US Politics

Rich

27 minutes ago, johnzo said:

48.5% of the Alabama voters chose the guy who believes in imaginary voter fraud in imaginary places. 

I dunno about you guys but I'm voting for the killer asteroid in 2018.

count me in!

Lutetia for president!

Art Bell had some excellent comedy/phoney expert shows about killer asteroids and hidden planets.

I miss Art.

Edited by Mark F

32 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Did he have you convinced about the Y2K bug?

Probably, I don't remember, so long ago; What a waste that was.

but I thought that Art was just having some gentle fun with  most of the  people that he had on.

"All vampires, call in tonight on special vampires only phone line no. ............."

The replacement is utterly boring and dull.

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

what's crawled up his ass this week?  Maybe he’s heard about some impending indictments 

He runs this sideshow, meanwhile dismantling through executive order, all kinds of important consumer, environmental, international protections and laws. adding one trillion in debt. backing Saudi Arabia bombing Yemen into dust.

he's got the power, and is doing a lot of damage, while people focus on his stupidity.

Not going to be easy for them to clean up his mess.

Edited by Mark F

Interesting insight because there is a belief that many "inside" know its only a matter of time.  It doesnt get much more inside than Bannon

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff?CMP=share_btn_tw

Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States:

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican Party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn't represent my base — he's only in it for himself.
Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States:

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican Party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn't represent my base — he's only in it for himself.
Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.

wow.  Unbelievable.

They must really be getting worried now

Interesting article

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/manafort-lawsuit-robert-mueller-authority/index.html

Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman indicted on money laundering and other charges, filed a lawsuit challenging the broad authority of special counsel Robert Mueller and alleging the Justice Department violated the law in appointing Mueller.

The suit brought Wednesday in US District Court in Washington, where Manafort and another former Trump campaign aide are charged, challenges Mueller's decision to charge Manafort with alleged crimes that they say have nothing to do with the 2016 campaign, but rather relate to lucrative lobbying work Manafort and his deputy did for a former Russia-friendly government in Ukraine. That work ended in 2014, the suit says. Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates deny the allegations in the charges.

The legal action represents a new tack in a broader effort by supporters of the President to push back on the special counsel. Some Republicans have begun publicly calling for Mueller's probe to be shut down. Manafort's attorneys have echoed the President's criticism that Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election is pursuing crimes that never happened.

Well, if the crimes never happened, they have nothing to worry about.  Funny they are indicted but are challenging the Special Counsel's authority to lay the charges.  As I recall, the Counsel has broad powers to investigate the core issue or any crimes he comes across while investigating that.  Recall, thats how Clinton was Impeached (and I dont recall Republican's getting too hot and bothered about it).

A DOJ spokesperson responded with a statement, saying: "The lawsuit is frivolous but the defendant is entitled to file whatever he wants."
The lawsuit also includes new information on the scope of Mueller's probe: In August, the Mueller prosecutors issued more than 100 subpoenas related to Manafort, the lawsuit alleges.

Some of those subpoenas seek records from as early as 2005. In August, a prosecutor from Mueller's office told Manafort that he'd be prosecuted for alleged crimes dating back to 2010, the complaint says. When Manafort's lawyers asked Rosenstein in fall 2017 for clarification on whether Mueller's team had the go-ahead to broaden the investigation into earlier years, they heard nothing back, the complaint says. Manafort's indictment includes actions he took from 2006 to 2014.

They're boned.  All of them.  Mueller seems to be doing a pretty damned detailed investigation.  Keep in mind, Mueller is a Republican, appointed by Republicans.  This isnt a witch hunt. Its a patriot doing his job.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Once Trump feels truly cornered, he's stupid and crazy enough to do anything.  I can see him calling on a citizen's army to rise up.

or worst of all, of course, nuclear attack.

This is a dangerous time.

I agree... if things look grim for trump, I fully expect him to engage with DPNK for the "Dubya" bump in the polls. 

Sad thing is... you need to be the victim, then the aggressor... otherwise, you are just a fucktard bully. I'm calling it now- he's poking at KJU to bait him to do something stupid, then he unleashes hell on N. Korea for that bump... though I think trump is going to be so desperate that he jumps the gun and makes up some **** and attacks N'korea.

People in and around N. Korea are ******...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy