What will be different in the Banjo Bowl?

BigBlue

Regina got two big plays in a row in Q1 in the LDC .... and we didn't really recover .... let ourselves get overwhelmed in their momentum ... it ain't gonna happen like that again .... but we have to change .... rinse and repeat won't do .... and it won't be good enough to just show up:

So what has to change to turn the tide?

5 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

For all the dooms day talk over here, the Riders scored exactly 3 points in the second half. 

Our D actually played really well, most of our wounds were self inflicted by the Offence.

The D didn't play well early on. The first quarter was a disaster across the board. The Bombers played roughly a half of good football, which won't do on Labour Day Sunday.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The D didn't play well early on. The first quarter was a disaster across the board. The Bombers played roughly a half of good football, which won't do on Labour Day Sunday.

They didn't play good, but they weren't horrible. 14 points were off of that terrible Nichols pick 6 and that Demski return.

After the Riders hot start Winnipeg actually played a decent game.  Under normal circumstances a couple of the turnovers deep would have been field goals had they not been playing from behind. The key will be to not allow the riders to swarm the bombers in the first quarter.  We have the advantage here since we will adapt to what the riders were doing that worked against us.  It's not incoming in the cfl for teams to get streaky and then plummet. Winnipeg was the team to stop Edmonton and then they were exposed and got cold pretty quick.  Hopefully we can do the same to the Riders this week.

I didnt think the game was that bad after the first quarter - it was just too big a hole to dig out of - especially when the home team steals momentum so quickly on an annual rivalry game. Would have liked to see the riders legitimately defend against a hurry up offence rather than pull a ***** card out of their back pocket, but I guess thats just a chris jones team. 

Ill be at the Banjo Bowl, round 2 will be better

I honestly believe that, had we been able to run Cheetah as we normally would have, we might have come back in that game.........we played a lot better in the second half, and after an abortion of a 1st Q, still nearly made it back.......

Just now, Judd said:

cameron marshall and nic demski are both out for the next game. That's a big blow to them 

any word on their OT that went down as well?  Seems like he had been part of the reason for Glenn's survivablity up to this point...

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

For all the dooms day talk over here, the Riders scored exactly 3 points in the second half. 

Our D actually played really well, most of our wounds were self inflicted by the Offence.

Respectfully  disagree, all facets of our game inflicted wounds throughout the game, some deeper than others but still hurt.

This loss can not pinned  only on our offense.  All three phases of our game takes this loss. 

That said, we'll clean things up and even this series.  I enjoy Carter's not so happy look over his happy look.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

The OT was Brendon Labatte, correct?

No, it was an american that just joined the team 2-3 games ago apparently.  didn't catch his name.. Labatte going down.. again.. wouldn't be surprising tho. may not have been out very long.. I kind of glazed over after the first half.. 

Edited by SPuDS

16 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

There has always been a hate on for Glenn, but every time we play against him, he picks us apart, so stopping Glenn is big on the must dos for next game.

Not quite true.  I watched our D-Line crush him one time when he played for BC.  A few hits early on and Glenn went into full turtle mode, before being replaced by some guy named John Beck.  We won that game 23-6.

20 hours ago, Judd said:

cameron marshall and nic demski are both out for the next game. That's a big blow to them 

Does not really matter - Looks like Holly will be in for Demski and give them yet more weapons against the Richie Hall Bend Bend and then Break Defense. I think the change actually makes the Riders stronger.