Role of a CFL GM

Floyd

Just now, Goalie said:

Have found a few. JSK. Leggett. Alexander. Thompkins looks good. Jeffcoat. I liked Priester last game. 

Its not like they haven't found ppl. .

Its weird how this seems focused on the O... Our QB has been complete crap..

Bond, Fogg, Sayles, just no all stars yet, but they are working on it. 

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

To find a QB... None of these threads are posted if Nichols has been average even.. Hes been quite below average tho. 

Thats the bottom line in the CFL.. Your team basically is as good as your QB. Ours has been bad. 

The consensus appears to be that Nichols was brought back too soon. If true, who's fault is that, if anyone?

I actually don't think it's an injury with Nichols, I think it's Harris and Dressler more than anything else. It's no secret that those two guys are tailor made for the offense that Lapolice likes to run, and they have put some hard hard miles on Harris' body this year. I suspect that he is hurting but soldiering through it because that's the kind of player he is, and with Dressler out that's one less crutch in the offense. Lapolice of course has never been good at adjusting and adapting so without those guys being at 100% the offense is faltering, especially when teams know that taking away Harris is priorities 1-6 in their defensive game plan. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I actually don't think it's an injury with Nichols, I think it's Harris and Dressler more than anything else. It's no secret that those two guys are tailor made for the offense that Lapolice likes to run, and they have put some hard hard miles on Harris' body this year. I suspect that he is hurting but soldiering through it because that's the kind of player he is, and with Dressler out that's one less crutch in the offense. Lapolice of course has never been good at adjusting and adapting so without those guys being at 100% the offense is faltering, especially when teams know that taking away Harris is priorities 1-6 in their defensive game plan. 

I don't see how Nichols missing wide open guys is because of Dressler... also Harris running for 150 is a guy slowing down and worn out?   

I see wide open players in w hich Nichols does not see and/or is not hitting them on target.   

No idea how this is Lapo's fault?

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see how Nichols missing wide open guys is because of Dressler... also Harris running for 150 is a guy slowing down and worn out?   

I see wide open players in w hich Nichols does not see and/or is not hitting them on target.   

Two things that are on Lapo: 

1. They run a lot of short patterns, resulting in multiple receivers in the same zone 

2. Receivers are often stationary when the ball arrives - it’s really odd how often that happens

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You're right Nichols missing open targets is not Lapo's fault but with Dressler out and Harris spent that limits Lapos chosen scheme and it may be that he is not adjusting his scheme well enough for Dresslers replacement and tailback options other than Harris.

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

How often does Nichols miss open targets? Honest question. 

Can't comment aside from the Ottawa game I went to.   He had wide open guys and did not look to them and ended up tossing into double coverage.    

The 5 int's from last game clearly shows that he is missing by quite a bit!

17 hours ago, J5V said:

The consensus appears to be that Nichols was brought back too soon. If true, who's fault is that, if anyone?

Consensus? Really... You think legit Drs brought him back 2 soon and thats why he sucks now? I dont think so. 

Somebody a bit ago said it best.. Nichols is trying to be Reilly this year but is turning quickly in to Willy instead. 

He threw 5 picks last game in 1 half.. A couple negated due to penalty but 5 picks to me suggests his problems are mental... Hes got that deer in headlights happy feet thing going on.

Edited by Goalie

16 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You're right Nichols missing open targets is not Lapo's fault but with Dressler out and Harris spent that limits Lapos chosen scheme and it may be that he is not adjusting his scheme well enough for Dresslers replacement and tailback options other than Harris.

Nichols sucked when Dressler wasnt hurt and Harris was going beast mode. 

Fact is.. He throws for roughly 200 or less yards a game and has since hes been back. Zero 300 yard passing games.. 11 Tds 12 Ints on the year... He has thrown for roughly 1900 yards this season... Thats legit like 200 on avg per game. 

Edited by Goalie