Game Day Thread - Banjo Bowl

BigBlue

5 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

lol.... ummm... Ottawa didn't exist and won a Grey Cup 3 years later.

The expansion draft was set up for them to be successful & they started from zero with the cap. They had no constraints at all where to spend their money. It's harder to maintain the team they have now than to build that expansion team. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

was Nelson available??  if we missed that boat on him, that's an epic failure on Walters not pushing O'Shea to move on

The guy took a demotion to LB coach when Ottawa brought in Thorpe...  unless he's madly in love with the City of Ottawa...

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The expansion draft was set up for them to be successful & they started from zero with the cap. They had no constraints at all where to spend their money. It's harder to maintain the team they have now than to build that expansion team. 

I don't fully agree...  2015 RedBlacks was a very good example of recruiting good assistants - Jason Maas and Mark Nelson - BOTH of these guys I had REALLY hoped the Bombers would recruit - even Maas as HC actually was my preferred choice back then...

He might be a psychopath but Maas was truly the difference maker that year

Nelson's LB core that year was garbage but he made them look great

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nelson’s been available every year for the last 30 other than the 4 seasons he’s been a DC in his life.

had to look this up, and no, not true... he's been toiling around the last 10 years in the CFL, employed every year.  Interesting, and did not realize this.  He was actually our DC in 2009 under Mike Kelly.  Understandably, the brass blew up that coaching staff completely wanting nothing to do with Mike Kelly's people... but he's been in the league ever since after spending the prior 12 years with a variety of College teams. 

the 4 years now he's spent in Ottawa, is the longest he's ever stuck with one team.

Just returned from first trip and game to IGF- Want to thank Winnipeg and BB fans for a fun weekend and great game experience 

And I'd be saying that even if the score hadn't favored my riders - won't disagree that for the second game in a row we had no business even being in the game after first half

The game day experience at IGF is fantastic- 

I'll have a couple suggestions for Mosaic that they could mirror from IGF 

And when you guys go- it is seriously loud

Also need to give shout out to Santa Lucia pizza- great pizza and they were willing to deliver to a motorhome " in some parking lot near IGF and we're calling from a cell phone with a 403 area code"

Anyway, before I delete this account, let me say that two families of Rider season ticket holders are planning to make this trip an annual tradition