Canadian Politics

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Wilful ignorance is my best guess.

No ignorance whatsoever. Just don't have blinders on. 

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It's not about any of these issues for some of the F Trudeau crowd.

It's about things some won't directly say out loud in how they really feel.

What a crock. Typical BS. If you don't like Trudeau or his policies you have a hidden agenda? That's moronic.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

echo of The Governor of South Carolina, several days ago. "he was just joking"

McMaster made the shocking remark Saturday during a convention in Lexington, South Carolina, for the state GOP. “I look forward to the day that Democrats are so rare, we have to hunt them with dogs,” he told a crowd of party members.

Posted in the wrong thread.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Baloney, I watched a 45 minute refusal this week to answer the question " how much per year is interest on our national debt". A fair and legitimate question by any standard. Met with an absolute non-sensical 45 minute dance around by the Liberals. The week before I watched Freeland refuse to answer what the average cost of housing is in the country right now. Yes there are questions such as the ones you've listed but the Liberals absolutely REFUSE to answer ANY questions even those that are legitimate and with merit. It's a farce, and they are making a mockery of parliament. I guess even they themselves know that they have made a mess of the economy.

Roast beef.

I try to watch a couple of times every week.  Yes, there is some dancing around the questions, but there are also answers such as:

We have the best debt to GDP ratio in the G7

We are helping Canadians with various rebates

etc. etc. etc.

Both sides are playing the politics game.  

The one MP who asks good questions and makes good points on a regular basis - would be Daniel Blaikie of the NDP

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

TIL food insecurity, housing costs, and suicide rates on reserves are because of Justin Trudeau.

Tell me who is responsible to mitigate these problems? Free pass to Trudeau....it's the world's fault. Such a stupid refrain all the time.

Just now, Mark H. said:

I try to watch a couple of times every week.  Yes, there is some dancing around the questions, but there are also answers such as:

We have the best debt to GDP ratio in the G7

We are helping Canadians with various rebates

etc. etc. etc.

Both sides are playing the politics game.  

The one MP who asks good questions and makes good points on a regular basis - would be Daniel Blaikie of the NDP

Yet he and the NDP have openly complained that Liberals refuse to answer questions too.

58 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup, hiding behind labels then when called on it cries victim, mocks and hurls insults with ALL CAPS.

Here we go with the deflection tactics. Have no good answer for the criticisms then hurl accusations and insults at those who criticize. At this point it's all the Liberal supporters have I guess.

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

He did say "some" not all... and he's right... to the very loud minority, it is.

Nothing moronic about that.

Some of the people criticizing Poilievre are every bit as guilty and it would be moronic to bring that up too, but fair enough I missed the 'some" in his post so I retract.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

Yes, they do and they are correct.  I did say 8 out of 10 questions are of the irrelevent variety, by the way, which I think is quite accurate

As it the case in the HOC since Christ was a Cowboy, but those 2 out of 10 questions that are legit and easy to answer should be answered. It's why we have a question period.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Tell me who is responsible to mitigate these problems? Free pass to Trudeau....it's the world's fault. Such a stupid refrain all the time.

How is that a free pass to trudeau?

Those issues were here long before him...

Is his government solving all these issues? No. They could do better.

But to blame Trudeau for this... thats bananas.

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

How is that a free pass to trudeau?

Those issues were here long before him...

Is his government solving all these issues? No. They could do better.

But to blame Trudeau for this... thats bananas.

I'm not blaming Trudeau for this, I'm blaming Trudeau for the level that it's at. There is a difference. Look, if they were running a balanced budget and these factors all still existed I could give him more of a pass. When you have doubled our national debt in 3 years, and have taken on unprecedented deficit spending for several years and these problems go unmitigated and are worsening....I'm sorry that is garbage governance.

Edited by GCn20

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It would have brought some trust back into the process. Johnston report didn't do that. It was obvious that this would be the outcome & now Johnston's reputation is shattered. He never should have taken the job. Who signed FIPA? Harper did. But this **** with China has been going on since the days of Jean Chretien back in the 90's. So, it's multiple PM's & govts. I think most Canadians are concerned for democracy in this country & want to know for sure what is going on. An enquiry would do that. 

In order for an inquiry to be of any value, it would have to disclose how CSIS conducts surveillance and gathers intel on not only Chinese activities but also on other foreign entities such as Xiaomi and, by extension, how it interacts with other Five Eyes agencies. Disclosure of this sort would destroy interagency relationships. Mr. PP can huff and puff and posture all he wants- he would have been told exactly this. 

Johnston's reputation remains intact so long as he does not act as a cats's paw for the Cons.

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

My points on defending sanity and not Trudeau or true liberal supporters gets proven over and over and again with predictable responses from some of the F Trudeau crowd.  

