US Politics

Rich

Trump goes off the rails after he reads a prepared statement and tells the media that they have been unfair to him and the Republican Party, media member asks "how" twice and he ignores the person and continues with the media being unfair and how the Republican party is winning. The election on November 6 is going to be a ****show.

10 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump goes off the rails after he reads a prepared statement and tells the media that they have been unfair to him and the Republican Party, media member asks "how" twice and he ignores the person and continues with the media being unfair and how the Republican party is winning. The election on November 6 is going to be a ****show.

I wish that Cheeto hued man-baby was held to account for all his lies. 

Even if Republicans keep the Senate.....a House loss, would result in Trump blaming:

Mitch McConnell
Paul Ryan
The Media
FBI
Justice Department
Michael Cohen
Migrants
Rogue elements
Leftist Mobs
Feminists
Mexicans
Transgenders
Canada
SNL
John Oliver
Turkey
Yoko Ono
Black Lives Matter
Hillary Clinton

...........notable exception: himself

A House loss means Dem-led investigative committees with subpoena power.   Can you say Trump Tax Returns?  It also means if Trump moves to fire Meuller, the House could launch their own investigation and simply hire Mueller to run it.

For most people, it will simply mean more fighting and nothing getting done.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A House loss means Dem-led investigative committees with subpoena power.   Can you say Trump Tax Returns?  It also means if Trump moves to fire Meuller, the House could launch their own investigation and simply hire Mueller to run it.

For most people, it will simply mean more fighting and nothing getting done.

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If you're under 40 you probably don't remember this but in the 80s Winnipeg had its own version of this guy. Drove a big car around with anti-NDP stuff on cardboard attached to it.

IIRC, he was upset at the NDP because his Workers Comp claim was denied or he wasn't getting the benefits he thought he deserved. The only thing theses 2 guys have in common was that Winnipeg Guy was angry. 

5 hours ago, johnzo said:

per Trump, it's the synagogue's fault for not having armed security.  Because that's America in 2018: if places of worship aren't armed camps, then they're getting what they deserve.

Besides, there were good people on both sides.

gettyimages-830617832.jpg?quality=70&str

Every time I see this pic of Charlottesville I am consumed with disgust, yet part of me giggles at the sight of this hateful, repugnant, vile and morally bankrupt mob brandishing tiki torches... it is so anti-mob mentality.

Neonazi: "blood and spoil! We will... not.. will not... oh ****, hold on guys I got citronella in my eyes..."

Like seriously, **** these assholes can't  even do an intimidatimg mob correctly- GTFO here you shitforbrains.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Every time I see this pic of Charlottesville I am consumed with disgust, yet part of me giggles at the sight of this hateful, repugnant, vile and morally bankrupt mob brandishing tiki torches... it is so anti-mob mentality.

Neonazi: "blood and spoil! We will... not.. will not... oh ****, hold on guys I got citronella in my eyes..."

Like seriously, **** these assholes can't  even do an intimidatimg mob correctly- GTFO here you shitforbrains.

I laugh when I think of the consequences they faced after this. Like, being shunned at school and crying like the little babies they are. 

F*** Nazis and their enablers. 

I think a lot of countries have a strong Nazi/racist element. Like S America, Argentina, Chile, Brazil.

Definitely not new in the United States. Even just before WW2 they had a strong Nazi party. 

It's been there bubbling away, now out in the open with the Trump Republicans.

Edited by Mark F

You can't pick and choose what you get with Trump.  You can't like his economic policies etc and let his hate-filled rhetoric, racist rants and idiocy go unnoticed.  

Reading the Pittsburgh shooter write things like "its not enough to elect Trump"....while the alt right try and frame this like an attack on Trump's policies and then it comes out his own daughter (a Jew) had to convince him to denounce it.  

Of course this was going to happen.  And it's going to get worse.  If the Dems impeach Trump, he and his zealots will be calling for an armed uprising against "the enemy".  If I'm a high profile news anchor, Im making sure I am very careful.  These pipe bombs werent for fun...they were an assassination attempt on two former Presidents.  It's disgusting.  

Something even worse is going to happen.

There are supporters of this cowardly shooter calling for similar attacks on " a weekly basis".  Its bad.  And they feel they have approval from the President.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You can't pick and choose what you get with Trump.  You can't like his economic policies etc and let his hate-filled rhetoric, racist rants and idiocy go unnoticed.  

Reading the Pittsburgh shooter write things like "its not enough to elect Trump"....while the alt right try and frame this like an attack on Trump's policies and then it comes out his own daughter (a Jew) had to convince him to denounce it.  

Of course this was going to happen.  And it's going to get worse.  If the Dems impeach Trump, he and his zealots will be calling for an armed uprising against "the enemy".  If I'm a high profile news anchor, Im making sure I am very careful.  These pipe bombs werent for fun...they were an assassination attempt on two former Presidents.  It's disgusting.  

Something even worse is going to happen.

There are supporters of this cowardly shooter calling for similar attacks on " a weekly basis".  Its bad.  And they feel they have approval from the President.

I agree.

This fascist revolution that we're seeing now needs to be stamped out. Brazil is the latest country and it's going to be horrible. 

I fear my children will someday need to fight in a war and that's not hyperbole. We're headed in that direction. 

I think we are seeing that a lot of nasty racist idiots existed in greater numbers than we expected but at least they were kept in the dark.  What Trump and the normalization of the alt right has done is made these people comfortable, perhaps even proud, to come out into the light.

And they're doing a better job of messaging than the left.  

And people like me, long time conservatives, are caught in the middle because we literally have no political home.  If the GOP had the balls to prevent this alt right take over and embrace a center-right philosophy, thats where many of us would gravitate to.  But they know it would be a disaster for a few years.  The GOP know they have to embrace Trump and his nasty base because there isnt enough of the center left and the left sure wont vote for them.

Its why I've said, any conservative who is fed up with this needs to vote straight Dem in the next election and probably 2020 as well.  You have to kill the beast before it can be replaced with something better.

We've seen the worst of the right and what it can do..and it can sure get worse.  We read in history books about how Hitler did what we did but we're living history right now. And people will rail against it (Trump himself whined about being compared to Hitler) but the shoe fits.  

Vote left to send a message.  Whats the worst that can happen?  Health care for all?  Gun Control?  Women's rights?  Oh no, the horror.

This comes down to moderates, left or right. Those, that identify conservative but sometimes vote liberal, or those that identify as liberal but sometimes vote conservative. Those that are ACTUALLY disgusted by the current GOP. Those that do not believe that the immigrants are ruining the country. That Jews are controlling some shadow government. Or that, Obama was a plant to install Sharia Law and take your gunz. 

They're the ones that need to stand up and say, "enough is enough".