Game 42 : Who Won @ Who Lost

Send a 2nd with Matthias. A 2nd round pick is nothing to sneeze at and they get an average 3rd LWer to above average 4th line LWer.

It wouldn't bother me that much if it were MP to be honest but I wouldn't send a 2nd. I think his time on the top 6 is limited to maybe the end of this year with the Jets. I also think you could get something good for him in a trade if he finishes off the season well.

Really going to be interesting to see what teams do before and especially after the expansion draft. Anyone think draft day will have more trades than usual this year?

I like 85, and really like the signing at the time.  My thinking is just that as the years come and go  Perreault's age and role becomes a big factor.

How well does he transition from a top 6 scoring role to a bottom 6 checking role, given his size and physical limitations, and given he's 30 this time next year.

With Lowry and Armia you can pretty safely pencil both in for 3rd or 4th line mins or more, + PK time, for the next 5-10 years.  With Armia, maybe there's an outside chance he compliments the top 6, even. 

It's like kind of like the comparison amongst our D core.   I'm a fan of Myers, but I've long since said IF it was ever about him OR Trouba - I'd personally drive Myers to the airport myself. 

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I like 85, and really like the signing at the time.  My thinking is just that as the years come and go  Perreault's age and role becomes a big factor.

How well does he transition from a top 6 scoring role to a bottom 6 checking role, given his size and physical limitations, and given he's 30 this time next year.

With Lowry and Armia you can pretty safely pencil both in for 3rd or 4th line mins or more, + PK time, for the next 5-10 years.  With Armia, maybe there's an outside chance he compliments the top 6, even. 

It's like kind of like the comparison amongst our D core.   I'm a fan of Myers, but I've long since said IF it was ever about him OR Trouba - I'd personally drive Myers to the airport myself. 

MP's role with Anaheim was a 3rd line checking centre...  had a crazy faceoff percentage

Myers will be an expensive 3rd pairing D...  just hope Maurice isn't crazy enough to push Trouba back down the lineup when Myers returns

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

MP's role with Anaheim was a 3rd line checking centre...  had a crazy faceoff percentage

Myers will be an expensive 3rd pairing D...  just hope Maurice isn't crazy enough to push Trouba back down the lineup when Myers returns

Expensive but doable by virtue of how his contract works with declining cash every year. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

He's an expensive 3rd pairing D but we also have two guys on rookie salaries on the top forward line and we're not close to the cap so I wouldn't worry about that.  Might be more worried about Stafford on the 4th line if we're talking salary structure.

Just now, Ducky said:

The Sabres lost a tough one in OT last night and we have to kick them while they are down. They have a worse record than us and it should be a win for the Jets.

Watching Roslovic in the World Juniors and just can't help but think the Kane trade gets better for the Jets by the day.  Kane and Bogo ain't doing **** in Buffalo.

I think Bogo might have got hurt last night.

The fans want no part of either of them although most say Kane's on-ice play is coming around. They've had it with him because of the off ice shite he does. He has 14 points this year and 35 last season and gets paid 6m with a 5.25m caphit...

We absolutely hosed them in that trade. We win even if Myers isn't in the deal.

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

I think Bogo might have got hurt last night.

The fans want no part of either of them although most say Kane's on-ice play is coming around. They've had it with him because of the off ice shite he does. He has 14 points this year and 35 last season and gets paid 6m with a 5.25m caphit...

We absolutely hosed them in that trade. We win even if Myers isn't in the deal.

If Lemieux, Roslo, Armia and Myers are all playing with the big club next year we can say that trade was a major builder of this team's future.  Hope we can get something for Stafford.

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If Lemieux, Roslo, Armia and Myers are all playing with the big club next year we can say that trade was a major builder of this team's future.  Hope we can get something for Stafford.

Do we have room for those two and Connor? Out with Thorbs, Staf and our expansion draft loss?