The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

21 hours ago, JCon said:

Had to dig my card out of a drawer today for a hold pickup. Wasn't sure where it was. I've been using the app for a while. 

App works for me to scan the barcode, just not requesting holds or updating information. Last I saw was that they expected the problem to last for a while.

Now that I have to use the website instead of the app, I've found an interesting service where they suggest books. You fill out a form and a librarian gets to you within 5 days to make 5 suggestions. I was impressed with the suggestions made for me. - Five-in-Five Book List (libwizard.com)

10 hours ago, WildPath said:

App works for me to scan the barcode, just not requesting holds or updating information. Last I saw was that they expected the problem to last for a while.

Now that I have to use the website instead of the app, I've found an interesting service where they suggest books. You fill out a form and a librarian gets to you within 5 days to make 5 suggestions. I was impressed with the suggestions made for me. - Five-in-Five Book List (libwizard.com)

Oh, does it? The Freep article made it seem like the whole thing was down. 

Sounds like there is a new app about to launch from the same company but without the proprietary bit of code that's become problematic. 

That's neat! I didn't know about that service. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My cannot miss event of the summer #3 (alongside Burt BlocK Party and Banjo Bowl)

https://greatoutdoorscomedyfestival.com/gocf-winnipeg-manitoba/

3 night event this July... Tom Segura, Bill Burr, Nate Bargatze headlining... Bobby Lee, Gerry Dee, Jessica Kirson supporting...

Outside on the Lyric lawn at Ass Park... on sale now...

If I only go VIP for on one night I'm thinking VIP Friday, general admission Saturday... as much as I love Ol' Billy Redface I'm an even bigger Tommy Bunz fan and I'm exactly immature enough to be entertained by Bobby Lee.

On 2024-02-02 at 9:05 AM, MOBomberFan said:

My cannot miss event of the summer #3 (alongside Burt BlocK Party and Banjo Bowl)

https://greatoutdoorscomedyfestival.com/gocf-winnipeg-manitoba/

3 night event this July... Tom Segura, Bill Burr, Nate Bargatze headlining... Bobby Lee, Gerry Dee, Jessica Kirson supporting...

Outside on the Lyric lawn at Ass Park... on sale now...

If I only go VIP for on one night I'm thinking VIP Friday, general admission Saturday... as much as I love Ol' Billy Redface I'm an even bigger Tommy Bunz fan and I'm exactly immature enough to be entertained by Bobby Lee.

Yeah, the comedy festival should be a good time. I might just go to Sat and Sun as I've seen Segura before.

I'm interested to hear what the Block party line-up is go to be though. They have changed it up this year and its just one weekend (Thurs Aug 22 - Sun Aug 25).

Hopefully Friday's acts arent ones Id want to see as there is a Bomber game that night.

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, the comedy festival should be a good time. I might just go to Sat and Sun as I've seen Segura before.

I'm interested to hear what the Block party line-up is go to be though. They have changed it up this year and its just one weekend (Thurs Aug 22 - Sun Aug 25).

Hopefully Friday's acts arent ones Id want to see as there is a Bomber game that night.

Yes I'm eager to hear the lineup this year, but honestly just give me practically any three Canadian 90s rock bands and I'm almost guaranteed to go. Bif Naked, I Mother Earth (one of my all time faves) and The Watchmen has been my favorite lineup so far, that night set a pretty high bar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Noeller said:

condos/apartments at the Forks... very interesting. 

The idea makes sense... unfortunately the area has had a drastic increase in violent crimes so I'm not sure if the desire for folks wanting to move in that area is all that high.   

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The idea makes sense... unfortunately the area has had a drastic increase in violent crimes so I'm not sure if the desire for folks wanting to move in that area is all that high.   

unless the condos help refurbish the area and remove the criminal element?? I dunno..... but maybe worth a shot. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

unless the condos help refurbish the area and remove the criminal element?? I dunno..... but maybe worth a shot. 

There are lots of new developments, apartments and whatnot. It's booming down there.