Random Jets News

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious if the Bombers success on the field (and by extension off the field) is maybe taking a small bite out of the "expendable income for sports tickets" budget in Winnipeg.... 

Concerts would be my first guess but TNSE collects on most of those. 

I think, more than the team on the ice, it's SUPER important for TNSE to make sure the in-house entertainment is top notch......the game day experience....... so that even when the team isn't playing well (they can't all be ******* winners) then at least people are having a good time at the rink and want to be there. If the game day experience is as bad as some are suggesting on here, and you combine that with lacklustre effort on the ice.......that's how you get to a drop of 3000 season tickets (according to Chipman)

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think, more than the team on the ice, it's SUPER important for TNSE to make sure the in-house entertainment is top notch......the game day experience....... so that even when the team isn't playing well (they can't all be ******* winners) then at least people are having a good time at the rink and want to be there. If the game day experience is as bad as some are suggesting on here, and you combine that with lacklustre effort on the ice.......that's how you get to a drop of 3000 season tickets (according to Chipman)

I completely agree with you but I think a simple slogan for them would be something like, 'we'll do our part so you can do yours'.

I f'ing hate subtle shite they put in their recent tweet but that's just me. 

TNSE is arrogant and tone deaf. We're coming out of a pandemic, its a recession, people are having difficulties paying for necessities and they keep raising prices and do nothing for season ticket holders and for the game day experience. They got away with the NHL is back and not having to do much for a long time and right now they're falling on their faces.

It is a combination of a lot of factors.   It is also NHL / hockey fatigue.

To see a dip in season ticket holders and attendance around the 10 year mark of a new franchise / relocated franchise is pretty typical if you look to some other recent examples (ie. Minnesota).   If they hadn't planned for this, then they weren't really doing their homework.

This city is too small to support the Jets, Moose, and Ice.   The Ice is leaving.   Question remains if this city can really support both the Jets and the Moose.   

Up until last year, I was part of a season ticket group where we shared seats.  I went to about 18 games a season.  Which, to be honest is too much just in terms of time commitment (let alone the $$$).   Demand is no longer there and we downgraded to a mini pack.  We now go to 11 games, which feels about the right amount.  Similar to the number of home games for the Bombers.

When they were selling out, a high percentage of full season tickets were groups of people splitting them.

They seem reluctant to really push the mini packs, and sometimes feels like they are an after thought.   They are currently only available for the 300 level.  Why not open this up to the 200 / 100 levels?  When we had a window to upgrade our seats, there was only options for full and half season tickets.  I had to push them to open up the mini packs.   Their website is a bit of a mess as well.  There are pages where the mini packs aren't even talked about.

Agree this messaging they are using is going to rub people the wrong way.   #1 rule of marketing is know your target audience.  They seem oblivious to who their target audience is.

I was curious about the NHLs overall attendance as a percentage and I wanted to compare it against the NBA, which I believe to be a reasonable comparison. All played in similar sized arenas. 

Do you know what I discovered? Not much difference. 

NHL: https://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/attendance.cgi

NBA: http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

The NBA has more overall attendance (total) but the NHL regular season is not over. Two more teams in the NHL. 

Filling over 90% of the arena, which almost all teams do, is great. All but 6 NHL teams did it this year. All but two in the NBA. 

NBA is probably giving away fewer tickets than that NHL. 

An odd thing I discovered was that the Mullet arena was packed on every game? Really? Feels like some trickery their from the Yotes. 

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

I was curious about the NHLs overall attendance as a percentage and I wanted to compare it against the NBA, which I believe to be a reasonable comparison. All played in similar sized arenas. 

Do you know what I discovered? Not much difference. 

NHL: https://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/attendance.cgi

NBA: http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

The NBA has more overall attendance (total) but the NHL regular season is not over. Two more teams in the NHL. 

Filling over 90% of the arena, which almost all teams do, is great. All but 6 NHL teams did it this year. All but two in the NBA. 

NBA is probably giving away fewer tickets than that NHL. 

An odd thing I discovered was that the Mullet arena was packed on every game? Really? Feels like some trickery their from the Yotes. 

Yeah, there is ZERO chance that rink was full all season.  Maybe the first handful of games.  I guess it’s possible they sold tickets to businesses and nobody showed up, but that arena consistently had a pile of empty seats, from what I saw.

