Game Day Thread - Banjo Bowl

BigBlue

9 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Obviously it's a team game and lots went into the past two weeks, but the difference between the teams was that we spotted them a Matt Nichols.

Rider fans were cheering Matt Nichols and when he threw INTs were then turning to Bomber fans in the stands looking for high fives. What a horrible experience for Bomber fans. No wonder they're pissed.

12 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Obviously it's a team game and lots went into the past two weeks, but the difference between the teams was that we spotted them a Matt Nichols.

Our coaches did. Most fans wanted Streveler to start.

Everything about this game made no sense. The play in this game was undisciplined with ridiculous outcomes. There was times this game felt like it was in the Twighlight Zone. I’ve never seen such an unorthodox combat between the Bombers and the Riders like we did today. 

I don’t like the name Banjo Bowl as it dissrespects everyone involved. Yet this is the1st time the name of the game matched the play of the game. 

I felt that even the officiating was way off today for both teams. 

I’m not sure where either team goes from here. What’s going to happen behind the Bombers centre going forward? How can the Riders continue kicking field goals and relying on their defence.  

It is a very weird year in the West  

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Man what it would be to have this community together having these discussions over some beer (wine in my case). Misery would love some company. I wonder if certain personalities here would be the same in person as they demonstrate online. :)

It's easy to talk tough behind a keyboard but some of us are big, mature men who, when in the presence of others, are referred to as "sir". 🙂

1 minute ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Everything about this game made no sense. The play in this game was undisciplined with ridiculous outcomes. There was times this game felt like it was in the Twighlight Zone. I’ve never seen such an unorthodox combat between the Bombers and the Riders like we did today. 

I don’t like the name Banjo Bowl as it dissrespects everyone involved. Yet this is the1st time the name of the game matched the play of the game. 

I felt that even the officiating was way off today for both teams. 

I’m not sure where either team goes from here. What’s going to happen behind the Bombers centre going forward? How can the Riders continue kicking field goals and relying on their defence.  

It is a very weird year in the West  

Well, it's too bad you don't like the name. Oh well.  

3 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Hey, I know we’re officially only allowed on this board to criticize Nichols, O’Shea, Hall or Lapo ... but, anyone else think Bighill should maybe be making more big plays? Eguavoen was an absolute beast for SK. Just wondering 

Loved his fumble recovery. I dunno, a lot of it might be the scheme. I was far more disappointed with Loffler today.

Just now, J5V said:

Loved his fumble recovery. I dunno, a lot of it might be the scheme. I was far more disappointed with Loffler today.

True. And I agree Loffler has not been the player we once knew. I love Bighill, but my expectations for him are difference maker, big play maker every single game. He’s that talented. He’s not an A gap filler like Hurl. 

3 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

True. And I agree Loffler has not been the player we once knew. I love Bighill, but my expectations for him are difference maker, big play maker every single game. He’s that talented. He’s not an A gap filler like Hurl. 

The changes in the rules has completely taken Loffler out of the game. 

The smell of manure was wafting strongly into the stadium grandstands today, which appropriately added to the overall ambience. At first we thought it was just the Sask fans who brought it with them but no, it was permeating around the Bombers. One highlight was that some of the Jets were there: Nik Ehlers, Adam Lowry and Andrew Copp. After Nichols threw his second I/C (or was it his fifth?) a few of my seatmates were calling for Copp to go in as QB - apparently he was a hell of a high school quarterback at Michigan. It was fun to see Ehlers throwing those little souvenir smurf footballs into the stands to fans however. I guess at $6M/year he earns more than the entire Blue Bombers roster :)