US Politics

Rich

Immigration from central america..... why people flee

"Honduras is one of the deadliest countries in the world and has one of the highest impunity rates. According to an analysis by InSight Crime, gang membership and activity have been on the rise in the past two decades, and the associated violence has hit the country’s urban areas the hardest. Extortion by gangs has forced many to flee in search of more security. Moreover, the Honduran police are both understaffed—in the northern district of San Pedro Sula, home to nearly 230,000 people and where well-known gangs like Barrio 18 and MS-13 operate, just 50 police officers watch over its 189 neighborhoods—and plagued by corruption and abuse.

"The article is only a partial description of the reality here. It does nothing to iluminate the the fact that the US supported the 2009 coup of the leftist president and the installation of a corrupt regime "and" its illegal and fraudulent re election in 2017. Almost 3,000 deaths can be directly related to the theft of $335 million from the already underfunded health system during the current president's first term....funds that were used in his re election campagn, this even though re election is expressly prohibited by the constitution. Tens of thousands took to the streets to protest peacefully in 2017 but the protests were quashed by this brutal government using its own millitary, gassing, killling and "disappearing" its own citizens. Thats just one example.. There has been a 400% increase in military funding while in the entire time of Hernadez' presidency not one hospital has been built and not one school. Journalists and those that publicly oppose are disappeared. "

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/06/07/honduras-why-people-flee-photos-227087

edit....That was when Obama was Pres, and Hillary Clinton was secretary of state. They ignored pleas to do something about the coup.

"As of 2014 the coup had weakened democratic institutions such, that along with corruption and police impunity, state security forces persecuted coup opponents, campesinos, indigenous protesters and others, and the crime rate increased massively. In this context more than 13,000 Honduran children crossed U.S. borders from October 2013 until May 2014, a 1272% increase compared to 2009.[117]"

Edited by Mark F

On 2019-06-06 at 8:58 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I always liked Boehner.

Trough feeder comes up for air with a complete and utter lack of self awareness. 

To paraphrase Seymour Skinner..

"Am I so out of touch. ..?..No, it is Trump who is wrong. ."

Puts head back down in trough. 

It's really an astonishing rate - over 12 per day and the Post is very conservative on their judgments.   How can anyone believe or support this moron?

President Trump has made 10,796 false or misleading claims over 869 days

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/10/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/?utm_term=.d52cd6ab72eb

10 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

It's really an astonishing rate - over 12 per day and the Post is very conservative on their judgments.   How can anyone believe or support this moron?

President Trump has made 10,796 false or misleading claims over 869 days

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/10/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/?utm_term=.d52cd6ab72eb

After he was voted in despite the "grab em buy the *****" tape- I am not shocked at all by anything there.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

How can anyone believe or support this moron?

And I wonder, can they actually find someone worse than Trump? 

At this point, I say anything is possible in the USA.

Republicans would vote for Whitey Bulger if he was their candidate.

It bothers me to hear people in the media talking about Trump as though anything he said makes sense or is based in reality. 

That is truly sickening.

Why doesn't someone ask him why Kim's man, the negotiator Trump posed with in N Korea, is now in a Prison camp? and the others, executed.

Edited by Mark F