Winnipeg 5-5 @ Regina 5-4 Game Day

Mr Dee

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Back to back sacks from 3 man pressure - that’s on the OL. 

Beg to differ.  The first two sacks on 3 man rushes Nichols has to get rid of the ball or scramble out, tons of room to scramble out of the pocket and let the receivers work back to him.  3rd one both tackles got beat and Nichols didn't have much time.

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Back to back sacks from 3 man pressure - that’s on the OL. 

Yeah, last series was on the OL.

It does appear Lapolice has trouble scheming receivers open outside of play action though.  Notice both TD passes today came off of play action and it's why I was raving that he needed to use it last week.

All in all though, if you had told me we'd be up 17-14 at halftime in this one, I'd have been ecstatic to see that.

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

It does appear Lapolice has trouble scheming receivers open outside of play action though.  Notice both TD passes today came off of play action and it's why I was raving that he needed to use it last week.

All in all though, if you had told me we'd be up 17-14 at halftime in this one, I'd have been ecstatic to see that.

And that the Riders O would do almost nothing. Very tight coverage on the replays. 

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Looks to me like Lapo's script today is mostly based on beating the blitz, and it worked on the first number of drives.  Sask has adjusted to 3 man rush with a spy and 8 in coverage.  Sask is barely even disguising the 3 man rush, their guys are all dropped out pre-snap.  I'd give Nichols audibles to runs for those situations, let Harris run downhill at the Sask guys trying to come up out of coverage.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Beg to differ.  The first two sacks on 3 man rushes Nichols has to get rid of the ball or scramble out, tons of room to scramble out of the pocket and let the receivers work back to him.  3rd one both tackles got beat and Nichols didn't have much time.

Fair - but you still expect better protection when the DC drops almost everyone into coverage. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Looks to me like Lapo's script today is mostly based on beating the blitz, and it worked on the first number of drives.  Sask has adjusted to 3 man rush with a spy and 8 in coverage.  Sask is barely even disguising the 3 man rush, their guys are all dropped out pre-snap.  I'd give Nichols audibles to runs for those situations, let Harris run downhill at the Sask guys trying to come up out of coverage.

Seems like a relatively simply adjustment...