If you say so. It is not insane to criticize Trudeau no matter how much you would like to label it as being so which by the way is also a very predictable response. Don't like Trudeau you are a bigot or insane or any other gamut of ridiculousness you want to drag up. It's garbage.

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

In order for an inquiry to be of any value, it would have to disclose how CSIS conducts surveillance and gathers intel on not only Chinese activities but also on other foreign entities such as Xiaomi and, by extension, how it interacts with other Five Eyes agencies. Disclosure of this sort would destroy interagency relationships. Mr. PP can huff and puff and posture all he wants- he would have been told exactly this. 

Johnston's reputation remains intact so long as he does not act as a cats's paw for the Cons.

In order for an inquiry to have any value it only needs to be transparent and independant. It could be done behind closed doors for the sensitive parts of the inquiry. It's fiction that an inquiry can't be held and it is NOT just PP asking for one, it is ALL other parties in the House of Commons that represent and overwhelming majority of the voting public,. Johnston's reputation has taken a considerable hit with his decision in the eyes of the public, and the media. Don't believe me check out all the headlines in the newspapers today. Even the papers that tend to skew left are skewering him.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

These never-ending bad faith arguments are awfully tiresome and benefit no one.

Rationally, a single politician isn't responsible for all the problems a nation or its populace faces, either in terms of the quantity or the intensity. All levels of gov't presently in power are responsible; they should all be held accountable and reasonable criticism should be levied at our political representatives regardless of party. (To say nothing about profit-driven corporate interests that influence gov'ts and continue to get away with gouging us over necessities like food, housing, and energy. That's another discussion, though.)

Objectively, Canada doesn't exist in a vacuum; global issues affect this country the same as any other. The complex nature of geopolitics and socioeconomics on the world stage as it relates to our country's position both presently and historically means nobody gets a free pass. Those factors have influenced our nation since its very inception over a century and a half ago, so giving one individual currently holding political office a free pass is neither reasonable nor accurate.

You're the last person who should be deriding others about stupid refrains, BTW. You admitted a while ago you only troll this thread for "entertainment."

Do better.

24 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

These never-ending bad faith arguments are awfully tiresome and benefit no one.

Rationally, a single politician isn't responsible for all the problems a nation or its populace faces, either in terms of the quantity or the intensity. All levels of gov't presently in power are responsible; they should all be held accountable and reasonable criticism should be levied at our political representatives regardless of party. (To say nothing about profit-driven corporate interests that influence gov'ts and continue to get away with gouging us over necessities like food, housing, and energy. That's another discussion, though.)

Objectively, Canada doesn't exist in a vacuum; global issues affect this country the same as any other. The complex nature of geopolitics and socioeconomics on the world stage as it relates to our country's position both presently and historically means nobody gets a free pass. Those factors have influenced our nation since its very inception over a century and a half ago, so giving one individual currently holding political office a free pass is neither reasonable nor accurate.

You're the last person who should be deriding others about stupid refrains, BTW. You admitted a while ago you only troll this thread for "entertainment."

Do better.

Rationally, the leader of a party is responsible for the policies and governance of said party. Trudeau is the leader of the Liberal party of Canada which currently is our governing party. By all accounts, from it's own ex-members of caucus, all decisions made by this government go through the PMO.

Objectively: Global issues are only part of the equation in governance. One can be affected globally but still be domestically sound in it's governance. The Liberals use the global issues to attain a free pass to irresponsible domestic fiscal policy.

While I do admit that I come to this thread for entertainment and don't care a whole lot about federal politics in general because it is a quagmire of corruption from every party, I still maintain the privilege afforded to any in a political discussion to form and opinion and counter arguments made against that opinion.

I sure hope that when Poilievre is the PM in the next year, that you give him the same free pass based on globalism as you have Trudeau, but I highly doubt you will. The polls are changing and the CPC is beginning to pull away and its not a matter of if anymore it's a matter of when.

Do better yourself.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

As it the case in the HOC since Christ was a Cowboy, but those 2 out of 10 questions that are legit and easy to answer should be answered. It's why we have a question period.

Can you show an example of any person from any party just straight up answering a question in QP?

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I'm not blaming Trudeau for this, I'm blaming Trudeau for the level that it's at. There is a difference. Look, if they were doing the impossible and these factors all still existed I could give him more of a pass. When you have doubled our national debt in 3 years, and have taken on unprecedented deficit spending for several years and these problems go unmitigated and are worsening....I'm sorry that is garbage governance.

fixed that for you. Balanced budgets are an impossibility in todays world. Expecting them is like expecting expecting Noeller to fall in love with the riders.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Rationally, the leader of a party is responsible for the policies and governance of said party. Trudeau is the leader of the Liberal party of Canada which currently is our governing party. By all accounts, from it's own ex-members of caucus, all decisions made by this government go through the PMO.

