the Fever when Nichols was hurt and the chips were down?

Edited by johnzo

28 minutes ago, johnzo said:

remember back in 2017 when Dom Davis spent the year as the backup only for Lapo'shea to roll out the Fever when Nichols was hurt and the chips were down?

Yup.  Dom Davis was a horrible QB.  How is that guy still in the CFL?

Also remember being on the field after the Bombers miracle comeback against Darian Durant and the Alouettes in 2017.  A whole bunch of Bombers came out to take pictures with fans, meanwhile the Fever just sprinted out of there and wouldn't talk to anyone.  What a giant tool that guy was.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

And, Nichols was a warrior for us, who left everything out there. He took the criticism and let it fuel him. Forever blue!

I have been watching the Blue Bombers for four decades, and this will forever be one of my favorite Bomber plays that I will always remember.  Thank you Matt for all that you did for us.

Ace Left Cluster 764 Vegas Z-Bang Carp was the play call that led to Kenny Lawler's first ever CFL TD, with an important block from the incomparable Daniel Petermann.  Side note - I really hope that the live mic thing with TSN is dead now.  It added nothing to the viewer experience in my opinion.  Another side note - I also wish Daniel Petermann lots of success in Ottawa, he was a warrior for us.