CFL Pre-season - Week 1

Floyd

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

i read somewhere Soliman is injured..hasn't practiced yet?..how does one get injured before even being on the field...I think father time and injuries are taking toll on him and doubt he be much of an impact player there this year...more average than elite

They'll have Hurl on the middle, so no worries. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

On 2019-05-29 at 11:29 AM, Brandon said:

SJ Green is not done ,  that being said the stats are slightly skewed as most of his big games were against the East.   

I am not sure that helps the argument.  Every team in the league plays 8 games against the East and 10 against the West.  

9 minutes ago, MC said:

I am not sure that helps the argument.  Every team in the league plays 8 games against the East and 10 against the West.  

Just to clarify the argument Brandon is making... Green did not play more games against the East, but he had most of his production against the East.  601 of his 1095 yards and all four of his TDs were in 8 games against the east, and 494 yards and 0 TDs in the remaining 10 against the West.

It's crazy to me the difference in fan support between the top teams to Toronto and Mtl, imagine the outrage if the Bombers tried to play a home preseason game in the middle of a thursday for free in front of a bunch of school kids.

Edit: now that I think about it that might not be the craziest idea...... 🤔

Edited by Gotmilt

2 hours ago, Booch said:

i read somewhere Soliman is injured..hasn't practiced yet?..how does one get injured before even being on the field...I think father time and injuries are taking toll on him and doubt he be much of an impact player there this year...more average than elite

Eliminian was out of camp for awhile as he was a member of the CFLPA who was informing the players on the new deal

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I like that the Argos made this an event for school kids. Good idea for building a future fanbase.

As far as holding it in the morning goes....

Raptors game tonight in Toronto.

Nobody in their right mind would fight through that to get to Argo preseason game.

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I like that the Argos made this an event for school kids. Good idea for building a future fanbase.

You might be sorely disappointed, if they conducted an exit pole they'd probably discover that the majority of those kids have no idea what the event they just attended was, and the other customers who made the mistake of attending were too dazed to speak.  I listened to the last half of the broadcast and all I could hear in the background was crazy randomized screaming.

25 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You might be sorely disappointed, if they conducted an exit pole they'd probably discover that the majority of those kids have no idea what the event they just attended was, and the other customers who made the mistake of attending were too dazed to speak.  I listened to the last half of the broadcast and all I could hear in the background was crazy randomized screaming.

exit-concept-exit-sign-with-an-arrow-on-

??

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sounds like it might have been one of my family gatherings. Or a staff meeting.