Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JCon

2019-20 CFL Offseason

Recommended Posts

Back in March, I'd been hopeful for a LD start, but then as things got worse I said "no chance", but now I'm feeling hopeful for LD again. Most of my hope comes from the sheet stubbornness of Wade Miller. You try and tell him that something can't be done....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Lol......how many times did they say a sale was eminent? You have no idea what if anything they paid for the team. The other teams might have paid the owners to get them if the hook. As for what the owners said.....so there’s that.....is that like you can take that to the bank....lol.

Truthfully, neither do you so please stop playing CFL Insider here, thanks. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that since Ambrosie pulled his Mea Culpa with the media & the government that things seemed to have changed.  Not consulting the players & being appropriately roasted for doing so by media & politicians as well as having no business plan that the pendulum has suddenly swung from "The Season Is Lost" to "Let's All Do What We Can To Play". At least others are trying & haven't given up like Ambrosie did while asking for a handout. After being suitable shamed he seems to have gone into seclusion which might be for the best.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Interesting that since Ambrosie pulled his Mea Culpa with the media & the government that things seemed to have changed.  Not consulting the players & being appropriately roasted for doing so by media & politicians as well as having no business plan that the pendulum has suddenly swung from "The Season Is Lost" to "Let's All Do What We Can To Play". At least others are trying & haven't given up like Ambrosie did while asking for a handout. After being suitable shamed he seems to have gone into seclusion which might be for the best.  

Or alternatively the plans he started are coming to fruition. 

None of us know enough about what's going on to assign blame or credit anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Truthfully, neither do you so please stop playing CFL Insider here, thanks. 

You don’t have to be Warren Buffet to figure out that if each team paid over 600K to operate Montreal last season what a sound business opportunity that is and and VALUE of that business. No insider info required....business 001 in university.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Or alternatively the plans he started are coming to fruition. 

None of us know enough about what's going on to assign blame or credit anywhere. 

Ambrosie was ripped in the media by CFL players & politicians as being unprepared & never sought the cooperation of the players. Long time & respected CFL columnists like Terry Jones were writing stories like WTH is he doing?? The Players Association never even knew of his plans to testify before that committee.  The message was give us the money or we're done & it's on you.  So, there are legs to this. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

You don’t have to be Warren Buffet to figure out that if each team paid over 600K to operate Montreal last season what a sound business opportunity that is and and VALUE of that business. No insider info required....business 001 in university.

It seems a lot of successful business owners buy sports teams to stroke their egos just like they'd buy expensive homes, boats & cars. We don't know Siegel's motivation. Just hope he becomes a good & responsible owner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It seems a lot of successful business owners buy sports teams to stroke their egos just like they'd buy expensive homes, boats & cars. We don't know Siegel's motivation. Just hope he becomes a good & responsible owner. 

It’s obvious that Siegel had no idea he was buying into this situation. Braley’s quote is a concern about some teams being on the edge. You have to wonder if his is one of them. The privately owned ones are the obvious ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

It’s obvious that Siegel had no idea he was buying into this situation. Braley’s quote is a concern about some teams being on the edge. You have to wonder if his is one of them. The privately owned ones are the obvious ones.

The teams owned by NHL organizations are solid. Bob Young looks to be fine but who knows how the shutdown has affected his finances? Ottawa ownership looks solid for now despite Jeff Hunt leaving but they have to make strides or they'll be inn trouble. Braley has ground 2 franchises into the ground by cutting back budgets & unrealistic expectations of the Lions worth. Montreal was starting to come back with a popular head coach & an exciting young team.  Toronto is just what it is. An unmitigated disaster with what seems no way to ever save that franchise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone trying to claim they know the financial stability of a team they don't have access to at minimum the most recent financial statements for is just spewing nonsense... just because the owner also owns an NHL team or some other venture means absolutely nothing, even if this preconceived notion would indicate said owner has the financial means to keep a CFL franchise afloat, there's nothing stopping them from scuttling it regardless, even if they just thought it was bleeding too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CFL "The perfect spots for those (hub cities) would be Regina and Saskatoon. You have multiple facilities there & you could use the universites, if they're not in school, to put up the players and staff. You could really cut hotel costs there." - @JDunk12 #CFL via @joeyalfieri - CFL News
 

Doesn’t that apply to any city that has universities Justin?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:


CFL "The perfect spots for those (hub cities) would be Regina and Saskatoon. You have multiple facilities there & you could use the universites, if they're not in school, to put up the players and staff. You could really cut hotel costs there." - @JDunk12 #CFL via @joeyalfieri - CFL News
 

Doesn’t that apply to any city that has universities Justin?

 

and Winnipeg doesnt have multiple facilities....IGF is right beside the the U of M Bison practice field...the indoor practice facility, as well as what...4 different residences right on the U of M campus, which can house more people than the university in Regina

Pretty short cited analysis there..plus the facft they had more cases than MB and havnt flattened the curve as well....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having gone to the University of Regina it is set up perfect for it actually. They have three really big dorm complex's. Have a practice field right on campus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Having gone to the University of Regina it is set up perfect for it actually. They have three really big dorm complex's. Have a practice field right on campus. 

As does Winnipeg...plus it is smack dab in center of canada...and actually IGF  has 2 outdoor practice facilities within 100m of the stadium..plus the Subway indoor complex..and as mentioned...indoor plumbing...wifi..paved roads...dentists..the list goes on....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought Lucky was just one step...one little move from breaking a play for bigger yardage....I think he's definitely on the right track in working on that part of his game...that being more elusive and smarter...Looking for bigger things from Whitehead this year.........................................whenever that is?????hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regina could be one of a few hub cities, but not one of two.  They have some of the only fans who might pay a few dollars to go to a neutral site game between two non-Sask teams.  But, they have nowhere for fans of other teams to stay.  Their hotel situation is still terrible and the Airbnb options are few and far between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MC said:

Regina could be one of a few hub cities, but not one of two.  They have some of the only fans who might pay a few dollars to go to a neutral site game between two non-Sask teams.  But, they have nowhere for fans of other teams to stay.  Their hotel situation is still terrible and the Airbnb options are few and far between.

Am I missing something, or wouldn't the whole point of hub cities be to play the games without fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MC said:

Airbnb options are few and far between.

By bnb’s, did you mean barns and bordellos? Because we know they have lots of barns, or are they the same thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...