2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If he is fighting a shoulder injury after having 2 years off this may be it for Matty.

Sad to see. I will always appreciate his contributions to the turn around. 

That's what I was thinking. Always tough to make that call but a guy like that should've benefited the most from a year off. Similarly I'm happy it seems Zach has seemed healthy. 

That whole offense looks awful. Be interesting to see what Flanders does its kinda crazy he's hardly seen any action since 17. I think he's been in camp with 5 cfl teams and has less than 100 carries. 

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. When he does retire, I hope the Bombers will bring him and his family back to honour him and the first hope of competitiveness we had for years. I don't think we would be here at the top of the CFL food chain without him.

Idk if that happens or not but I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching. 

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It really makes you wonder what Ott was thinking when they straight up ditched Arbuckle for Nichols. Had to have known Nichols wasn't 100%...or they made a huge mistake in assuming he was 100%. Very odd situation there either way. 

I believe it's on Arbuckle. He doesn't want to re-sign with Ottawa. That's why the RedBlacks was forced to cut him and pickup Nichols on the process. 

If Nichols is still being bothered by that shoulder injury, that's really sad. And how can he effectively throw that 6-8 yarders. :D

So sorry for Lapo too, he may end having no QB again,  in his second gig as a head coach. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I believe it's on Arbuckle. He doesn't want to re-sign with Ottawa. That's why the RedBlacks was forced to cut him and pickup Nichols on the process. 

Not according to Arbuckle. He was already involved in the community and said the redblacks didn't even try to resign him. Apparently there was no communication. I'll try and find the article where he said that.

So I was a bit off on the lack of communication, but not on Arbuckle wanting to resign...

https://3downnation.com/2021/02/05/sucks-for-nick-arbuckle-to-think-redblacks-were-stalling-for-matt-nichols/

Edited by Bigblue204

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not according to Arbuckle. He was already involved in the community and said the redblacks didn't even try to resign him. Apparently there was no communication. I'll try and find the article where he said that.

So I was a bit off on the lack of communication, but not on Arbuckle wanting to resign...

https://3downnation.com/2021/02/05/sucks-for-nick-arbuckle-to-think-redblacks-were-stalling-for-matt-nichols/

I stand corrected then. 

33 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

"Not a culture fit" is a a comment on someone's character that is a pretty shitty thing to do. 

Mike Kelly vibes. 

Exactly. Rookie head coach mistakes by Elizondo. Hold players accountable in practice, meetings, games. You don't do it in the media. Especially for a rookie head coach. He's not Belichick or Popovich. Even then, they rarely crap on players publicly. You're earned nothing yet. Earn some respect from your players first. 

15 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Exactly. Rookie head coach mistakes by Elizondo. Hold players accountable in practice, meetings, games. You don't do it in the media. Especially for a rookie head coach. He's not Belichick or Popovich. Even then, they rarely crap on players publicly. You're earned nothing yet. Earn some respect from your players first. 

I'm not sure, but I think the quote was from one of the players cut and not the coach himself. So he could have just said it behind doors and then the player mentioned it to the media.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure, but I think the quote was from one of the players cut and not the coach himself. So he could have just said it behind doors and then the player mentioned it to the media.

The Diggs article mentioned Elizondo saying he didnt fit their culture. Could have been a quote from the player though.

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It would seem that perhaps Lapo wanted Nichols. Familiarity and trust i guess. Probably wants to run a similar offense to what he had here. But Nichols may end up being his undoing.

"I will take this head coaching position on condition that my QB is so bad that he shoulders 150% of the blame. Pretty sure he indirectly caused that nasty divorce for our Offensive Coordinator too" - LaPo, probably.

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

"I will take this head coaching position on condition that my QB is so bad that he shoulders 150% of the blame. Pretty sure he indirectly caused that nasty divorce for our Offensive Coordinator too" - LaPo, probably.

His shoulder couldnt handle that.