Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

Interesting signing...does he play SAM...and WILL...or just WILL?

He is a hitter though...and isn't slow...maybe a safety option ala Bennie Thompson?...that would be pretty lethal 

Maybe Antigha to Safety and Awe backs at MIKE and WILL?

3 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I like the thought of this a lot! Bennie Thompson/Dave Bovell type of safety. Alexander can then move to DB. I do find it curious because weren’t the last two signings LBs as well?

The more I think of it, Him at safety, in the minds of any receiver even thinking of coming across the middle has got to have them pretty leery..especially with Bighill in the middle, and Josh Johnson and Alexander back there...both hitters too...

An Alexander/Johnson/Awe/Taylor/Jones back field would be a pretty scary group if you ask me...also Antigha in that mix...pretty versatile group thats being put together..

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

depth to push Wilson...is a year younger too, and if anything most likely one will start, and the other takes Korey Jones spot, and also allows us to tun at times a modified 3-4 type front I bet 

I thought Antigha was going to take Jones' spot.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Antigha is a jack of all trade tho.

He can be a DE, which might push McCalister or a rookie DE out of the lineup. 

He can play the safety, which push Alexander to the corner and a rookie DB out of the lineup.

Experience, I guess is not a bad thing.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Antigha is a jack of all trade tho.

He can be a DE, which might push McCalister or a rookie DE out of the lineup. 

He can play the safety, which push Alexander to the corner and a rookie DB out of the lineup.

Experience, I guess is not a bad thing.

Well if you have this versatile Antigha, combined with rookies who have been brought in, makes the see signing a bit curious.

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Awe is a more pure LB moreso than Antigha...Antigha could be slotted in a spot where we used the DI for the dime back possibly...With Maston and Alexander both able to play Halfback and Safety, Antigha able to come off edge as a DE, most likely able to cover WILL..possibly SAM, as well as drop off into safety like in Sask, gives us lot's of roster options/different looks, as well as nice positional coverage with in game injuries...If anything Walter's is building a very versatile, and deep defense

Edited by Booch

Just now, Noeller said:

Wyman figures a replacement for Korey Jones. Will play ST and back up MACK/WIL....

Thats what I figure as well...He and Wilson will battle for starter spot, and one will be the DI...and probably see some rotation as well. Anyway you cut it, our line backing group is now way stronger than last year with essentially 4 guys who could start anywhere in the league

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

we still have holes though, unlike the Riders roster. ODay is killing it better than Walters. 😅

I truly can't see how/why O'day and Dickenson feel that their roster is so solid and good...no depth anywhere...they lost arguably their best defensive player in Moncrief and replaced him with an old LB out of ball last year, have no depth on o-line and questionable starters, no national receivers to mention...lost their starting D-Tackle...and basically just re-signed last years starters, a group that couldn't get it done....either they are really stupid, poor judges of talent, or guys don't want to sign there, so they spun the "we're good" story

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I truly can't see how/why O'day and Dickenson feel that their roster is so solid and good...no depth anywhere...they lost arguably their best defensive player in Moncrief and replaced him with an old LB out of ball last year, have no depth on o-line and questionable starters, no national receivers to mention...lost their starting D-Tackle...and basically just re-signed last years starters, a group that couldn't get it done....either they are really stupid, poor judges of talent, or guys don't want to sign there, so they spun the "we're good" story

Whistling past the CFL graveyard.

I doubt Antigha or Awe got much of a signing bonus if any...  they are coming in to compete in camp just like everyone else

Wilson (Awe/Peters) - Bighill (Miles) - Maston (Antigha)

Jefferson (McAllister) - Thomas (Griffiths) - Richardson - Jeffcoat (Hansen)

Getting some serious depth on the front seven - really looking like 3-4