34 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He's the MVP of the this team the last few seasons. A monster netminder who carries the Jets far too often.

His long term future with the club must be resolved this off-season. More important than Dubois’, more important than Scheifele’s. His is the first contract that should be settled. Every other move the club makes hinges on this. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

THE reason they made playoffs....

I seem to remember about 2 - 3 weeks ago I posted about why the Jets dipped down was because Connor H.  was playing at average/slightly above average levels.  Thank you for backing it up with the stats :D   

Now if only this team wouldn't require the goalies to play lights out in order for us to win on a continous basis.  

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I seem to remember about 2 - 3 weeks ago I posted about why the Jets dipped down was because Connor H.  was playing at average/slightly above average levels.  Thank you for backing it up with the stats :D   

Now if only this team wouldn't require the goalies to play lights out in order for us to win on a continous basis.  

they've hung 6 on the opposition a few times in the last few games so that should be good enough.  Will they keep up this torrid scoring pace?  It seems from what I've seen that no teams have an answer for the Connor-Dubie-Schief line, and even if they do, the other lines are all stepping up too.  Lowry's line has been el fuego lately.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

they've hung 6 on the opposition a few times in the last few games so that should be good enough.  Will they keep up this torrid scoring pace?  It seems from what I've seen that no teams have an answer for the Connor-Dubie-Schief line, and even if they do, the other lines are all stepping up too.  Lowry's line has been el fuego lately.

The Calgary game still concerns me, but aside from that, they've been really good for awhile now. 

Edited by Noeller

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

"uh oh, we have a PR problem...." 

Personal experience.....

We have a mini pack and were contacted twice about a month ago to commit to the whole playoffs, which we declined.  These were direct from ticket reps.

Have been contacted for our window to move / upgrade seats.  This was a form / mass email.

And contacted with instructions for single seats leading up to and when playoff presale was open to season ticket holders.  This was a form / mass email. 

This was primarily through email mind you.   I could see some people having an obscure email address they don't check or going to spam.  But I don't think it is realistic to phone thousands and thousands of people in that short a time frame after the Jets qualified for playoffs.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

"uh oh, we have a PR problem...." 

Heard a third party story today. 

Group of 4 people had 4 seats. 3 of 4 wanted to cancel.  Last one decided he wanted to keep two seats as season tickets. Waited a month before a rep called back. Jets wanted to charge $100 (I think per seat) change fee. They just said forget it and cancelled all their seats. 

Not only is their PR team struggling with tone, they're making bad decisions with their existing customers. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Heard a third party story today. 

Group of 4 people had 4 seats. 3 of 4 wanted to cancel.  Last one decided he wanted to keep two seats as season tickets. Waited a month before a rep called back. Jets wanted to charge $100 (I think per seat) change fee. They just said forget it and cancelled all their seats. 

Not only is their PR team struggling with tone, they're making bad decisions with their existing customers. 

Billeck tweeted that story out yesterday. Unreal.... They just ghosted him completely. 

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Billeck tweeted that story out yesterday. Unreal.... They just ghosted him completely. 

I've worked in customer service jobs in the past & was a claims adjuster also for many years. No matter what you do for some people it's never enough. They'll always ***** & complain. If someone waits a month before they're called back, why wouldn't they call the Jets office earlier to see what's going on? Or at least talk to someone else?? if they feel it should be no big deal for someone to call them back then why can't they do it themselves if there's a long delay in getting back to them? I'm not defending the Jets here because the ticket agent certainly dropped the ball. But I'd never wait a month for some rep to call me back. I'd call myself. There's two sides to every story & the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've worked in customer service jobs in the past & was a claims adjuster also for many years. No matter what you do for some people it's never enough. They'll always ***** & complain. If someone waits a month before they're called back, why wouldn't they call the Jets office earlier to see what's going on? Or at least talk to someone else?? if they feel it should be no big deal for someone to call them back then why can't they do it themselves if there's a long delay in getting back to them? I'm not defending the Jets here because the ticket agent certainly dropped the ball. But I'd never wait a month for some rep to call me back. I'd call myself. There's two sides to every story & the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

I would never blame the customer for bad customer service.