Calgary @ Toronto

Zontar

4 minutes ago, White Out said:

Pull together guys! Go Argos! 

Stamps should be 7-5 by all rights, I've never seen such a lukewarm team fluke themselves into such a good record.

Don't know that I'd agree with that assessment. Calgary has not looked dominant in many wins, and maybe that field goal block was a lucky win last week, but two of their losses at home to Ottawa and Montreal were rare late game collapses where the other teams got lucky and "stole" a win, so overall I think their record has balanced out their good and bad flukes. They are what their record says they are.

Toronto is coming off their largest road win (by +29 over Ottawa) in 13 years.

- The Stamps are win away (this week) from matching Saskatchewan (1962-76) for the 5th-longest playoff streak in history with 15. - Calgary has won the last 11 games against the Argos and has not lost on the road in Toronto since 2012 (6 in a row).

- Oppt Pts Off Toronto T/Os - 1st 6 games: 73 Last 5 games: 10. That reflects a huge improvement in points after Giveaways.

- Toronto Forced Opponent T/Os - 1st 9 games: 12 Last 2 games: 10. Up from 1.3 per game to 5.0 per game in the last two.

- Toronto 2-&-Outs - 1st 6 games: 44 Last 5 games: 23.

- Since returning 3 games ago, Bo Levi Mitchell has not been sacked. The last team to go 4 in a row w/o a Sack? Hamilton in 2004. (The Calgary club record is 4 games in a row without allowing a Sack in 1980).

- McLeod Bethel-Thompson - First 4 starts: 8 INTs, 6 TD Passes; Last 5 starts: 2 INTs, 12 TD passes.

- McLeod Bethel-Thompson has 5 straight games with multiple TD passes, 4 games of 300+ in the last 5, led 14 TD drives in 5 gms.

- Bo Levi Mitchell has a streak of 9 straight games with a TD pass back to 2018.

Game Notes

👁‍🗨 Toronto has showed marked improvement since the season started and Calgary is playing without Begelton and Greenwood. 

Could the upset happen?

Why not?

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

East is doing no favours. 

The worst thing is we'll have to hear about the stamps being the best team in the  league now. By all rights they should have lost to Hamilton and bc and be going to 7-6.

I guess I just dislike the stamps and their obnoxious "fans". 

They're second to Riders fans for sure. Just the worst kind of people... 

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

complete horseshit...

Not at all, we had the ball with an opportunity to close out the game and did nothing with it (just like the previous week against Toronto).  

We got lucky that Calgary’s receivers all have stone hands and cost them what would’ve been a game winning field goal. 

Anyways, the point I was making is that all teams have “lucky wins” and you are what your record says you are. Calgary is still a damn good team that I don’t want to see in the West Final. 

Edited by Blueandgold

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They're second to Riders fans for sure. Just the worst kind of people... 

They're spoiled & entitled because they haven't missed the playoffs in 15 years. They always roll up 12, 13, 14 or better win seasons. They may not win a lot of Grey Cups but they sure clean up during the regular season.  What their fanbase needs is 5 straight seasons of losing & by losing I mean 2-16 seasons to teach the real mouthy ones some humility.  Fans don't go to games anymore not just because their stadium is a dump but because it's boring to watch them win. They've forgotten what it's like to lose. And then there's the media here. The Global radio station that covers the teams games has just an arrogant host who likes to mock other teams or says stupid things. He can be an ******* at times.

Edited by SpeedFlex27