BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out

Mr Dee

44 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Can you elaborate on the 2nd and 3rd overall picks? Is there a trade or two I missed?

Montreal has no 1st rounder (used in a supplemental draft) so it would Toronto then us at #2 (via trade w/ BC at the last draft).

It gets complicated from there with 3 teams at 7-7 but if my understanding is correct, we'd actually pick 4th.  Hamilton picks 5th as they win the tiebreaker against both teams.  We win the tiebreaker with Edmonton due to points so they would pick 3rd.

Remaining games - 

Bombers - Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Calgary and Edmonton 

Edmonton - Saskatchewan, Ottawa, BC, Winnipeg 

BC - Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatchewan and Calgary 

Saskatchewan - Montreal, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary and BC

Lots of permutations with these Western matchups especially...

40 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Remaining games - 

Bombers - Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Calgary and Edmonton 

Edmonton - Saskatchewan, Ottawa, BC, Winnipeg 

BC - Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatchewan and Calgary 

Saskatchewan - Montreal, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary and BC

Lots of permutations with these Western matchups especially...

This is the time of year when football gets exciting.  Every game is huge, and every team is watching closely to see what the others are doing.  

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

This is the time of year when football gets exciting.  Every game is huge, and every team is watching closely to see what the others are doing.  

Intensity. Edmonton couldn't match ours, BC couldn't match Hamilton's, Toronto couldn't match Calgary's. Now we get to see which team(s) can bring it game after game. In our case, we can't afford a letdown.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont know. I would be very surprised if Wpg and Ssk didnt win more then 1 game down the stretch.

I sure as hell hope we can too.  Just saying teams crank it up this time of year. Montreal basically can't afford to lose another game, so it do or die for them today. Riders have to win to stick a nail in the coffin of the Eskimos.  we will see who wants it more.  I wouldn't look at the 4 games you have left and be overly confident you will win more than one if I was you.  Nichols has been bad for a long time and Harris looks wore out.   As far as the Riders, who knows. When a team has a shitty offense like we do it makes every game a adventure

24 minutes ago, J5V said:

Intensity. Edmonton couldn't match ours, BC couldn't match Hamilton's, Toronto couldn't match Calgary's. Now we get to see which team(s) can bring it game after game. In our case, we can't afford a letdown.

No one in the west can. Edmonton put themselves in a bad spot yesterday by mailing one in. Now they have the Bombers on their ass, and the Riders ahead of them. BC couldn't afford to blow it yesterday either, they put the Bombers in a good position. Calgary really is the only one in good shape

21 hours ago, Ripper said:

No one in the west can. Edmonton put themselves in a bad spot yesterday by mailing one in. Now they have the Bombers on their ass, and the Riders ahead of them. BC couldn't afford to blow it yesterday either, they put the Bombers in a good position. Calgary really is the only one in good shape

How did they mail it in?...Did Montreal mail in their loss too?...same with the leos?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

How did they mail it in?...Did Montreal mail in their loss too?...same with the leos?

The Bombers came on the field ready to play football. Intense and hungry.  The Esk's just showed up.  I don't know what they were thinking, but it wasn't football.  They got their asses kicked and I enjoyed it very very much. Made my weekend

SO every time a team loses it's a case of mailing it in?...that makes no sense...Is it not just a case of a team got beat by a better team/gameplan that certain day?

Having played personally...I have never came across an instance where collectively as a team we just "mailed it in"

And even in games at end of year where we sat starters, or in College where we played Sophmores and Juniors to protect the lineup come play-offs the team if anything played even harder and more intensely

22 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The Bombers came on the field ready to play football. Intense and hungry.  The Esk's just showed up.  I don't know what they were thinking, but it wasn't football.  They got their asses kicked and I enjoyed it very very much. Made my weekend

They certainly lost the physical battle, there....

12 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The Bombers showed some desperation. Haven't seen that in a few weeks. Was a good sign for you guys headed into the home stretch

The truth is, we can't afford a letdown. Would really like to see us run the table from here. 

Well I said in a different thread that if we got Nichols head back in place and played decent on offence we could go realistically 4-2 and possibly 5-1 in last 6 games..well we are halfway to that and if not for the Crapshow QB show in Banjo bowl could be 3-0 instead of 2-1

At worst I see us splitting our last 4..and running the table isnt out of question if that new scheme on defense is an actual thing and not just an aberration

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Well I said in a different thread that if we got Nichols head back in place and played decent on offence we could go realistically 4-2 and possibly 5-1 in last 6 games..well we are halfway to that and if not for the Crapshow QB show in Banjo bowl could be 3-0 instead of 2-1

At worst I see us splitting our last 4..and running the table isnt out of question if that new scheme on defense is an actual thing and not just an aberration

I remember you getting laughed at for saying 5 - 2 down the stretch. You still may but like you said, was that the real Bomber D or just a perfect storm of everything going their way and nothing happening for the Esks. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by pigseye
because

Crossover? Not yet...

Record         Opponents

Winnipeg -    8-7            vs Sask, bye, vs Calgary, at Edmonton 

BC Lions -     7-7            at Calgary, vs Edmonton, at Sask. vs Calgary 

Edmonton -    7-8           vs Ottawa, at BC, bye, vs Winnipeg, 

Something interesting to note... We have the second highest point differential in the league (+101) behind Calgary (+160) we have the highest scoring team in the league by far (466) which equals out to 31 points per game. One last thing to note. We’ve allowed 8 less points then the vaunted Saskatchewan Rough Rider defense. We’ve allowed 365 points while they’ve allowed 373. For the people who are so doom and gloom amongst a three game winning streak, take a second and look around the league. We had our mid season problems but I think we’re doing just fine, if anything we faced our adversity and we’re winnining when it counts. 

interesting note while watching the Edmonton offense yesterday (and several other games recently)... I said recently - as did many others - that's Edm's O was based solely on Reilly hucking it and hoping his receivers would make a play... suddenly Zylstra is gone, Walker is injured, Bowman of old is gone and teams focus on Williams... now the receivers are no longer making the 50/50 plays at a 90% quip and their offense falls off a cliff... can't say I'm too surprised...