Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There is a lot of space between “do nothing” and “bursting into homes with guns and forcibly putting people in containment camps”

I used an example of what had happened in Wuhan 2 months ago. People were being forcibly removed from their homes. I'm just saying that I believe other than military & police action a mandatory stay inside order is impossible to enforce. 

A Calgary business owner living in Beijing said that every night the police come to his apartment building every night. They chain & padlock the building so no one can leave. Then they come back & unlock it in the morning. When he asked the police about being locked in & unable to get out if there was a fire he said they acted like they didn't care. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What is the testing rate in Manitoba as compared to other provinces? I think that stat needs to be added in as the number of infected people sure seems low. With zero cases again.  There is no way just 250 people are infected in Manitoba with Covid 19. 

No there is not only 250. I know a lady who lives with her fiancé, and she tested positive. They didn’t even bother testing him, and he has it too. But that’s one case, can only imagine there are other scenarios where people have it but won’t get tested 

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

No there is not only 250. I know a lady who lives with her fiancé, and she tested positive. They didn’t even bother testing him, and he has it too. But that’s one case, can only imagine there are other scenarios where people have it but won’t get tested 

That's the thing. The more people that are tested, the higher the numbers will be as to how many are infected. It gives us a more accurate idea of the number of people sick & where. 

5 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

That is not 100% accurate. Dr Roussain explained they other day that if a close contact of a known positive develops symptoms that is automatically considered a presumed positive. The two they removed from the list were basically that. Once tested it was discovered they did not have it and the cases were removed. The idea behind not testing that person is pretty simple. The positive test is followed by an order to self isolate for 14 days, being a close contact to a known case is also a self isolation for 2 weeks. Why have a presumed positive travel outside their home/community to be told to do sometime they should already be doing and getting the test itself puts others at risk?

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Sad what certain Americans have become

America badly needs a clean sweep for Dems and they need to maintain power for at least 8-12 years to chase the racist, gun loving morons back into the holes where they belong

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

America badly needs a clean sweep for Dems and they need to maintain power for at least 8-12 years to chase the racist, gun loving morons back into the holes where they belong

If there's a God..... Ironically...... 

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The racism in the States goes way back to Scotland and the clearances and the potato famine in Ireland. There is even strong evidence that the desire to retain slaves was really at the core of the American revolution.

10 hours ago, GCJenks said:

That is not 100% accurate. Dr Roussain explained they other day that if a close contact of a known positive develops symptoms that is automatically considered a presumed positive. The two they removed from the list were basically that. Once tested it was discovered they did not have it and the cases were removed. The idea behind not testing that person is pretty simple. The positive test is followed by an order to self isolate for 14 days, being a close contact to a known case is also a self isolation for 2 weeks. Why have a presumed positive travel outside their home/community to be told to do sometime they should already be doing and getting the test itself puts others at risk?

Hey I’m just talking from my experience from the people I know. He lives with her and they won’t test him. So they won’t put him in the data base if he hasn’t been tested 

Edited by Tiny759

1 hour ago, Tiny759 said:

Hey I’m just talking from my experience from the people I know. He lives with her and they won’t test him. So they won’t put him in the data base if he hasn’t been tested 

I can’t speak to your friends care but what I am saying is that Yes some people are counted as presumptive positive cases without testing. 

18 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I can’t speak to your friends care but what I am saying is that Yes some people are counted as presumptive positive cases without testing. 

And some who have it are not being tested. My friend showed up for testing and was told they wouldn’t test even though all the symptoms were present, and the health care workers acknowledged it as well. My friend them said “I’m an essential worker” (they are, not lying) and they reversed their decision and tested. Results are pending, but it shows that they are still being selective in who they test. 

I was really struck by how many people I always assumed were intelligent and reasonable (some I always knew word morons) that are really showing their true selves.  Conspiracy theorists.  Deniers.  People who just don’t understand how contagious viruses are spread.  And it’s not even political.  I have a friend in Toronto.  Very left.  She’s all in on this being a hoax and a 5G conspiracy. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Seems reasonable......and familiar somehow

Silly girl. Major false equivalency. Abortion rights protect the woman, the individual; social distancing and vaccination protects the public at large.

In summary, swing and miss. Cute though, I'd debate with her for hours.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was really struck by how many people I always assumed were intelligent and reasonable (some I always knew word morons) that are really showing their true selves.  Conspiracy theorists.  Deniers.  People who just don’t understand how contagious viruses are spread.  And it’s not even political.  I have a friend in Toronto.  Very left.  She’s all in on this being a hoax and a 5G conspiracy. 

Or, when we they argue it has a similar fatality rate to the flu, because many who have COVID 19 are unidentified.  I suppose they think every single case of the flu is recorded?