US Politics

Rich

16 minutes ago, Mark F said:

She's formidable.

I really hope Warren is the next President.

She really is, her authenticity really underscores that.

30 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Solid article about Warren with a Canadian twist.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5190801

many of Warren's arguments, it is populist, which is why Trump almost certainly fears her. He poses as a populist, while rewarding the rich. She's the real thing.

while her poll numbers rise, Trump's are flat. It's a lovely thing to see intelligent argument, unbending principle and policy go up against demagoguery, nativism and vulgar name-calling. To see a seriously brainy woman go toe to toe with a self-proclaimed "stable genius."

This statement by Warren, last night, alone.....made it a good nite for her

Who is this economy really working for?” she asked.

“It’s doing great for a thinner and thinner slice at the top. It’s doing great for giant drug companies. It’s just not doing great for people who are trying to get a prescription filled. It’s doing great for people who want to invest in private prisons, just not for the African-Americans and the Latinos whose families are torn apart, whose lives are destroyed, and whose communities are ruined. It's doing great for giant oil companies that want to drill everywhere, just not for the rest of us who are watching climate change bear down upon us. When you’ve got a government, when you’ve got an economy that does great for those with money and isn’t doing great for everyone else, that is corruption, pure and simple. We need to call it out. We need to attack it head on, and we need to make structural change.”

14 hours ago, do or die said:

It’s doing great for giant drug companies. It’s just not doing great for people who are trying to get a prescription filled.

"Fundraisers for medical bills and accompanying expenses account for a third of campaigns on GoFundMe, the crowdsourcing website's CEO Rob Solomon told MPR News.

The site has become a go-to option for individuals who need help paying their physicians. According to GoFundMe, the site hosts 250,000-plus medical campaigns each year, with more than $650 million raised across those campaigns.

Some examples of GoFundMe campaigns reviewed by MPR News include an uninsured man from Charleston, S.C., with prostate cancer who sought $50,000 to pay mounting bills."

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/medical-bills-account-for-1-in-3-gofundme-campaigns.html

What absolute garbage.

Our system is a hell of a lot better than that.

20 hours ago, Tracker said:

I think we are watching the end of the American empire and the emergence of a neo-nazi mindset in both the current administration and far too many American citizens. Trump believes that he is above the law and can run the government and policies by fiat with the Congress and Senate serving as rubber stamps. The religious right believes that America was somehow established as a theocracy and a Christian one at that. To this end, they believe with some justification, that Trump will serve as a "useful idiot" to give fundamentalist "Christians" primacy in all government functions and policy. They are willing to overlook Trump's admitted sexual assaults, marital unfaithfulness, racism and support of white supremacists so long as he delivers the oppression to "non-Christians" according to their wishes. Several of the fundamentalists have openly said that they believe democracy is incompatible with their brand of religion. Despite America's long history of the rule of law and constitutional democracy, there are those who would support a dictatorship as long as they are the ones who benefit. In Nazi Germany, there were Jews who supported Hitler, and British and Americans who were enthusiastic supporters of Hitler, and that dark underside of societies will always will be there.

I think you're taking this a little too far, it may seem like there is little resistance within the US but there is plenty, for every Canadian that thinks the last couple of years in the White House is absolutely crazy, there are  at least 10 good Americans that hold similar views.  The correction for Trump is going to be harsh and brutal as he's created tremendous hatred.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think you're taking this a little too far, it may seem like there is little resistance within the US but there is plenty, for every Canadian that thinks the last couple of years in the White House is absolutely crazy, there are  at least 10 good Americans that hold similar views.  The correction for Trump is going to be harsh and brutal as he's created tremendous hatred.

People have been predicting the end of the American Empire for many years. At least since I started paying attention twenty five years ago.

Hope you're right about Trump.

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

There is still overwhelming support for Trump among white males and this is in spite of all his incompetence, racism and gynophobia . These supporters believe that Trump has the right as president to do anything he pleases without regard for the law, congress or senate. This same sort of mindset is functionally identical to the 1930's Germans. Some 40% of the American public think Trump is doing a good job.

putting this here, cause it's part of a discussion at reddit about epstein thiing. Looks like he hung out at "Mar a Lago" a fair bit.

This girl worked there and says he recruited her there. She's sixteen apparently, at the time of this photo. Prince Andrew.

The photo is disgusting.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7881326/prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-abuse-roberts-florida-court/

Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/c8qw9e/court_orders_release_of_sealed_docs_about_jeffrey/

Edited by Mark F

lol. Trump's advisor, and son in law. This is from an Israeli newspaper. Not any kind of pro palestinian outfit at all.

Kushner's 'economic peace' plan repeatedly claims that occupied Palestine can model itself after Singapore, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan. That's certainly ambitious – but also ignorant, absurd and even dangerous

Probably worse than that.

Edited by Mark F

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Now that is funny.   😄

It is funny,

You all probably know this, but that's Trump making fun of a reporter who is handicapped. "Serge Kovaleski suffers from arthrogryposis, a condition which limits the movement of joints and is particularly noticeable in Kovaleski’s right arm and hand. After referring to Kovaleski as “a nice reporter,” Trump launched into an impression of him,"

Trump stopped maturing at twelve years of age.

And I know much more about him than I want or need to.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

It is funny,

You all probably know this, but that's Trump making fun of a reporter who is handicapped. "Serge Kovaleski suffers from arthrogryposis, a condition which limits the movement of joints and is particularly noticeable in Kovaleski’s right arm and hand. After referring to Kovaleski as “a nice reporter,” Trump launched into an impression of him,"

Trump stopped maturing at twelve years of age.

And I know much more about him than I want or need to.

Yeah- that was naive me at the beginning of all this, thinking that was going to disqualify trump for POTUS- **** was I wrong...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/07/07/julie_k_brown_quite_a_few_powerful_and_important_names_will_come_up_in_jeffrey_epstein_sex_trafficking_case.html

tv Interview with reporter who dug into epstein sex trafficking charges.

(J Epstein arrested yesterday)

Julie K. Brown: "Quite A Few Powerful And Important" Names Will Come Up In Jeffrey Epstein Sex Trafficking Case

Why are so many extremely wealthy people such lowlife degenerates?

Edited by Mark F