2017 WJC

Ducky

Nobody have any interest in this tourney?

Foley and Roslovic for USA and Spacek for Czechs.

Anyone raising any interest? I am interested in seeing how Barzal, Strome, PLD and Jost does.

goalies

Carter Hart and Connor Ingram;

defencemen

Thomas Chabot, Noah Juulsen, Philippe Myers, Jake Bean, Kale Clague, Dante Fabbro and Jeremy Lauzon;

forwards

Dylan Strome, Mathew Barzal, Mitchell Stephens, Julien Gauthier, Anthony Cirelli, Nicolas Roy, Dillon Dube, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Mathieu Joseph, Tyson Jost, Michael McLeod, Taylor Raddysh and Blake Speers

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Put me in the don't really care category. I mean, Go Canada Go and all but.... with the lack of Jets prospects on Team Canada, I just really don't have much interest. I'll watch a game or 2 but this tourney seems to be lacking "the stars". 

Imagine the line-ups if everyone was available to these clubs. Laine. McDavid. Matthews. Wow. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Then I'd have more interest but since they won't be there... It's lacking star power big time. 

Yes. But unless you follow the CHL, NCAA, or European teams, most of these players will be new to you anyhow. Granted there is no superstar 16 year old prodigy but there are some good returning players. 

I mean, how much did we know about that young Finn who's lighting up the NHL this season before the 2016 WJHC started? 

Edited by JCon

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Patrick Nolan is hurt right?  Otherwise he'd be playing?

Absolutely. He has not been medically cleared to play.

I still think he goes number one but whoever drafts first will have to be comfortable with his injury history and risk.

8 hours ago, JCon said:

Absolutely. He has not been medically cleared to play.

I still think he goes number one but whoever drafts first will have to be comfortable with his injury history and risk.

I'm not convinced he does. I think it depends on who is drafting first overall. I think there's a real possibility Liljegren goes 1st overall. 

Patrick's ceiling they say is 2nd line center. Be nice to have but... there's a few more interesting prospects for sure. Nico Hishier ( spelling) from Halifax.  People say he's the Swiss ehlers but a center. Hes a guy I'd take... not 1st but 4th 5th 6th ish I would 

Edited by Goalie

53 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'm not convinced he does. I think it depends on who is drafting first overall. I think there's a real possibility Liljegren goes 1st overall. 

Patrick's ceiling they say is 2nd line center. Be nice to have but... there's a few more interesting prospects for sure. Nico Hishier ( spelling) from Halifax.  People say he's the Swiss ehlers but a center. Hes a guy I'd take... not 1st but 4th 5th 6th ish I would 

Patrick's ceiling is 2nd line centre? No. It's top line, elite centre. 

I've never heard anyone say that his ceiling is second line centre. Where are you hearing/reading this? 

Bob Mckenzie said it. There are no elite talent in this draft. 

Just because Patrick is from Winnipeg doesn't mean he's elite. He will be a good player if injuries aren't an issue but he's not elite.  

With that being said if the Jets are picking first... I take him. Why? Because Scheif and Patrick are a great 1 2 but I'd probably think hard about taking the potential 1 or 2 RHD instead since it's kind of an organizational need 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bob Mckenzie said it. There are no elite talent in this draft. 

Just because Patrick is from Winnipeg doesn't mean he's elite. He will be a good player if injuries aren't an issue but he's not elite.  

Everyone has him as the consensus number one pick.

Craig Button- All the capabilities to be the No. 1 centre teams can build around.

Sounds pretty good. I don't care where he's from. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Nico Hishier ( spelling) from Halifax.  People say he's the Swiss ehlers but a center. Hes a guy I'd take... not 1st but 4th 5th 6th ish I would 

Hishier is definitely interesting. He's around the 6th ranked centre in the draft. Maybe he falls into the middle of the first round.