Around the League 2019 Season

Jpan85

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Being told the issue is connected to the interpretation of the new American vet ratio of 3 🇺🇸 starters having to have played 3 seasons with same team or 4 in #CFL. @CFLonTSN
https://t.co/5RALolnAzU

Doesn't really surprise me.  This seems like a rule that is destined to be taken advantage of by crafty teams.   How exactly they plan to prevent teams from having a Canadian player go down to an "injury" when they aren't really injured is going to be key. How badly injured to they need to be?  I would think that at the very least when an import vet comes in for an injured Canadian that player should not be allowed to re-enter the game and needs to miss the next game at the very least. 

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

Then Derek Taylor throws out this little stat...I don’t have an overwhelming range of stats for LBs, but Konar missed 23% of his tackle opportunities in last two seasons. Average for a LB is about 15%

Yeah but Nik on Twitter said he's a stud!! Dudes over hyped. Had a couple solid games and everyone was on his ****. He's a Special teamer on the bombers at most. Go play for regina 

41 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Doesn't really surprise me.  This seems like a rule that is destined to be taken advantage of by crafty teams.   How exactly they plan to prevent teams from having a Canadian player go down to an "injury" when they aren't really injured is going to be key. How badly injured to they need to be?  I would think that at the very least when an import vet comes in for an injured Canadian that player should not be allowed to re-enter the game and needs to miss the next game at the very least. 

How is it enforced?  Do we need to make officials jobs more complicated?  Do imports who qualify get a sticker on their helmet or what?

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Then Derek Taylor throws out this little stat...I don’t have an overwhelming range of stats for LBs, but Konar missed 23% of his tackle opportunities in last two seasons. Average for a LB is about 15%

Which doesn’t even factor in the tackles he can’t attenpt because of poor reads.  We’ve beat Edmonton several times by picking on that guy.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How is it enforced?  Do we need to make officials jobs more complicated?  Do imports who qualify get a sticker on their helmet or what?

The imports who qualify won't be the issue..  Its whether or not the Canadian starter is actually injured that's gonna be a problem. There's already issues where teams will fake injuries to get the bombers out of their hurry up offense. Now you can fake an injury to get another american starter.

7 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The imports who qualify won't be the issue..  Its whether or not the Canadian starter is actually injured that's gonna be a problem. There's already issues where teams will fake injuries to get the bombers out of their hurry up offense. Now you can fake an injury to get another american starter.

You think a Canadian is going to sign up to start and then fake an injury? Seems pretty gutless.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

You think a Canadian is going to sign up to start and then fake an injury? Seems pretty gutless.

Well imagine a scenario though where we are starting Jake Thomas and he comes out of the game with a minor injury and Drake Nevis goes in.  How eager will Bombers coaching staff be to re-insert Thomas back into the game?

29 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Well imagine a scenario though where we are starting Jake Thomas and he comes out of the game with a minor injury and Drake Nevis goes in.  How eager will Bombers coaching staff be to re-insert Thomas back into the game?

That's an interesting scenario. I am going to head out to the forest and consider it among the trees and wildlife. I'll get back to you with my conclusion when I return.