US Politics

Rich

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Press secretary playing the victim card for all involved in the Trump administration, I know its her job but she really should be ashamed of herself for coming out once in a blue moon to get huffy with the reporters who aren't fawning over her boss.

She is souless.  Bought and paid for.  Its one thing to help with messaging but she out and out lies.  She said today that Trump was elected by a majority of American's which is not true.  He lost the popular vote.  She said Trump condemned the bombings.  No, he inferred it was a fake plot cooked up by Democrats and continues to blame the media, who were targeted, for creating division.  He continues to spread the message that the media and the dems are the enemies and you should attack them.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think we are seeing that a lot of nasty racist idiots existed in greater numbers than we expected but at least they were kept in the dark.  What Trump and the normalization of the alt right has done is made these people comfortable, perhaps even proud, to come out into the light.

And they're doing a better job of messaging than the left.  

And people like me, long time conservatives, are caught in the middle because we literally have no political home.  If the GOP had the balls to prevent this alt right take over and embrace a center-right philosophy, thats where many of us would gravitate to.  But they know it would be a disaster for a few years.  The GOP know they have to embrace Trump and his nasty base because there isnt enough of the center left and the left sure wont vote for them.

Its why I've said, any conservative who is fed up with this needs to vote straight Dem in the next election and probably 2020 as well.  You have to kill the beast before it can be replaced with something better.

We've seen the worst of the right and what it can do..and it can sure get worse.  We read in history books about how Hitler did what we did but we're living history right now. And people will rail against it (Trump himself whined about being compared to Hitler) but the shoe fits.  

Vote left to send a message.  Whats the worst that can happen?  Health care for all?  Gun Control?  Women's rights?  Oh no, the horror.

For all the **** trump has done and said- you have to include Cocaine Mitch, that monster has managed to destroy the republic by destroying the three branches of the government. He and his cohorts are the wrecking ball going on in the background while we are all up in arms with trump.

I miss the days of the Russia investigation, this latest violence is just too sickening.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/george-papadopoulos-says-he-knows-identity-of-spy-in-trump-campaign/ar-BBP2cH9

Papadopoulos has taken to claiming that he got set-up. He said Friday that he might withdraw from his plea deal, and he claimed that the government performed committed some misconduct.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

She is souless.  Bought and paid for.  Its one thing to help with messaging but she out and out lies.  She said today that Trump was elected by a majority of American's which is not true.  He lost the popular vote.  She said Trump condemned the bombings.  No, he inferred it was a fake plot cooked up by Democrats and continues to blame the media, who were targeted, for creating division.  He continues to spread the message that the media and the dems are the enemies and you should attack them.

DqsywwaXQAA7mr6.jpg

38 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

12 minutes ago, pigseye said:

They have lost their minds down there. How do you not blame the media on both sides for stirring the pot? 

On 2018-10-24 at 9:47 PM, pigseye said:

Fortunately not a single one went off republican was shot, how lucky is that?  

13 hours ago, pigseye said:

They have lost their minds down there. How do you not blame the media on both sides for stirring the pot? 

Lol right. Cause media reporting on Trump’s bigoted rants is stirring the pot. What a gross suggestion. You feign disgust at he violence and then parrot trumps talking points that if only the media would stop criticizing him and get in line that everything would be ok. 

The violence we’ve seen is fanned by trump and Fox News. You can’t bring yourself to criticize your guy. 

I believe this right is part of the 14th amendment so it will be interesting to see how Trump intends to get around it.  Ofcourse, he has the Supreme Court in his pocket now.  Interestingly, I thought the GOP considered the constitution sacrosanct (or is it only for guns?) 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I believe this right is part of the 14th amendment so it will be interesting to see how Trump intends to get around it.  Ofcourse, he has the Supreme Court in his pocket now.  Interestingly, I thought the GOP considered the constitution sacrosanct (or is it only for guns?) 

They're not so big on the first amendment either so ya, only for guns. 

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They're not so big on the first amendment either so ya, only for guns. 

Trump's talking point on this is that America is the only country in the world that has birthright citizenship.  That is completely false.  Its a lie he's telling to fan his base that they have to vote so they can rid the country of the dirty immigrants.  Its so brazenly racist.

But hey, CNN made the Trump guy send them a bomb right?  And how about that economy which isnt as hot anymore?

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Kinda agree with this. Ted Cruz should not have been made a citizen of Canada either.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lol right. Cause media reporting on Trump’s bigoted rants is stirring the pot. What a gross suggestion. You feign disgust at he violence and then parrot trumps talking points that if only the media would stop criticizing him and get in line that everything would be ok. 

The violence we’ve seen is fanned by trump and Fox News. You can’t bring yourself to criticize your guy. 

Take off your blinders, when they criticize Trump they are fueling the hate his base already has for them. What's next shooting up a soft ball game...oh wait that wasn't them now was it.  

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

Take off your blinders, when they criticize Trump they are fueling the hate his base already has for them. What's next shooting up a soft ball game...oh wait that wasn't them now was it.  

You're actually saying that media rightfully being critical of elected officials fuels hate and should stop?  The news should stop reporting on elected officials critically?

