GDT-Stumps @ Bombers

Nolby

I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't care how the Bombers win. Just Fuking win. Play hard, play on the edge of out of control without taking penalties and punish these fuking Stamps. Do your job and win. I'm still mad about last week to the point where I can't even listen or read about it so this week they have to win.  

1 hour ago, JCon said:

It's windy. I was walking around at lunch and it was blustery in many places. But, EC says it's going to calm down. Certainly no gale force winds. 

Gale force was an exaggeration but its quite blustery for sure especially in a big open field area

Stamps made a financial decision to hold Mitchell out one more game. This is a team, like the Lions seriously up against the cap because of Mitchell's salary. His injury & the play of Arbuckle has been a blessing for the Stamps in order to find cap relief.  Meanwhile in BC Mike Reilly's contract continues to suck the life out of that team as well as he is able to keep playing. That's probably why only some minor player moves were made during their bye week when more were expected.

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/08/stampeders-100000-decision-bo-levi-mitchells-six-game-cap-savings/

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stamps made a financial decision to hold Mitchell out one more game. This is a team, like the Lions seriously up against the cap because of Mitchell's salary. His injury & the play of Arbuckle has been a blessing for the Stamps in order to find cap relief.  Meanwhile in BC Mike Reilly's contract continues to suck the life out of that team as well as he is able to keep playing. That's probably why only some minor player moves were made during their bye week when more were expected.

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/08/stampeders-100000-decision-bo-levi-mitchells-six-game-cap-savings/

It means that they'll be able to add players down the stretch as they shake loose from the NFL. 

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think they're afraid of the Bombers and figure they can beat us with Arbuckle. Made this decision easier for sure. 

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

I don't think they're afraid of the Bombers and figure they can beat us with Arbuckle. Made this decision easier for sure. 

Sad, but true. I do not think that the Stamps' DC is losing a lot  of sleep over the Bombers' offensive prowess. Would be nice to prove him wrong.

15 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Sad, but true. I do not think that the Stamps' DC is losing a lot  of sleep over the Bombers' offensive prowess. Would be nice to prove him wrong.

Then that's a really dumb DC considering we are second in offensive points scored to Ham (199-197) and first in offensive TD's by 2 over next best team as well as employ the leagues best ground game with most yards...and most avg yards per rush attempt...just saying

I'd be hoping if I was the CGY DC that Lapo continues his trend of trying to outsmart the world and continue his trend of going away from what had been working and more or less making downfield strikes and misdirection and multiple player run plays dissapear from the offence...pretty much what has been a big reason for the last 2 losses

Just now, M.Silverback said:

I got O'Shea and Da Bombers 72 - zip tonight. Da Bombers!

Boy I would like to have what you're smoking or ingesting etc. I see it Stamps 28-27 over the Bombers. Matty "Thin Ice" has the chance to pull off a win but yet again can not deliver.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Then that's a really dumb DC considering we are second in offensive points scored to Ham (199-197) and first in offensive TD's by 2 over next best team as well as employ the leagues best ground game with most yards...and most avg yards per rush attempt...just saying

I'd be hoping if I was the CGY DC that Lapo continues his trend of trying to outsmart the world and continue his trend of going away from what had been working and more or less making downfield strikes and misdirection and multiple player run plays dissapear from the offence...pretty much what has been a big reason for the last 2 losses

Agreed. I suspect Lapo will do the same thing he did in our lacklustre loss to Calgary in last year's West Final. Try to play it safe and hope the D and special teams can win it. We need to see a huge turnaround from last weeks performance.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

I do not think that the Bomber offensive performances are indicative of the talent on the team outside of the quarterbacking. Whether this is the result of Nichols or the coaching we do not know, but it wouldn't surprise me if LaPolice has had to "dumb down" the game playbook when Nichols is off  to try to offset this and then whole offence suffers. 

2 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I love this. Let’s make Matty Thin Ice a thing.

So 'Game Manager' is dead then........'Thin Ice' is kinda cold....but I can go with it....Nichols better come up with something better than the last two offerings or that thin ice could get a helluva lot thinner

5 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

i could be wrong but I believe there are 2 people back there (during kickoff, not sure on punts) waiting for the ball. maybe the kicker is kicking it away from whitehead? 

Yep, most often there are 2 players back for kickoffs. Jones was listed as our primary returner against Toronto, yet Lucky handled all 4 kickoff returns and the missed field goal. Jones was the only man back on the punts and handled all the punt returns.

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

first of all I would say that Bob Odenkirk was famous before he was Saul Goodman....

his Better Call Saul/Broken Bad **** is quite secondary to his work on SNL and other late night shows, not to MENTION "Artillery Arthur" on HIMYM.....