Geoff Gray Roster Projection-Cleveland

Westman Rob

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

why trade him?..Local guy..probable 8-10 year mainstay on your line...foolish

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-happy-to-keep-waiting-on-first-round-pick-geoff-gray

You wanna break the bank for him?

“If and when Geoff Gray comes back, he’s had one, two or three years of training as an offensive lineman with the NFL,” Walters said. “He’s gonna come back big and strong and more pro ready than he was. The caveat to that is you’re going to have to pay for that. You’re not going to get Geoff Gray at his eighth-overall pick salary, you’re going to get him at three years in the NFL salary. That’s the give and take of it.” ~ Kyle Walters

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We all live in hope of a better day to come.

Those of us that are left. We've lost a lot of hopeful fans in the last 28 years and you and I ain't getting any younger.

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

Coming up and playing in the CFL would be a good career more, having the dream of getting onto a NFL roster would be better for his pocket book but it hasn't worked out that way so far and may never.

Question is, does Gray want to establish a storied football career he can be proud of or does he want to toil in obscurity chasing a rabbit he might never catch and retire anonymously like Bilikudi and Mulamba did?

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Question is, does Gray want to establish a storied football career he can be proud of or does he want to toil in obscurity chasing a rabbit he might never catch and retire anonymously like Bilikudi and Mulamba did?

Some of these guys don't want to give up on the dream of playing in the NFL, when in reality they really don't belong there, no shame playing in the CFL making a really good living and having a great career, not that my opinion matters to Gray or any other player in his situation but I know what I would do.

23 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That’s a great question. Better chance of accolades in the CFL (all star, awards) than if you’re a fringe NFL’er. But, maybe it’s a money question too. An agent may crunch the numbers and if you can make the 53 man roster in the NFL for say 4 years, at the minimum salary, you probably net more $ than an 8 year CFL starter. That said, I really think he should come back soon. Don’t think he’s NFL material, but would be great here

38 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You're not the 'next man up' if you're not there...

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-happy-to-keep-waiting-on-first-round-pick-geoff-gray

You wanna break the bank for him?

“If and when Geoff Gray comes back, he’s had one, two or three years of training as an offensive lineman with the NFL,” Walters said. “He’s gonna come back big and strong and more pro ready than he was. The caveat to that is you’re going to have to pay for that. You’re not going to get Geoff Gray at his eighth-overall pick salary, you’re going to get him at three years in the NFL salary. That’s the give and take of it.” ~ Kyle Walters

Yes. This is the kind of guy you break the bank for. Drop a imp DE, drop wild, lots of places to save money. Flip loffler to another team, slide mo to S, play fenner at sam start gray. 

Does he start right away? I mean with hardrick out and the OL struggling last week its a good time to slip him in. Idk if we do though. I could see our management easing him in over a few weeks.