Beasts and Bums

Guest J5V

Suber is a bum when he had a damned good game? Did you notice Dressler doing anything today? That's cause Suber was doing his thing. He's had a real tough year to be sure but today he was real good. 

The secondary was okay because Durant was under so much pressure. I can't honestly think of a single play Suber made today that warranted any praise. What I don't like about him is how he seems to arrive late and then pile-on head-first just to make his hair extensions flop around. He might think it looks cool but I think it looks ridiculous.

Then try harder. I can think of two late in the 4th quarter where they tried to get Dressler the ball and Suber was there in good coverage to break it up. I can think of one where the receiver had to knock the ball away from him to prevent a pick, I can think of a knockdown... Suber was good today to suggest otherwise is just ignorance. 

The front line was good today. To suggest otherwise is just ignorance. Sheesh. Do you really think Durant tested him today? He's been getting lit up all year. I maintain that it was the pressure our front line put on Durant that helped Suber today, not anything special Suber was doing. Let's just hope that our D can put in that kind of performance the rest of the way or else Suber will revert to the form he's been showing all year.

Suber is a bum when he had a damned good game? Did you notice Dressler doing anything today? That's cause Suber was doing his thing. He's had a real tough year to be sure but today he was real good. 

The secondary was okay because Durant was under so much pressure. I can't honestly think of a single play Suber made today that warranted any praise. What I don't like about him is how he seems to arrive late and then pile-on head-first just to make his hair extensions flop around. He might think it looks cool but I think it looks ridiculous.

Then try harder. I can think of two late in the 4th quarter where they tried to get Dressler the ball and Suber was there in good coverage to break it up. I can think of one where the receiver had to knock the ball away from him to prevent a pick, I can think of a knockdown... Suber was good today to suggest otherwise is just ignorance. 

The front line was good today. To suggest otherwise is just ignorance. Sheesh. Do you really think Durant tested him today? He's been getting lit up all year. I maintain that it was the pressure our front line put on Durant that helped Suber today, not anything special Suber was doing. Let's just hope that our D can put in that kind of performance the rest of the way or else Suber will revert to the form he's been showing all year.

Bryant Turner after the game: "The DBs covered their butts off today. Every sack is accountable to the DBs because they didn't give up nothing today. I love 'em. I love 'em."

See, it goes both ways. The secondary helps give the line more time to get the sack. The line playing strong helps the QB rush throws giving the secondary better positioning, etc. A defensive effort like this is definitely across the board.

Too bad our defence did not play like this all year! If they had we probably would have had at least a couple more wins. Why not be more aggressive with blitzes? we're losing with a 4 man rush, so why is the coaching staff not able to figure out that what we we're doing was not working. I'm just hoping that we will not revert to the passive type of defence we were playing! Go for it! I'm still thinking though that Burke's personality and projected onto Crehan, makes them coach scared.

I think it's pretty obvious that we have not yet found our franchise QB. Goltz can run, but that's just about it. keep him as a backup though for red zone runs, and to see if there is anyway we can make him more accurate. Not good for the receivers to have to climb the ladder and leave themselves exposed, or be down in the dirt to catch his passes, that is if he is not throwing directly to the opposition. On second thought make him a receiver!

Defence won the game for us, all of them! some more than others.

Would really like to be able to see the new Qb's perform. 

I specifically remember two beautiful plays in coverage that Suber made to break up completions. Normally if you don't notice a DB, it's a good thing but those two plays stood out to me for sure.

Both to Dressler I believe.  Suber got his head around to find the ball .. and was playing really tight on the receiver.  Dressler, on one play, had to pull Suber down with him to prevent an interception.   It was a good game by the defense.  Everyone stepped up and played hard.

You can't say that the lack of blitzing was Burke projected on to Creehan. The defense yesterday was more like the Swaggerville D we had when Burke was calling the D.

