Any Changes For The Blue?

blueingreenland

The type of cuts we will probably bring in (cfl rookies) often take a little bit longer to come down. Around the league weve seen a couple guys come back from Nfl try outs who have been up here and had an impact. Those guys seem imo to be less likely to sit on the couch waiting for an nfl team to call. They understand the best chance to get back to the nfl after a TC is to play up here. Once youre more then like 2 years out of college your chances of getting picked up after camp / late camp drop a lot. Especially if you dont have any tape. 

It seems like our modus operandi is when the nfl camps close, prs expand we bring in a bunch of raw young guys for looks. We dont really seem to air lift guys in to come and play. Its like early auditions for camp next year. If some one comes in and plays like poop or jeffcoat in practice they will probably get a look if the roster presents a chance. But short of that (and that is exceedingly rare) a cfl rookie isnt likely to be air lifted and play past the mid way point. 

The no contact practices could hurt those guys too. When the PR expands and teams cycle in young talent from down south itll be a lot harder to evaluate them with out practice reps. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Well last i checked we dont have anyone on a NFL tryout.. Seems most CFL guys just sign back with their old team... If Mulumba signs... Thats cool. If not, i wouldn't expect much at all. 

Yeah, and only kind of with guys like mulumba/gra vs the guys that have been trickling back the last couple weeks to other teams. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Was he cut? With wild out I would certianly take him back in that spot. 

Too bad Khalil wasn't a DB.  A couple more dBs of Bass and we'd guarantee IGF the title of loudest stadium. 

Honestly, I'm still impressed by how much I saw Khalil's Dad in the stands for most of the games.  It's like the first chapter of California fan base  (before Scott and Gregory  Mortland ).