Random Jets News

I still have a lot of leftover hate for "Money Hands" from his fLames days..... unsure about this. Have a friend that's a rabid lifelong Habs fan so I'm waiting to see what he says about SM's season so far...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I still have a lot of leftover hate for "Money Hands" from his fLames days..... unsure about this. Have a friend that's a rabid lifelong Habs fan so I'm waiting to see what he says about SM's season so far...

He's playing decent hockey,

I guess the feeling amongst myself and likely many other Jets fans is that our first rounders are like gold.  Very hard to part with unless it makes absolute sense.

Monahan has 35 points in 49 games this year.  It is a solid add. 

Vancouver set the tone with the acquisition of Lindholm.

7 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I guess the feeling amongst myself and likely many other Jets fans is that our first rounders are like gold.  Very hard to part with unless it makes absolute sense.

Monahan has 35 points in 49 games this year.  It is a solid add. 

Vancouver set the tone with the acquisition of Lindholm.

We're going to miss out on the next Stanley. 

3 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Nope has done jack **** for their pp,no where near adding Stastny. More like when we added Hayes..soft player, cap hit my ass, brutal trade imo....hope I'm wrong.

I am not sure you watched him this year. He's playing well. I've watched most of the Montreal games and he has not fit your description at all?

It’s ok but a 1st in my opinion is overpay. Must not be lots of centers  actually available. 
Guess the other plus is low cap hit so prob could grab another player or 2. 

essentially tho this is a 1st for a guy who has similar fancy stats as Gus does. Plus he’s poor defensively. Honestly not sure the fit makes sense. 

Edited by Goalie

41 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am not sure you watched him this year. He's playing well. I've watched most of the Montreal games and he has not fit your description at all?

No i have watched alot of Montreal games and your right i have not noticed him in any...we will see,again i hope I'm wrong and he makes a good impact for us.

Edited by bb1

27 minutes ago, bb1 said:

No i have watched alot of Montreal games and your right i have not noticed him in any...we will see,again i hope I'm wrong and he makes a good impact for us.

He has played really good hockey for them this year. He's not a world beater but he is an upgrade for us at 2C and it leaves lots of room for further upgrades. Montreal fan forums saying he was their best player so far this year.

3 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Not worth a 1st and a conditional 3rd round pick. Will be closer to Hayes than to Stastny. At least people will stop crying for a trade, so that's a positive.

The 1st will be a late 1st rounder and the third only happens if we win the Stanley Cup.

Edited by GCn20

13 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Not worth a 1st and a conditional 3rd round pick. Will be closer to Hayes than to Stastny. At least people will stop crying for a trade, so that's a positive.

He actually has almost the exact same numbers as stastny did when we traded for him. I think if we are being honest here, he’s more stastny than Hayes. You also have to remember supply and demand and he’s kind young still so could fit long term. 

Edited by Goalie