Geoff Gray Roster Projection-Cleveland

Westman Rob

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Some of these guys don't want to give up on the dream of playing in the NFL, when in reality they really don't belong there, no shame playing in the CFL making a really good living and having a great career, not that my opinion matters to Gray or any other player in his situation but I know what I would do.

Gray,  iirc, said he never had that NFL dream because he never thought it was a possibility until a couple years ago so he might not be one of those types of guys.

I could see him coming up here sooner rather than later but would not fault him for exhausting all his NFL opportunities before doing so.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yes. This is the kind of guy you break the bank for. Drop a imp DE, drop wild, lots of places to save money. Flip loffler to another team, slide mo to S, play fenner at sam start gray. 

Does he start right away? I mean with hardrick out and the OL struggling last week its a good time to slip him in. Idk if we do though. I could see our management easing him in over a few weeks. 

Is he seriously good enough to replace Hardrick right out of the blocks?  I kind of doubt it, I think it would take him a good year of playing experience to begin to match the skill level of a vet. import O.T. even if he has all of the physical tools to excel.

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

An interior line of Goossen, Chung and Gray whats not to like.

Geoff struggles on the left side - he would have to take over for Chung, or more likely Hardrick.

It would sure be nice to have a Travis Bond type of player to insert at LG in that scenario though. 

Edited by Blueandgold

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Geoff struggles on the left side - he would have to take over for Chung, or more likely Hardrick.

It would sure be nice to have a Travis Bond type of player to insert at LG in that scenario though. 

How do you know that for certain...I believe he was getting looks at left guard in camp...so he may have improved those struggles

3 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

1. Do we need him this year?

2. Whose roster spot would he take, if he came here?

-He would be nice for the future, assuming we could then start 4 Canadians.

Gray would step in at RT quite easily I think...  just seems like a guy who can learn on the fly and excel quite quickly

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Gray would step in at RT quite easily I think...  just seems like a guy who can learn on the fly and excel quite quickly

Talent-wise, maybe. But what about oline cohesion? I've been led to believe that cohesion is just as important to an oline as raw talent. 

On 2018-08-29 at 12:16 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Is he seriously good enough to replace Hardrick right out of the blocks?  I kind of doubt it, I think it would take him a good year of playing experience to begin to match the skill level of a vet. import O.T. even if he has all of the physical tools to excel.

he isnt going to be hardrick 2.0 instantly no. 

22 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yeah I wouldn't replace Hardrick...  but Foketi - in a heartbeat.

this. with a healthy hardrick he would also supplant neufeld instantly.