If I didn't know better, I would say that Burke was calling the defensive game yesterday instead of Creehan.

You can't say that the lack of blitzing was Burke projected on to Creehan. The defense yesterday was more like the Swaggerville D we had when Burke was calling the D.

If I didn't know better, I would say that Burke was calling the defensive game yesterday instead of Creehan.

You can definitely tell when Burke is hands on with the defense .. BC was another example of that .. very much prefer the display yesterday to the soft zone, no rush of the last few weeks.

And that makes you a fool. If you can't see that the dbs played a heck of game in addition to the d-line getting at on of pressure you're hopeless. You see a lot of the times this year when people have been screaming at a lack of pressure it's not really a lack of pressure, it's a lack of coverage giving qbs targets before the rush can get there, not today. The dbs didn't give up much of anything. The only effective play the riders offense had was durant scrambling because the coverage was there, especially by Suber who had a heck of a game that everyone except you seems to have seen. 

Love how Markett came in untouched on the delayed blitz and got his own QB kill.  He played with some fire.

Oh and Ian Wild is some kind of player.  He deserves a shout out.

Markett has got speed to burn. I'm not sure if he's ready to be a full-time starter just yet, but wow does he have wheels.

Ian Wild got big-time credit for being a monster player on twitter by the guy who used to run that spot - Marcellus Bowman. That is high praise.

Ian Wild got big-time credit for being a monster player on twitter by the guy who used to run that spot - Marcellus Bowman. That is high praise.

Wild is just one of those guy who is always in there where the ball is. Lotta hustle, lot of effort, every team needs a bunch of players like that. That sack he got on Durant was a thing of beauty. Really made sure that Durant felt that one for the rest of the game. 

And that makes you a fool. If you can't see that the dbs played a heck of game in addition to the d-line getting at on of pressure you're hopeless. You see a lot of the times this year when people have been screaming at a lack of pressure it's not really a lack of pressure, it's a lack of coverage giving qbs targets before the rush can get there, not today. The dbs didn't give up much of anything. The only effective play the riders offense had was durant scrambling because the coverage was there, especially by Suber who had a heck of a game that everyone except you seems to have seen. 

I'm not going to get into name-calling with you just because we disagree, it's too childish. Too bad. I used to enjoy posting here.

I'm not going to get into name-calling with you just because we disagree, it's too childish. Too bad. I used to enjoy posting here.

Disagree all you like but when you say flat out wrong things and then try and back them up damn rights I'm going to call you a fool, if you can't handle that then maybe posting your opinions publicly isn't for you in the first place. 

Suber had a decent game - was clearly beat by Dressler early but got his stride later - neither a beast or a bum.

The entire DL should be beasts, I actually thought Hall was the weakest link out there yesterday and that is saying something.

I would reluctantly add Kohlert to the bum category.

Labbe was only a beast after he missed his first assignments...  we are letting on fumble skew his performance.

Cauchy needs to go - backup, maybe career STer

DelMonaco needs to be fired... a long time ago.

Wild and Washington really hitting their stride, still think BStew has a nagging injury since game one - something is not right with him.

Disagree all you like but when you say flat out wrong things and then try and back them up damn rights I'm going to call you a fool, if you can't handle that then maybe posting your opinions publicly isn't for you in the first place. 

I see this all the time on Internet discussion forums. Maybe you're too immature to realize it but when a discussion forum degenerates into name-calling just because of differing opinions it ceases to be a discussion forum. It becomes a cesspool. If that's what you want, knock yourself out, but I'll pass.

I see this all the time on Internet discussion forums. Maybe you're too immature to realize it but when a discussion forum degenerates into name-calling just because of differing opinions it ceases to be a discussion forum. It becomes a cesspool. If that's what you want, knock yourself out, but I'll pass.

better a cesspool than people are running around spewing nonsense ideas without anything to back them up. You don't want to be called a fool stop saying foolish things like Suber was a bum in that game.