GDT: Argos @ 'Riders

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No team hangs on to their head coach & GM forever. They leave for greener pastures or are fired. I would think for this scenario to occur they'd have to win a Grey Cup this season. Why would MLSE spend big bucks on 2 guys who built good teams but never won a championship?  Other than MOS who is an Argo legend there is nothing else there to bring him in as HC & Walters as GM.  Yet.

...because they're "legacy".......and they're also stupid and overpay for things. 

8 hours ago, Tracker said:

Despite the lop-sided win for the Riders, I still maintain that they and Fajardo are not good. Yer granny could have beaten the hapless Argos and I think they might actually  be worse than the Burke Bombers that still cause many of us to wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

Toronto in your barn in two weeks, should be zero reason a far superior qb of yours shouldn't have any trouble laying more than 430 yards passing against them? Especially considering he has never done it ever in his career.  I'll be watching intently

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Toronto in your barn in two weeks, should be zero reason a far superior qb of yours shouldn't have any trouble laying more than 430 yards passing against them? Especially considering he has never done it ever in his career.  I'll be watching intently

Ohhhh noooo.

Whatever will we do when he only throws for 350 and 4 TDs?

Will Fajardo even be your starter in 2 weeks? I guess you have no real choice 

Edited by Geebrr

21 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We are grateful to be able to provide you with a diversion from the dreariness of watching your Riders.

39 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Nichols had one 300 yard game last year so I wouldn't even hold my breath on that

He also played injured for most of the year so what's your point? 

When Fajardo has as many wins as Nichols as a starter we can talk. 

My guess is the Bombers put up 200-250 yards passing and 150 rushing against the Argos. As that is what Lapo likes to call. 

15 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

My guess is the Bombers put up 200-250 yards passing and 150 rushing against the Argos. As that is what Lapo likes to call. 

On point.  And there is no reason why he shouldn't call games that way.  

10 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Probably. 250 likely pushing it, more like 200 but yes.  That's about what it will be. Guess we will see how the numbers look at end of the year.

Edited by Ripper

34 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And I'll gladly take 200 and a W. 

A win is a win. Any fan will gladly take a win anytime. That doesn't make anyone a better qb than the other. Many things go into a win or loss, its not one person. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

On point.  And there is no reason why he shouldn't call games that way.  

Honestly I see them having no chance at all of stopping our run. I could see us having a gigantic game rushing and that minimizing the passing yards.  If you cant stop or slow down harris, what are you gonna do when lucky hits you on the fly sweep? Or demski on the play action sweep? or when the streveler package comes on? Youre gonna give up more rushing yards then any other team in the league this year. If not the most in a few years. 

338 yards is the record for most combined offensive yards in a game. 287 yards in a game is the rushing record. Those may not fall. But it could be a record for team rushing yards in a game. One of the worst Ds in modern history vs a great rushing O. Look out. 

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Probably. 250 likely pushing it, more like 200 but yes.  That's about what it will be. Guess we will see how the numbers look at end of the year.

Are you seriously pushing Fajardo into the light of scrutiny after his first victory ever?  Do you really want to go there?

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

How come we can't talk on a rider board like ripper talks on here ?........ wow..... hey ripper tell you er friends over there they are a bunch of chickenshits....

The majority of the people don't mind at all. There's always the I know you are but what am I crowd on every board. I don't get along with everyone on the board myself. Was banned one time for calling Duron Carter a idiot.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Are you seriously pushing Fajardo into the light of scrutiny after his first victory ever?  Do you really want to go there?

I am not pushing Farjardo, more like reminding you how bad your guy is. Go there?  Where are we going? 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And yet, we beat you in the WSF in your stadium. Matter of fact, it was sooooo easy. 

LOL.  NIchols passed for 169 yards and you beat us 23-18. Thanks for making my point Matt's mom

His awesomeness continued the following game against Calgary with a whopping 156 passing. You lost because Harris couldn't carry team in that one. Matt can't win when the running game doesn't do it for him

Edited by Ripper

15 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I am not pushing Farjardo, more like reminding you how bad your guy is. Go there?  Where are we going? 

Yet you pump up Collaros as better.

You are insane. 

SSK 14 234 382 2999 9 13

vs

WPG 14 254 392 3146 18 13

Get bent

WPG 17 411 579 4472 28

vs 

HAM 9 167 266 1767 8 7
Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Yet you pump up Collaros as better.

You are insane. 

SSK 14 234 382 2999 9 13

vs

WPG 14 254 392 3146 18 13

Get bent

WPG 17 411 579 4472 28

vs 

HAM 9 167 266 1767 8 7

I can see you are one of the I know you are but what am I guys around here. How am I pumping Collaros's tires and when did this occur. It bugs you that what I say about Nichols is true and you know it so you fire back about everything else but that. 

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

I would suspect that Toronto's defence cannot possibly play as poorly as they have the last couple of games. You really think it was your offence that was the kill shot against them? LMAO....The Toronto defence was literally stumbling and bumbling around and didn't even know what their assignments were. You could see them trying to figure it our pre-snap on a ton of their plays. Fajardo took advantage of a defence that was so assignment poor that their were missed coverages on virtually every play. In all honesty, I think we would have hung 70 points on that D.

I would imagine by week 5 or 6 they will at least know their playbook.

Edited by gcn11