Geoff Gray Roster Projection-Cleveland

Westman Rob

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Not projected to make the active roster.  He might make the PR though.

He'll probably get lots of advice about what to do. 

I wonder what Wylie will say to him... Go home, carve out a great CFL career? Or, stick around and try to get on the roster? 

An article I read this morning also projects him missing the cut but it also suggests the Browns are trying to hide him (and a couple others) from other teams so that they'll be able to stick around on the PR.  That theory makes some sense since he's had very little playing time even though their 1st stringer went down with injury for a while and there was only one other RG ahead of him on the depth chart. 

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

An article I read this morning also projects him missing the cut but it also suggests the Browns are trying to hide him (and a couple others) from other teams so that they'll be able to stick around on the PR.  That theory makes some sense since he's had very little playing time even though their 1st stringer went down with injury for a while and there was only one other RG ahead of him on the depth chart. 

Spit. We're in good shape for NI O-linemen but he certainly would be welcome here.

8 hours ago, JCon said:

He'll probably get lots of advice about what to do. 

I wonder what Wylie will say to him... Go home, carve out a great CFL career? Or, stick around and try to get on the roster? 

Most every one will say stick it out a year. Wylie is a great OL coach to learn under. No doubt he can improve a lot from a year of scout team / pr and working with wylie in the nfl. 

5 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Okay thanks years ago I knew it was 5k/week, nice to see they got a raise. So my calculator tells me that's $121,600 USD. That's more money than he'll make for years in Canada.

I think that’s for only the 17 weeks of the season and playoffs.

4 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Okay thanks years ago I knew it was 5k/week, nice to see they got a raise. So my calculator tells me that's $121,600 USD. That's more money than he'll make for years in Canada.

Just went up for this year or last year iirc. I could see him coming in and getting 100k ish as a guy who can start right now (faith was getting 88k ish) But yeah US dollar, im not sure how they tax earnings but it could end up lower, and also a chance at getting the active roster money or the pension after a while. The nfl pension is nothing to sneeze at. 

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

well...see how this pans out now...is he willing to bounce around..or want to start a career here making most likely 100k to start 

I don't really see him bouncing finding a new home in the NFL at this time. He was cut a week early and every year there's a new college crop fighting it out for roster spots. Would be great to have a guy like this actually come to the bombers after having been drafted. Typically we never see the players we draft who go to the NFL.

that's the thing..I think for NFL standards he is a bit to raw/inexperienced and would rather put time into guys with a bit better university training (NCAA) so coming north while still young with a good chance to get 2-3 good years of film/experience would maybe get him another look then...that be the smart move

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Coming up and playing in the CFL would be a good career more, having the dream of getting onto a NFL roster would be better for his pocket book but it hasn't worked out that way so far and may never.

And if he comes to the CFL and becomes dominant you can make pretty decent coin at that position as a Canadian.

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

that's the thing..I think for NFL standards he is a bit to raw/inexperienced and would rather put time into guys with a bit better university training (NCAA) so coming north while still young with a good chance to get 2-3 good years of film/experience would maybe get him another look then...that be the smart move

And that path has been travelled a couple times this decade.

Gray could probably command high six figures total compensation including incentives from the Bombers.