2017 WJC

Ducky

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm not convinced he does. I think it depends on who is drafting first overall. I think there's a real possibility Liljegren goes 1st overall. 

Patrick's ceiling they say is 2nd line center. Be nice to have but... there's a few more interesting prospects for sure. Nico Hishier ( spelling) from Halifax.  People say he's the Swiss ehlers but a center. Hes a guy I'd take... not 1st but 4th 5th 6th ish I would 

This coming from the guy that said the Jets might not pick Laine and might go with Puljujarvi instead...

I was just looking at the 1988 draft year and I saw that Chevy was drafted only six picks after Teemu.  Did anyone else know that?  I sure didn't...

Pick # Player Position Nationality NHL team College/junior/club team
1 Mike Modano Centre 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Minnesota North Stars Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
2 Trevor Linden Centre/Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Vancouver Canucks Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
3 Curtis Leschyshyn Defence 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Quebec Nordiques Saskatoon Blades (WHL)
4 Darrin Shannon Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Pittsburgh Penguins Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
5 Daniel Dore Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Quebec Nordiques Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL)
6 Scott Pearson Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Toronto Maple Leafs Kingston Canadians (OHL)
7 Martin Gelinas Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Los Angeles Kings Hull Olympiques (QMJHL)
8 Jeremy Roenick Centre 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Chicago Blackhawks Thayer Academy (USHS–MA)
9 Rod Brind'Amour Centre/Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada St. Louis Blues Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL)
10 Teemu Selanne Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland Winnipeg Jets Jokerit (Finland)
11 Chris Govedaris Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Hartford Whalers Toronto Marlboros (OHL)
12 Corey Foster Defence 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada New Jersey Devils Peterborough Petes (OHL)
13 Joel Savage Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Buffalo Sabres Victoria Cougars (WHL)
14 Claude Boivin Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Philadelphia Flyers Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL)
15 Reggie Savage Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Washington Capitals Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
16 Kevin Cheveldayoff Defence 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada New York Islanders Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

This coming from the guy that said the Jets might not pick Laine and might go with Puljujarvi instead...

I like how you act like what ever you suggest always happens and what everyone else suggests NEVER does...  considering you are trading players every other day and making line ups in your own little fantasy world, this is truly what is referred to as the POT calling the Kettle black. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I like how you act like what ever you suggest always happens and what everyone else suggests NEVER does...  considering you are trading players every other day and making line ups in your own little fantasy world, this is truly what is referred to as the POT calling the Kettle black. 

well whatever we decided back then (and there's nothing wrong with a little healthy debate) so far my Finnish friend seems to have been bang on.  Poolparty will probably start to really blossom next year and narrow the gap, but right now there was no question who the Jets should have drafted with that second-rounder.  So glad to see Laine in a Jets uniform and not in an ugly Oiler or Columbus uniform.

50 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was just looking at the 1988 draft year and I saw that Chevy was drafted only six picks after Teemu.  Did anyone else know that?  I sure didn't...

Pick # Player Position Nationality NHL team College/junior/club team
1 Mike Modano Centre 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Minnesota North Stars Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
2 Trevor Linden Centre/Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Vancouver Canucks Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
3 Curtis Leschyshyn Defence 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Quebec Nordiques Saskatoon Blades (WHL)
4 Darrin Shannon Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Pittsburgh Penguins Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
5 Daniel Dore Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Quebec Nordiques Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL)
6 Scott Pearson Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Toronto Maple Leafs Kingston Canadians (OHL)
7 Martin Gelinas Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Los Angeles Kings Hull Olympiques (QMJHL)
8 Jeremy Roenick Centre 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Chicago Blackhawks Thayer Academy (USHS–MA)
9 Rod Brind'Amour Centre/Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada St. Louis Blues Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL)
10 Teemu Selanne Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland Winnipeg Jets Jokerit (Finland)
11 Chris Govedaris Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Hartford Whalers Toronto Marlboros (OHL)
12 Corey Foster Defence 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada New Jersey Devils Peterborough Petes (OHL)
13 Joel Savage Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Buffalo Sabres Victoria Cougars (WHL)
14 Claude Boivin Left Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Philadelphia Flyers Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL)
15 Reggie Savage Right Wing 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada Washington Capitals Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
16 Kevin Cheveldayoff Defence 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada New York Islanders Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

Nordiques did not have good scouts.  Ouch.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

A bit of a difference between trade proposals and you saying the Jets might not take Laine at 2nd or Patrick won't go 1st overall, no? A trade proposal isn't predicting anything.

Predictions? I was the one that said Connor would start with the big team and Thorbs shouldn't be dressed. Also said Petan deserved a chance to be called up just before they called him up. I have also been a BIG supporter of Armia and he was playing really well before his injury......those 4 things are what most people on here jumped on me for saying and all came true. Same as last year in late November when I said the Jets weren't going to make the playoffs.

I'll be the first to admit that i didn't think Tanev would start with the big team or they had the balls to send Pavs down although I said it is what should be done. I didn't think they would sit Stu for as many games as they have either.

Oh ya, I remember you trying to lecture me why Staf deserved tobe on the team this year too..hahahahhahash. Almost as laughable as Werenski taking the Calder over Laine if it were decided now...hahahahhash...

Puljujarvi wasn't in junior?

Edited by Ducky

8 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Oh ya, I remember you trying to lecture me why Staf deserved tobe on the team this year too..hahahahhahash. Almost as laughable as Werenski taking the Calder over Laine if it were decided now...hahahahhash...

Puljujarvi wasn't in junior?

A 19 year old defenceman playing 22 minutes on the best team in the league - that WAS one of the worst last year - with 20+ pts and massive fancy stats...  he deserves the Calder.

56 minutes ago, Floyd said:

A 19 year old defenceman playing 22 minutes on the best team in the league - that WAS one of the worst last year - with 20+ pts and massive fancy stats...  he deserves the Calder.

Yeah, Werenski has been outstanding so far this season. I'd vote for Laine b/c I'm a homer, but they're both having great years.