Game 42 : Who Won @ Who Lost

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Helle should start. Maybe myers is back also. Why go on the road trip if not. Chiarot should sit.  

I think I'd sit Postma.  He looks completely lost out there.  Chiarot certainly isn't setting the ice on fire, but I feel more comfortable with him than Postma.

Possibly the best D corps since they have come back....imagine how much better it could be with a young LHD like Ville Pokka for example. None of Postma, Chiarot or Stu are NHL caliber D men and I cringe when they are on the ice. They really have trouble in their own zone. Myers should help big time when he is back and healthy although just because a player comes back from injury doesn't mean he is 100% healthy and I would guess most aren't.

The expansion draft is probably delaying what some GMs want to do with their roster. Chevy might want to trade for a you ng LHD or RHD but is handcuffed somewhat by the expansion draft. One possible solution might be to trade for an experienced D man and go the 8-1 route and protect 5 D men. I think he would have done this already though if he were going to do it.

Going to be an interesting off-season with the expansion draft thrown into the works. Glad it is this year and not next though.

4 + 4 + helle 

That's what it will be unless they trade 1 of Enstrom or Myers Which I think could possibly happen.  Enstrom being most likely since he's got 1 year left after this one and really isn't worth his salary and quite honestly doesn't have a future here.  Think a trade out eeast would help 

NH

31 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Possibly the best D corps since they have come back....imagine how much better it could be with a young LHD like Ville Pokka for example. None of Postma, Chiarot or Stu are NHL caliber D men and I cringe when they are on the ice. They really have trouble in their own zone. Myers should help big time when he is back and healthy although just because a player comes back from injury doesn't mean he is 100% healthy and I would guess most aren't.

The expansion draft is probably delaying what some GMs want to do with their roster. Chevy might want to trade for a you ng LHD or RHD but is handcuffed somewhat by the expansion draft. One possible solution might be to trade for an experienced D man and go the 8-1 route and protect 5 D men. I think he would have done this already though if he were going to do it.

Going to be an interesting off-season with the expansion draft thrown into the works. Glad it is this year and not next though.

NHL GM's right now ...

gp15gJr_large.gif?22726

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

4 + 4 + helle 

That's what it will be unless they trade 1 of Enstrom or Myers Which I think could possibly happen.  Enstrom being most likely since he's got 1 year left after this one and really isn't worth his salary and quite honestly doesn't have a future here.  Think a trade out eeast would help 

My hunch is that Myers is not at all being considered by Jets management as a needed trade. They will not put themselves in a place where they will be forced to unload him. Some other existing Jet will take that spot. 

He is a unique piece to the puzzle the Jets management seem to be trying to put together that would be hard, if not impossible, to replace.

I just hope his health doesn't limit his career span. 

After Little, Wheeler and Scheif, does it matter who we protect as far as the 4th forward goes?

Management will protect MP or Lowry but if we had 5 D men that were needing trading, I wouldn't hesitate to go 5 D men and 3 forwards. Let's say Chevy went out and picked up a Fowler or a Ceci or even someone like Michael Del Zotto, would it hurt us that much to only protect 3 forwards? I know it is a pretty big if and probably won't happen but I wouldn't be against it. Most on here would pick MP, Armia or Lowry to be the 4th but really, will it make that much difference?

The 4th forward to be protected is a great debate but I think even management doesn't know how it will shake out yet.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

4 + 4 + helle 

Bet he'd waive his no move clause if Montreal was the destination...  dare to dream.

I don't like the idea of losing Armia or Lowry.  Yeah, yeah tough to make decisions based on small sample size, but there's way too much potential in the 23 yr olds to toss 'em to an expansion team.

Hell, I'd be willing to trade Vegas a pick or prospect on the condition they'd take Matty P. 

Just now, Jimmy Pop said:

I don't like the idea of losing Armia or Lowry.  Yeah, yeah tough to make decisions based on small sample size, but there's way too much potential in the 23 yr olds to toss 'em to an expansion team.

Hell, I'd be willing to trade Vegas a pick or prospect on the condition they'd take Matty P. 

AND HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY MATTY!  Sorry my post was against you....lol