Random Jets News

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bomber reps are awesome. Always helpful & friendly. You do get the impression the Bombers appreciate everyone who buys tickets to the games. 

wasn't always like that, but good management changes everything.  Thank you Canadian mafia, you guys have done one hell of a good job!  True North should hire you guys as consultants.

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bomber reps are awesome. Always helpful & friendly. You do get the impression the Bombers appreciate everyone who buys tickets to the games. 

That’s true. Heck, we know them by name, Carol, Kevin…if you have an idea say trading seats because of out of town guests, they make it happen. Jets couldn’t give a ****, and that’s only one of the reasons for a drop in satisfaction. Game day experience? Can’t keep up to bombers style experience, like the welcoming brass band enthusiasm- Nashville has a live band. Jets, the security staff tells me to enjoy the game. Concessions? Watch jets sell snacks, food, drinks and beer between periods. That staff can’t do 15 transactions between periods. Where is the jets pregame soirée/tailgate primer? I dunno. 
Naturally, the Jets would never be creative and have a variant of the rum hut. 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

That’s true. Heck, we know them by name, Carol, Kevin…if you have an idea say trading seats because of out of town guests, they make it happen. Jets couldn’t give a ****, and that’s only one of the reasons for a drop in satisfaction. Game day experience? Can’t keep up to bombers style experience, like the welcoming brass band enthusiasm- Nashville has a live band. Jets, the security staff tells me to enjoy the game. Concessions? Watch jets sell snacks, food, drinks and beer between periods. That staff can’t do 15 transactions between periods. Where is the jets pregame soirée/tailgate primer? I dunno. 
Naturally, the Jets would never be creative and have a variant of the rum hut. 

What is that Budweiser section?

Yeah there's a lot that can be improved on and im just watching from home. I want those sound effects when the power play is killed like COL has. 

No doubt the lack of space hurts. Not even concession room right? Same as the stadium and ball park. Why does no one in this city believe in concession room?

Why can't we have nice things like Carolina?

AsyG5-.gif

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

“I thought we accomplished what we wanted when we started the year…” Yikes! 

Winnipeg is 25th of 32 teams since 2012 in terms of playoff games won. He’s ok with that.

Relying on 2018 Went to conference finals, beat Edmonton in 4 straight. Sounds like Dave Ritchies “check my record”.

Respecting Bones comments on pride and pushback, said there was pushback earlier and that the players are proud. That’s a different assessment than the coach. Minute 40 ish. 

is there change that is required? “We’re gonna look at all those things”. Yikes. 

that’s a 12 year GM giving his assessment. Looks like they won’t sell many new season tickets, forcing the team to move to Houston, eventually. Net capital gain by Chippy and company of 600-700 million dollars.

Edited by Rod Black

20 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

“I thought we accomplished what we wanted when we started the year…” Yikes! 

Winnipeg is 25th of 32 teams since 2012 in terms of playoff games won. He’s ok with that.

Relying on 2018 Went to conference finals, beat Edmonton in 4 straight. Sounds like Dave Ritchies “check my record”.

Respecting Bones comments on pride and pushback, said there was pushback earlier and that the players are proud. That’s a different assessment than the coach. Minute 40 ish. 

is there change that is required? “We’re gonna look at all those things”. Yikes. 

that’s a 12 year GM giving his assessment. Looks like they won’t sell many new season tickets, forcing the team to move to Houston, eventually. Net capital gain by Chippy and company of 600-700 million dollars.

Watched about 10 minutes of his presser ,got so pissed off I shut it off. He's delusional if he thinks this team doesn't need changes.

Edited by Piggy 1

8 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Watched about 10 minutes of his presser ,got so pissed off I shut it off. He's delusional if he thinks this team doesn't need changes.

No kidding. He was somewhat guarded, like he doesn’t know what to do. Relying on previous years successes way too often, which does give the impression he didnt think change was needed. Remarkably, he was happy they made the playoffs, even if they just slide in as the last team to enter the post season, made no mention they were the first team out of the playoffs. He was definitely proud they participated and I thought, “low bar Chevy”. The presser was NOT encouraging to any degree.