Bombers Signings

Noeller

20 hours ago, JCon said:

I can see grant getting a decent nfl look, idk about whitehead. I think he's a year away from getting a serious nfl offer. 

18 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Paddy's back. I hope we got him for a good price ($125Kish). 68 starts in 9 years (162 regular season games) doesn't impress me much.

I dont think any one is getting big money right now. 

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'd feel a lot better about losing Stove if we still had Nevis. Those two are just chaos in the middle....

I feel like the ability to turn up DL talent is extremely high for our front office. Id be happy to have any of the tackles weve had over the past 2 ish years. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I can see grant getting a decent nfl look, idk about whitehead. I think he's a year away from getting a serious nfl offer. 

I dont think any one is getting big money right now. 

I feel like the ability to turn up DL talent is extremely high for our front office. Id be happy to have any of the tackles weve had over the past 2 ish years. 

Grant has been available to NFL teams since September no one has picked him up yet.

On 2021-01-15 at 3:39 PM, Bigblue204 said:

I agree. Ellingson and Rogers are both gonna want higher end salaries. Also I soured on Rogers after he scored a TD at IGF and then went up into the fans to mock Bomber players doing that. I don't know how he didn't end up with spit on him after that.

Because Winnipeg fans have more class than that... 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

This isn't some weird conspiracy where I'm saying the opposite of what I mean. Me saying I don't care, actually means I don't care. Me responding isn't an admission of caring, it's to clarify any misunderstandings.

Nah! I'm living rent free in your head and have been for years. :lol:

On 2021-01-18 at 2:32 PM, wbbfan said:

I dont see us carrying both on the roster with their limited special teams skill sets respectively. I think demski gets a bunch of carries as well as our returner di type of choice, while one of the 2 is rostered and gets some. If oliveira is healthy I dont see augustine stealing many reps. I also wouldnt be surprised if we brought in another ni back for camp.  Maybe more of a fb/te guy. 

I feel like every year we see more and more american style NI TEs available. This team certainly seems to value versatility, I could see a multi threat TE doing really well here. (sellers 2.0)

Augustine can run but is a terrible blocker. 

On 2021-01-20 at 10:21 AM, Jpan85 said:

Grant has been available to NFL teams since September no one has picked him up yet.

Yeah but he may hope for the next TC. Im not sure on when that starts vs when our season starts right now. Hes really dangerous but im not sure hes what nfl teams want in a return man. 

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Augustine can run but is a terrible blocker. 

And maybe its the likely situation that when harris retires we go to a RB who can run but isnt the total package that harris is. But in a fringe NI rb, I expect to see good blocking. All that said, I would be thrilled if we got chuba hubbard in the draft and down the road he was the next feature back for us. But I really think hes gonna be in the nfl for a good while if not his career. 

22 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Briggs looked decent last year when he was filling in for Bighill

He really did, too bad he got hurt when he did. 

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah but he may hope for the next TC. Im not sure on when that starts vs when our season starts right now. Hes really dangerous but im not sure hes what nfl teams want in a return man. 

Do they still have returners in the NFL? There are so few actual returns done, it seems like a waste. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Do they still have returners in the NFL? There are so few actual returns done, it seems like a waste. 

Truth. I checked the league stats... most guys have more fair catches than return attempts, some twice as many..

Nice to see Diontae Spencer high on the list... tied for 1st PR TDs (1), 7th in PR yards, 2nd place avg. (among players with more than 5 attempts), and more PR attempts than fair catches (attaboy). His TD return was fearless

2 hours ago, JCon said:

4 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Truth. I checked the league stats... most guys have more fair catches than return attempts, some twice as many..

Nice to see Diontae Spencer high on the list... tied for 1st PR TDs (1), 7th in PR yards, 2nd place avg. (among players with more than 5 attempts), and more PR attempts than fair catches (attaboy). His TD return was fearless

The pro bowl position is going to be renamed fair catch guy, then itll be replaced with side line ball boys.