Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Seems like smoke has ignited to a small flame, way to much about Laine and the way he has been used, attitude toward coach and what he may be looking for financially speaking, still can't believe that the Jets will trade him but I'm slowly being coaxed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, boy. Please mind the Twitter handle. 😉  

say it ain't so..... the lord giveth back Stastny and the lord taketh Laine  

I guess that settles the 2C situation for at least a year.

15 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Seems like smoke has ignited to a small flame, way to much about Laine and the way he has been used, attitude toward coach and what he may be looking for financially speaking, still can't believe that the Jets will trade him but I'm slowly being coaxed.

Maurice and his refusal to leave Laine on the first line will be our downfall...better to leave Wheeler there he is in his prime.🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many 'if's and really no confirmation from Laine to believe any of this trade rumour talk....I don't see any trade partner being mentioned...just that Laine 'apparently' wants to be moved and that according to his agent....That's pretty weak...In any event IF it does happen that we part ways with Patrik we better be getting a truck load coming our way and not a load of crap..I'll wait for something more concrete than the musing from the tsn news maker wannabe's 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stickem said:

Too many 'if's and really no confirmation from Laine to believe any of this trade rumour talk....I don't see any trade partner being mentioned...just that Laine 'apparently' wants to be moved and that according to his agent....That's pretty weak...In any event IF it does happen that we part ways with Patrik we better be getting a truck load coming our way and not a load of crap..I'll wait for something more concrete than the musing from the tsn news maker wannabe's 

The agents didn't say necessarily that he wanted to be moved, just that it would be mutually beneficial for both parties. That's not really an, if, but more of an sad realization that it could be over. 

 

Laine has many flaws in his game and he needs to develop. If the Jets just put him at the top of the circle and let him shoot all the time, he wouldn't develop. 

But, he's also has elite level talent and will be an elite level NHLer. If Laine doesn't see that he's becoming a better overall player, then that's on him (and his reps). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JCon said:

The agents didn't say necessarily that he wanted to be moved, just that it would be mutually beneficial for both parties. That's not really an, if, but more of an sad realization that it could be over. 

 

Laine has many flaws in his game and he needs to develop. If the Jets just put him at the top of the circle and let him shoot all the time, he wouldn't develop. 

But, he's also has elite level talent and will be an elite level NHLer. If Laine doesn't see that he's becoming a better overall player, then that's on him (and his reps). 

To a point,but if he isn't getting ice time with other top players how is it his fault?  Why should he stick with a coach who clearly favors other players over him? He outplayed Wheeler last year and his reward? Second line again with a fourth line center. We wonder why he is frustrated?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bb1 said:

To a point,but if he isn't getting ice time with other top players how is it his fault?  Why should he stick with a coach who clearly favors other players over him? He outplayed Wheeler last year and his reward? Second line again with a fourth line center. We wonder why he is frustrated?

In what way? After Little got pucked Wheeler became a center.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

In what way? After Little got pucked Wheeler became a center.

Nope after we acquired Eakin ,Laine was dropped to second line with him and Ehlers....another fourth line center in Eakin was added to list of centers that Laine has played with. And again we wonder why he wants out maybe?

Edited by bb1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bb1 said:

Nope after we acquired Eakin ,Laine was dropped to second line with him and Ehlers....another fourth line center.

Wheeler is a better player than Laine is right now. And, he has great chemistry with Sheif. 

 

I would be in favour of firing Maurice if he didn't put Sheif and Wheeler together, rather than appeasing a young, incredibly talented but also flawed, player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Wheeler is a better player than Laine is right now. And, he has great chemistry with Sheif. 

 

I would be in favour of firing Maurice if he didn't put Sheif and Wheeler together, rather than appeasing a young, incredibly talented but also flawed, player. 

Good thing your not a coach or GM! I jest but we are a drafting team and if we can't ( or won't) have a coach that can let the young guys play. ( i will include Roslo and Niku in this) then these young guys are gonna walk...reality of modern day million dollar paychecks. These guys know it will cost them big coin down the road if they are not playing.The days of players biding their time is over.

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

 

 

Edited by bb1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bb1 said:

Good thing your not a coach or GM! I jest but we are a drafting team and if we can't ( or won't) have a coach that can let the young guys play. ( i will include Roslo and Niku in this) then these young guys are gonna walk...reality of modern day million dollar paychecks. These guys know it will cost them big coin down the road if they are not playing.

Yeah, good thing.... Some players might actually develop. 

I remember when people lost their minds when Sheif wasn't get the top minutes because of his "potential" 

Niku has earned his spot on the Moose. Roslo has never shown he can play centre at the NHL level. Potential, sure. 

Everyone wants the rookies to play now, play now, play now, ignoring the fact that they need to develop to be better players. 

It's not "reality of modern day", players have always wanted to play more. Always. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, good thing.... Some players might actually develop. 

I remember when people lost their minds when Sheif wasn't get the top minutes because of his "potential" 

Niku has earned his spot on the Moose. Roslo has never shown he can play centre at the NHL level. Potential, sure. 

Everyone wants the rookies to play now, play now, play now, ignoring the fact that they need to develop to be better players. 

It's not "reality of modern day", players have always wanted to play more. Always. 

Yep no doubt but the 10 million plus paydays are now, and the mindset is now not later ,you just have to look at the players now no matter how little experience they have that demand play me or trade me. That has changed. No player of Laine 's ability is gonna be happy with second line minutes. Too much money on the table.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Laine had like 75% of his time on ice with Sheif last year. And, he got more 5on5 ice time than Wheeler too, I believe. 

But at the end of the year it was Laine who was put with Eakin not Wheeler..we can spin it anyway we want but it looks like Laine is not happy with how he has been treated and i agree with him,Maurice has his favorites and that's that. Most coaches do,but imo its wise to make them your most talented. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the tsn talking heads ..potential landing spots for Patrik are Columbus....Detroit....or L.A.....So that's their latest take IF Laine is moved....No mention....not even a guess about who these teams are willing to part with in a trade....Which brings me to, you have to give up great talent to get great talent....How do any one of those clubs mentioned move forward by making a 'saw off ' deal...UNLESS they think they can pull off a shyster deal ..Chevy is not going to part ways with the most liked player on this club for diddly....and he didn't just fall off the turnip truck....We better be talking 'blue chip' for 'blue chip' or someone's arse is gonna be on the line

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...