Jump to content

The Trade Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Just not this season.

As a permanent fixture, I agree. I think there's enough talent and versatility in that top 6 to move 29 up or 26 down depending on usage, though.

81 - 55 - 26 (29)
27 - 25 - 29 (26)

That's a very strong top 6 no matter how you deploy the lines. Stastny splitting two speed demons like Ehlers and Wheeler could drive opponents mad, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d switch Laine and Wheeler and not think twice about it.  I like Wheeler, but it’s time for Laine to be on the top line.  And it’s not like it’s a big demotion... He’ll play with Stastny and Ehlers, which I’m betting will be very successful.

Some have said Wheeler is more well rounded and better defensively... I’m not so sure that gap is as big as you think.  Laine has really improved and I’ve noticed Wheeler coasting many times in the D zone.  I actually think Wheeler was better defensively when he was a centerman because he was more focused on his positional responsibilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I’d switch Laine and Wheeler and not think twice about it.  I like Wheeler, but it’s time for Laine to be on the top line.  And it’s not like it’s a big demotion... He’ll play with Stastny and Ehlers, which I’m betting will be very successful.

Some have said Wheeler is more well rounded and better defensively... I’m not so sure that gap is as big as you think.  Laine has really improved and I’ve noticed Wheeler coasting many times in the D zone.  I actually think Wheeler was better defensively when he was a centerman because he was more focused on his positional responsibilities.

Wait, are you suggesting that Laine has been coached properly and is developing? That's blasphemy in some parts.

 

And, for the record, I agree going forward that Laine should be next to Sheif. It's time but not before now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Jets Trades That Could Make Difference in 2020-21

https://thehockeywriters.com/jets-potential-trades-2020-21/

Jets Acquire Pavel Zacha; Devils Acquire Jack Roslovic, 2021 3rd-Round Pick

Jets Acquire MacKenzie Weegar; Panthers Acquire Jack Roslovic

Jets Acquire Aaron Ekblad; Panthers Acquire Nikolaj Ehlers, Sami Niku, 2021 2nd-Round Pick

Jets Acquire Victor Olofsson, Rasmus Ristolainen, Casey Fitzgerald, and 2021 2nd-Round Pick; Sabres Acquire Patrik Laine and Logan Stanley

 

I would probably do everyone of these potential trades, which tells me that the trading partners probably wouldn't. Ekblad though... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 2020-11-13 at 7:57 AM, JCon said:

Jets Trades That Could Make Difference in 2020-21

https://thehockeywriters.com/jets-potential-trades-2020-21/

Jets Acquire Pavel Zacha; Devils Acquire Jack Roslovic, 2021 3rd-Round Pick

Jets Acquire MacKenzie Weegar; Panthers Acquire Jack Roslovic

Jets Acquire Aaron Ekblad; Panthers Acquire Nikolaj Ehlers, Sami Niku, 2021 2nd-Round Pick

Jets Acquire Victor Olofsson, Rasmus Ristolainen, Casey Fitzgerald, and 2021 2nd-Round Pick; Sabres Acquire Patrik Laine and Logan Stanley

 

I would probably do everyone of these potential trades, which tells me that the trading partners probably wouldn't. Ekblad though... 

We need to hear soon, "Jets acquire Defenseman . . ."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

We need to hear soon, "Jets acquire Defenseman . . ."

I'm not sure if the addition of a defenseman is going to help what ails this team. I also have to wonder what the Jets would have to give up to get a worthwhile piece within the confines of their cap. Who's even out there worth a look right now?

To me, it looks more like a system issue and some questionable deployment of personnel. The blue line pairings seem to rarely work. Their positional play in their own end is atrocious at times. Their puck movement out of their zone is inconsistent as hell. And when the forward lines decide to take a shift off and not bother defending, it exacerbates all the aforementioned issues.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Dubois now out for an 'indeterminate' time...according to Maurice....I'm starting to wonder about his trade...Did we trade for damaged goods....😒

Let’s not go off the deep end.  He played a couple games and possibly pulled something, it happens.  Especially after not playing for almost 3 weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Let’s not go off the deep end.  He played a couple games and possibly pulled something, it happens.  Especially after not playing for almost 3 weeks.

A lot of players have down time...and a lot longer than 3 wks. and get right back at it....I'm not pushing the panic button....yet ..We haven't seen him yet in a game and maybe a lot of fans are getting frustrated....First the quarantine and now this....We could sure use the guy BUT maybe you're right and no need to worry... It could all be just bad timing...We'll see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Stickem said:

A lot of players have down time...and a lot longer than 3 wks. and get right back at it....I'm not pushing the panic button....yet ..We haven't seen him yet in a game and maybe a lot of fans are getting frustrated....First the quarantine and now this....We could sure use the guy BUT maybe you're right and no need to worry... It could all be just bad timing...We'll see

Maybe I’m missing your point, but he’s played in 2 games, right?  It sounds like it’s a minor injury, so let’s hope that’s the case and he’ll be back on Wednesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Maybe I’m missing your point, but he’s played in 2 games, right?  It sounds like it’s a minor injury, so let’s hope that’s the case and he’ll be back on Wednesday.

you're right ....my mistake....he was in the lineup for 2 games  ....He's on this road trip but won't play against the Oilers tonight....Maurice figures it might be just day to day with the 'mechanism' problem...I hope he gets back soon....we need him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...