I thought maybe you were just a dug in Trump fan.  But you actually believe this stuff dont you?

Sorry I triggered the usual response: whataboutism.  lol

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You're actually saying that media rightfully being critical of elected officials fuels hate and should stop?  The news should stop reporting on elected officials critically?

I thought maybe you were just a dug in Trump fan.  But you actually believe this stuff dont you?

Sorry I triggered the usual response: whataboutism.  lol

You need to do a little history on the war between the Repubs and the media, it's been going on for generations and is a Republican staple, Trump has just taken it to the next level,

I will conclude with something Steve Bannon put to the author Michael Lewis earlier this year. “The Democrats don’t matter,” Bannon said. “The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with ****.” To this kind of provocation, Marty Baron, editor of The Washington Post, has a succinct reply: “We’re not at war, we’re at work.” I think our top journalists are correct that if they become the political opposition to Trump, they will lose. And yet, they have to go to war against a political style in which power gets to write its own story. 

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

You need to do a little history on the war between the Repubs and the media, it's been going on for generations and is a Republican staple, Trump has just taken it to the next level,

Oh, Steve Bannon said so.  Oh okay.

Anyway, there are 2-3 people that post here that are curiously emotionally vested in Trump's image and their usual MO is to come post about something thats around 43rd on the hot news list to interrupt the discussion about the most pressing headlines.  

The narrative that the MEDIA is the enemy is absurd.  But if you really believe that, you could always start by spreading the truth about FOX News, which openly admits its not actually news, where people like Tucker Carlson openly push for a "whiter" society.  But yeah, CNN is the problem.

The President is a bigot and spreads hateful rhetoric..  Its not the media's fault he is and does.  And its not their fault the cult members who embrace that ideology get offended when news media point it out.

It wasn't CNN that publicly listed all the people that were "problems" or "enemies" for the Trump fan to send bombs too.

If you really had the courage of your convictions, you'd just admit what you believe in.  Trying to walk the line between what you feel and how you express it isnt working.

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh, Steve Bannon said so.  Oh okay.

Anyway, there are 2-3 people that post here that are curiously emotionally vested in Trump's image and their usual MO is to come post about something thats around 43rd on the hot news list to interrupt the discussion about the most pressing headlines.  

The narrative that the MEDIA is the enemy is absurd.  But if you really believe that, you could always start by spreading the truth about FOX News, which openly admits its not actually news, where people like Tucker Carlson openly push for a "whiter" society.  But yeah, CNN is the problem.

The President is a bigot and spreads hateful rhetoric..  Its not the media's fault he is and does.  And its not their fault the cult members who embrace that ideology get offended when news media point it out.

It wasn't CNN that publicly listed all the people that were "problems" or "enemies" for the Trump fan to send bombs too.

If you really had the courage of your convictions, you'd just admit what you believe in.  Trying to walk the line between what you feel and how you express it isnt working.

Once again, do a little reading on the history of the Republicans and the media, it's their strategy, 92% of their base believe the main stream media is fake news, sad but true. Outlets like CNN play right into this Republican strategy, they would be better off pumping the tires of the Dems instead of 'fact checking' whatever the President says. And I never said Trumps hate speak wasn't to blame only that the media is also complicit for falling into the Republican trap.  

I'm Canadian, Trump could drop dead for all I care. 

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

Once again, do a little reading on the history of the Republicans and the media, it's their strategy, 92% of their base believe the main stream media is fake news, sad but true. Outlets like CNN play right into this Republican strategy, they would be better off pumping the tires of the Dems instead of 'fact checking' whatever the President says. And I never said Trumps hate speak wasn't to blame only that the media is also complicit for falling into the Republican trap.  

I'm Canadian, Trump could drop dead for all I care. 

You're parroting Trump's nonsense and dislike being called on it.  You'd rather pop in with your one sentence posts implying the bombs were a false flag or that CNN is to blame for being critical of Trump.  Doesnt hold up.

Subscribing to the belief the mainstream media should not be critical of elected officials or hold them accountable is nonsense.  Trying to couch that in "dont fall into their trap" is just another way or spreading the same nonsense.  Trump wants the media to stop being critical of him when he deserves it.  Period.

I mean, you're clearly a Trump supporter.  lol

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You're parroting Trump's nonsense and dislike being called on it.  You'd rather pop in with your one sentence posts implying the bombs were a false flag or that CNN is to blame for being critical of Trump.  Doesnt hold up.

Subscribing to the belief the mainstream media should not be critical of elected officials or hold them accountable is nonsense.  Trying to couch that in "dont fall into their trap" is just another way or spreading the same nonsense.  Trump wants the media to stop being critical of him when he deserves it.  Period.

I mean, you're clearly a Trump supporter.  lol

You are completely missing the point, stop, take a deep breath and get emotionally detached from the subject for a moment and realize that Trump doesn't want them to stop criticizing him. It's why he tweets weird **** at night after just giving a presidential like speech that same day.  

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

You are completely missing the point, stop, take a deep breath and get emotionally detached from the subject for a moment and realize that Trump doesn't want them to stop criticizing him. It's why he tweets weird **** at night after just giving a presidential like speech that same day.  

Give it a rest. No one is buying what you’re selling.