Objectively: Global issues are only part of the equation in governance. One can be affected globally but still be domestically sound in it's governance. The Liberals use the global issues to attain a free pass to irresponsible domestic fiscal policy.

While I do admit that I come to this thread for entertainment and don't care a whole lot about federal politics in general because it is a quagmire of corruption from every party, I still maintain the privilege afforded to any in a political discussion to form and opinion and counter arguments made against that opinion.

I sure hope that when Poilievre is the PM in the next year, that you give him the same free pass based on globalism as you have Trudeau, but I highly doubt you will. The polls are changing and the CPC is beginning to pull away and its not a matter of if anymore it's a matter of when.

Do better yourself.

I for one will not. I WILL continue to say toldyaso though. Cause PP ain't fixing ****.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Can you show an example of any person from any party just straight up answering a question in QP?

fixed that for you. Balanced budgets are an impossibility in todays world. Expecting them is like expecting expecting Noeller to fall in love with the riders.

In the last 8 years I cannot think of an instance where the government has straight up answered a question in QP. You are right in that regard.

Balanced budgets are difficult but not impossible. Budgeting for them and not making them by a small amount was the norm right up to 2015. Certainly there are planned deficits...but nothing even remotely compares to what we are seeing right now.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I for one will not. I WILL continue to say toldyaso though. Cause PP ain't fixing ****.

Great, and so will I if he doesn't. I will stay consistent and not allow a government a free pass on that flimsy excuse.

Just now, GCn20 said:

In the last 8 years I cannot think of an instance where the government has straight up answered a question in QP. You are right in that regard.

Balanced budgets are difficult but not impossible. Budgeting for them and not making them by a small amount was the norm right up to 2015. Certainly there are planned deficits...but nothing even remotely compares to what we are seeing right now.

you're right...maybe I missspoke on them being impossible. The countries who have most recently ran a balanced federal budget are - - - - - - Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg and Germany. I look forward to the PP lead PC's adopting some of their governance policies...

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

you're right...maybe I missspoke on them being impossible. The countries who have most recently ran a balanced federal budget are - - - - - - Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg and Germany. I look forward to the PP lead PC's adopting some of their governance policies...

I doubt Poilievre balances the budget either, but I am quite sure he will reduce deficit spending dramatically and will not artificially prop up our economy by borrowing money at a rate that is unprecedented in our country's history.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

I doubt Poilievre balances the budget either, but I am quite sure he will reduce deficit spending dramatically.

yes, by cutting social programs that will no doubt have zero impact on the most disenfranchised in our society. BUT he's already said he'll be tough on crime...which we know works wonderfully.

It's not like we can see this coming. PP is so new to politics none of us really know what to expect from the guy.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

yes, by cutting social programs that will no doubt have zero impact on the most disenfranchised in our society. BUT he's already said he'll be tough on crime...which we know works wonderfully.

It's not like we can see this coming. PP is so new to politics none of us really know what to expect from the guy.

Cutting social programs maybe but he doesn't have to do so. Trudeau has quadrupled the national budget deficit, shouldn't be too hard to find some savings because you can't tell me all the money went to social programs because I am not seeing anything representing a rise in them that accounts for these deficits.

26 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Cutting social programs maybe but he doesn't have to do so. Trudeau has quadrupled the national budget deficit, shouldn't be too hard to find some savings because you can't tell me all the money went to social programs because I am not seeing anything representing a rise in them that accounts for these deficits.

I agree. Not all of it went to social programs. But that will be were PP gets his "savings". Book it.

I should clarify that I don't believe PP will stop the spending at all. It will likely even increase. But he will stop spending on social programs.

Edited by Bigblue204

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

You mean like Johnston did for the Trudeau Foundation & Chinese interference? No federal inquiry, he says. Looks like the "jig" is up... The independent rapprteur said so. Joke's on you, Canada. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

re Justin being born wealthy, and being spoiled.... probably not the case.

"Justin’s company, had assets worth $1,242,522 as of August 2011, according to a statement prepared by accounting firm BDO. 

Of this amount, $958,154 was held in short-term investments and $255,455 in cash. 

The Trudeaus are also beneficiaries of another numbered company that receives royalties from their father’s autobiography and other sources – about $10,000 a year, Trudeau estimates."

that was his inheritance.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/392961/justin-trudeau-reveals-details-of-his-1-2-million-inheritance/

good article with more i fo.

I lived through Pierre years. He did not seem like the type to spoil  his kids. seemed the opposite actually. 

I wish we had someone like Pierre Trudeau now. somebody with enough guts  to deal with these right wing liars. Pierre would have eaten the likes of polievre for breakfast.

Edited by Mark F