US Politics

Rich

About what I expected.   

Given the many more Democratic seats in the Senate in play, a lot of more rural states, with 10 that Trump won, last election.........any gains for Dems there, was a real long shot, from the get go....
The more diverse urban areas and suburbia, with the House seats, worked out far better for Democrats , the women turnout and votes, was a big factor as well, with a lot of new women House members, now.

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and the only voice Bernie Sanders represented was the voice of insanity.

Bernie Sanders would fit in well with Harper Conservatives in Canada.

Single payer health care - Supported by both
Broad immigration policy - Both

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Bernie Sanders would fit in well with Harper Conservatives in Canada.

Single payer health care - Supported by both
Broad immigration policy - Both

Bernie is nutty but the insults towards him from the alt right is transparently partisan.  There is no one on the "left" that should be subject to any criticism from people who support Trump.  lol

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Subpoena to get his tax returns.

They have the right, the Ways and Means can request any tax returns. I'm not sure if the request goes to the IRS or tax payer themselves. It will be interesting to see the Executive Branch fighting the Legislative Branch.

And now Mueller is free to continue his indictments. 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bernie is nutty but the insults towards him from the alt right is transparently partisan.  There is no one on the "left" that should be subject to any criticism from people who support Trump.  lol

He is a bit of a nutter but his policies are not that left. I mean, he would have a lot in common with Conservatives and Liberals in Canada. 

Although, with the recent populism movement in Canada, I'm not sure the Conservatives look much like Harper Conservatives any longer. (In how they governed, not necessarily in the rhetoric)

Just now, bustamente said:

Trump seems happy today, he really doesn't understand politics, his life as POTUS got harder today and Mueller may make him cry.

No, he's not happy. He's knows what's coming. 

He was claiming victory because that's what he does. He threw every losing R under the bus and blamed them. He said that the losers rejected him and lost because of it and those that followed him, won. They didn't. 

Then he went on a rant about the Dems going after him. 

He's cranky and won't let anyone change his diaper. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

He is a bit of a nutter but his policies are not that left. I mean, he would have a lot in common with Conservatives and Liberals in Canada. 

Although, with the recent populism movement in Canada, I'm not sure the Conservatives look much like Harper Conservatives any longer. (In how they governed, not necessarily in the rhetoric)

Eventually the idea of universal health care will be accepted as a no brainer in the US and not a "crazy liberal idea".  Same goes with gun control.  The alt right have hijacked the conservative movement opening a lot of opportunity in the middle-left.  But  people seem to make up their minds early and are difficult to change.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

No, he's not happy. He's knows what's coming. 

He was claiming victory because that's what he does. He threw every losing R under the bus and blamed them. He said that the losers rejected him and lost because of it and those that followed him, won. They didn't. 

Then he went on a rant about the Dems going after him. 

He's cranky and won't let anyone change his diaper. 

His threat towards Dem Senators was really transparent.  He's already trying to threaten the House not to investigate him.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No one is more insane than Trump. This was a vote on the President & the report card isn't good.

this is a sound argument, but what I would like to point out is that while Obama was in power the Democrats lost hundreds of seats and control of the House and Senate, as well as many governors, and I never heard anyone talk about Obama's "report card".  Is this a "report card" or just a natural voting rhythm that happens every time there is a Democrat or Republican president?  The same thing happens in Canada - when we have a Liberal like we do now, a lot of provinces go Conservative.

Edited by kelownabomberfan