Covid-19

JCon

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Seems like today a lot of talk about making the shots mandatory but that's Federal talk and won't translate well to the provinces.

Alberta Con's were immediately up in arms about it... "will NEVER happen here" was the call, unsurprisingly...

Another one bites the dust:

Anti-Vax Podcaster Doug Kuzma Dies Of COVID-19 After Attending Right-Wing Rally

Anti-vaccine podcaster Doug Kuzma, a QAnon follower who contracted COVID-19 after attending a large right-wing gathering last month, has died.

Kuzma, 61, of Newport News, Virginia, became ill shortly after the three-day “ReAwaken America” event in Dallas, which featured former Trump national security adviser and felon Michael Flynn. Few people wore masks at the event. After several attendees became ill following the rally, some claimed without evidence that they had been secretly poisoned with anthrax.

23 hours ago, Tracker said:

POINT MADE....OR NOT

Qovid qot her

Some Journalists need to stop writing 'some claimed without evidence' when it comes to describing their drivel.

Call it drivel, lies, stupidity with absolutely no basis in actual reality. Kind words is not appropriate here. It's killing people.

10 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Some Journalists need to stop writing 'some claimed without evidence' when it comes to describing their drivel.

Call it drivel, lies, stupidity with absolutely no basis in actual reality. Kind words is not appropriate here. It's killing people.

Call me harsh but it's one less idiot that has caused the death of gullible people. No  sympathy from me at all. 

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/novak-djokovic-australia-court-appeal-decision-1.6309290

Novak Djokovic returned to the tennis court Monday for training, having won a legal battle to stay in Australia and play in the Australian Open after his exemption from strict coronavirus rules was questioned. But the government is still threatening to cancel his visa and deport him.

Federal Circuit Court Judge Anthony Kelly reinstated Djokovic's visa, which was pulled after his arrival last week because officials said he didn't qualify for an exemption to a rule that all non-citizens be fully vaccinated. Djokovic's lawyers say since he recently recovered from COVID-19, he didn't need to be inoculated.

The judge ruled the No. 1 player had not been given enough time to speak to his lawyers before the decision was made and ordered the government to release him from a Melbourne quarantine hotel where he has spent the last four nights.

But government lawyer Christopher Tran told the judge the immigration minister "will consider whether to exercise a personal power of cancellation."

That would mean the nine-time Australian Open winner and defending champion could again face deportation and miss the tournament, which starts on Jan. 17. It could also bar him from the country for three years.

He is covidiot scum.

On Sunday, I happened to look at Facebook where CBC posted our federal Minister of Health's comments about the possibility of mandatory vaccinations. The responses were hysterical and on the verge of threatening violence. Sounded for all the world like something posters in Texas would say. Sad and a little scary.

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

On Sunday, I happened to look at Facebook where CBC posted our federal Minister of Health's comments about the possibility of mandatory vaccinations. The responses were hysterical and on the verge of threatening violence. Sounded for all the world like something posters in Texas would say. Sad and a little scary.

As someone who thinks a person who is able but chooses not to get vaccinated is stupid and selfish, I don't like the idea of mandatory vaccination. Taking away privileges, etc, is one thing, but something about forcing a needle into someone's arm makes me uneasy.

Unless I am misunderstanding what they mean by "mandatory". 

I have no idea what " mandatory vaccines " means. I'd love it if every single person got vaccinated. I'm all for vaccine passports for things like sporting events and restaurants. But you can't force people to get vaccines.You can't hold them down and jab them and you can't deny them the fundamentals of Canadian life.

As Canadians we have rights such a the right to be a stupid pos, but mandatory vaccines are a no go for me get as many vaccinated as possible and impose restrictions of the me me me people. Bottom line healthcare in this country especially in this Province needs to be torn down and rebuilt top to bottom.

46 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

As someone who thinks a person who is able but chooses not to get vaccinated is stupid and selfish, I don't like the idea of mandatory vaccination. Taking away privileges, etc, is one thing, but something about forcing a needle into someone's arm makes me uneasy.

Unless I am misunderstanding what they mean by "mandatory". 

Open question for the group, just looking for opinions:

If people don’t want to enforce vaccinations but are OK with denying access to things or places as a privilege withheld, then how would people feel about denying access to healthcare or the ICU for those who refuse to take steps (I.e. getting vaccinated) to keep themselves and others as healthy as possible, keeping in mind that health care is a right and not a privilege? I am seriously on the fence here, as I don’t like the infringement of rights but also hate the thought of others being denied care because of the overcrowding of ICUs and it puts others at risk for their cancelled procedures. 

personal rights and freedoms go out the window when you have a public emergency such as this. When the greater good of all society is at stake, your personal rights and freedoms go away. I'm fine with that. Logistically, "mandatory" vaccines is impossible (sort of). You can't have the police going door to door and jabbing everyone. But what you do is make it impossible for someone to live their every day normal life without getting it. That is increasingly what they've been doing, and should continue to do. 

Carrots don't work.....sticks do. Time to start whompin'...

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Open question for the group, just looking for opinions:

If people don’t want to enforce vaccinations but are OK with denying access to things or places as a privilege withheld, then how would people feel about denying access to healthcare or the ICU for those who refuse to take steps (I.e. getting vaccinated) to keep themselves and others as healthy as possible, keeping in mind that health care is a right and not a privilege? I am seriously on the fence here, as I don’t like the infringement of rights but also hate the thought of others being denied care because of the overcrowding of ICUs and it puts others at risk for their cancelled procedures. 

I hear you on this one but it can become a slippery slope.  I'm not a fan of the slippery slope argument, but there are some easy ones that are a very close comparison that make that a tough call.  Everyone knows that smoking isn't good for you, so if you choose to smoke, should you be denied health care?

When it comes to triage though, I can see it making sense to prioritize everyone over the unvaxed.

I definitely agree with the vaccine passport idea where privileges are limited (ie. attending sporting events, being inside private businesses, etc.)

19 minutes ago, Sard said:

I hear you on this one but it can become a slippery slope.  I'm not a fan of the slippery slope argument, but there are some easy ones that are a very close comparison that make that a tough call.  Everyone knows that smoking isn't good for you, so if you choose to smoke, should you be denied health care?

When it comes to triage though, I can see it making sense to prioritize everyone over the unvaxed.

I definitely agree with the vaccine passport idea where privileges are limited (ie. attending sporting events, being inside private businesses, etc.)

Just to split hairs I’d rather not call them vaccine passports but rather have people show their immunization cards. The cynical part of me tho is all this will lead to is a huge spike in black market revenue because, you know, human beings. I’m becoming less and less of a fan of our species.