Canadian Politics

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The NDP has spent our province into disaster

No more than the PCs were, every government in this province relies on big money from oil and gas to balance the books, but with the price being low right now everyone was going to run big deficits. 

At least Notley is doing a good a job trying to get pipelines built. Jason Kenney and his "**** all y'all" attitude wouldn't be nearly as effective getting those things going. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

No more than the PCs were, every government in this province relies on big money from oil and gas to balance the books, but with the price being low right now everyone was going to run big deficits. 

At least Notley is doing a good a job trying to get pipelines built. Jason Kenney and his "**** all y'all" attitude wouldn't be nearly as effective getting those things going. 

Oh yeah, foist the carbon tax on us without telling us during the election.? "Social license" to build pipelines, was it? Sure, as soon as Green Peace found out we're paying a carbon tax they'll back off the pipeline protest.  

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Shut up - they raised my salary 

When it comes to talking about how much the NDP sucks I will never shut up. That being said if we had to have the NDP I would take Notley over the unelected dumpster fire of a government we have here in BC, that's for sure. We have the Montreal Alouettes front office of governments right now.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

When it comes to talking about how much the NDP sucks I will never shut up. That being said if we had to have the NDP I would take Notley over the unelected dumpster fire of a government we have here in BC, that's for sure. We have the Montreal Alouettes front office of governments right now.

Who was your last good government? 

48 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The Liberals weren't too bad. Other than bringing in a carbon tax I didn't have much of a beef with them. They were very friendly to the economy overall. Unlike the bozos we have now. 

Fair comment - that carbon tax though...

BC Liberals were an absolute disaster. Aside from the usual anti NDP bias from some I can't see how anyone would think their last few years in power were anything but a complete and utter shitshow. Political failure after political failure. Christy Clark must be one of the worst Premiers of recent history. Haven't followed our current government too closely, but Attorney General David Eby is doing a bang up job.

1 hour ago, yogi said:

BC Liberals were an absolute disaster. Aside from the usual anti NDP bias from some I can't see how anyone would think their last few years in power were anything but a complete and utter shitshow. Political failure after political failure. Christy Clark must be one of the worst Premiers of recent history. Haven't followed our current government too closely, but Attorney General David Eby is doing a bang up job.

Have you been living under a rock the past 13 months? Horgan is a disaster. 

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Have you been living under a rock the past 13 months? Horgan is a disaster. 

How so? I honestly haven't followed and don't give a **** about pipelines.

Edit: Just in case you're writing out a long reply, I generally avoid politics so I have no interest in having an internet argument, but would appreciate some bullet points from someone with a clearly different political viewpoint

Edited by yogi

14 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The Liberals weren't too bad. Other than bringing in a carbon tax I didn't have much of a beef with them. They were very friendly to the economy overall. Unlike the bozos we have now. 

Rescinding the HST was a colossal mistake that I will never forgive Christy Clark for allowing to happen.

The BC government under Horgan, the City of Burnaby& environmentalists backed by rich American interests  have all tried court challenges they know wouldn't be successful but yet they did it to try to force Kinder Morgan to stop building the pipeline because of endless delays. They know every court case will be thrown out yet there they are along with environmentalists taking court action.  Well, look what they've done. Now every Canadian owns a piece of that pipeline through our tax money being used to buy it by the Trudeau Liberals. Horgan has turned this into a circus. 17to85 is right they are ideologues.

11 hours ago, yogi said:

Lol ok that's quite a different perspective than mine. Eby is a moron who is deliberately trying to muddy the waters to push proportional representation through so that the NDP can try to hang onto power. And if the Liberals were so bad how come they keep winning elections? The bozos we have in power now aren't even governing with a mandate and that really grinds my gears.

This doesn't seem like good news...

CBC British ColumbiaVerified account @cbcnewsbc

In a stunning blow, the Federal Court of Appeals has quashed the government's approvals to build the Trans Mountain expansion project handing a major victory to Indigenous groups and environmentalists opposed to the $7.4 billion project. #TransMountain