WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

Just now, Booch said:

yes...true...but i the LDC he may have generated more points as well...especially with Harris out as well...Thats a lot of veteran leadership that was missing in that game..in that environment

yet Streveler scored enough to have won that game... they gave up 6 first downs in that last Riders drive... 6

3 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

see, it was a trick question... you passed... lol

you're on my team, Booch...

thats how I rolled...played on the edge...closer to dirty and mean then always within rules and nice...and took em all on...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

thats how I rolled...played on the edge...closer to dirty and mean then always within rules and nice...and took em all on...

I always use to joke that if I had played defense that on the first play I'd go offsides and clothes line the QB and take the penalty... just to let him know I was there, lol...

6 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

yet Streveler scored enough to have won that game... they gave up 6 first downs in that last Riders drive... 6

no question there one bit...was soley on the defence...but I think that Nichols would have put more points up and a FG..even a TD wouldn't have won it as a walk off...but we will never know...been a weirdly frustrating season of highs and lows, but I think it bonded this team even more than they were and they are trending in right direction now and on a mission again...

Just now, Booch said:

no question there one bit...was soley on the defence...but I think that Nichols would have put more points up and a FG..even a TD wouldn't have won it as a walk off...but we will never know...been a weirdly frustrating season of highs and lows, but I think it bonded this team even more than they were and they are trending in right direction now and on a mission again...

maybe, we don't know... he might have... I just wish people would be willing to be realistic is all...

1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I always use to joke that if I had played defense that on the first play I'd go offsides and clothes line the QB and take the penalty... just to let him know I was there, lol...

hahahaha...thats how I was...my favorite defensive coach told us when in pursuit if we had to hop/hurdle over a guy he expected us to kick him in the ribs...let em know you are there and if we didn't...we heard about it...

14 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I know what you mean, I would have too... but, it's not like anyone in the Bomber organization would actually act on anything we've said...  at least I don't think so...

but you know, I think we have some very smart people, both at our place and here... people like to throw the old 'where did you coach at' around a lot but just because you haven't ever coach doesn't mean that you can't understand the game... hell, I wasn't born a millionaire, I figured out how to make it...

Don't say that to Aardvark. The Bombers basically hired Bob Wylie on his recommendation and who could forget the hot chocolate debacle of 2015 where his complaint launched an investigation into the hot beverage industry at IGF.

Edited by gcn11

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

The Bombers won exactly zero games when they scored 17 or less this year. 

they didn't win any games scoring 22 pts either... what's your point? you saying it's not possible to win a game with 17 pts?  Hamilton won a game this year with only 13 pts... and I've been told by a reliable source that they are the best team in the league...

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

hahahaha...thats how I was...my favorite defensive coach told us when in pursuit if we had to hop/hurdle over a guy he expected us to kick him in the ribs...let em know you are there and if we didn't...we heard about it...

Many years ago when I played, when on the bottom of the pile we were instructed to pick a guy and give him a shot in the nuts. Not enough to hurt him, just enough to get him to lose his temper. Worked like a charm. 1st down only yielded 1 yard, let's run again create a pile and move the ball 15 on the UR penalty the other team would take.

Edited by gcn11

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

Many years ago when I played, when on the bottom of the pile we were instructed to pick a guy and give him a shot in the nuts. Not enough to hurt him, just enough to get him to lose his temper. Worked like a charm.

hahaha...that still goes on...that pile/scrum can get uuuuglyy

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Before he got hurt the Bombers were cruising to first in the west and Nichols was looking like the only thing that would prevent him from being an MOP candidate was Andrew Harris...

I just do not understand how people can downplay Matt Nichols at this point. All he does for this team is win football games. Yeah it's not pretty and can be boring at times, but that's a Lapo gameplan when you're playing with a lead, which Nichols had more times than not this season. 

It's because of this thing called Freedom of Expression.  Unfortunately, with this gift came an obligation to used it wisely and that is where things start falling apart.  While many of the league's QB's did the 300,400 or even 500 yard tricks our little ugly duckling would often not even pass for 200 yards but somehow kept winning games while leading the league in efficiency ratings.  

5 minutes ago, LeBird said:

It's because of this thing called Freedom of Expression.  Unfortunately, with this gift came an obligation to used it wisely and that is where things start falling apart.  While many of the league's QB's did the 300,400 or even 500 yard tricks our little ugly duckling would often not even pass for 200 yards but somehow kept winning games while leading the league in efficiency ratings.  

It's called the game plan. It's something a lot of people forget when discussing Matt.

Edited by gcn11

Just now, LeBird said:

and TD passes before he went down...oddly enough he was only 6 shy of being in the top 3 as well...with only 9 games played and all others above him playing between 11 and 17

3 minutes ago, LeBird said:

One thing people over look is the fact that Matt was also only averaging About 25 passes a game. Now he completes passes at a 70% rate. That’s about 17-18 completions a game. It’s pretty hard to throw for 250+ or 300+ yards a game when you are only expected to complete 18 passes. I think people over look the game plan that it wasn’t meant for a huge passing game and is based on a strong run game and tons of short throws.