Bombers at Lions WSF GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Terrible call. I dont care if God is your kicker, you cannot try a 60 yarder at 3rd and 4 with 30+ seconds left

4 yards? Yeesh. What a way to lose. MOS will be kicking himself for a couple of days on this one. 

Loffler's my man though. What a football hit. Don't like to see Manny hurt but what a clean pure hit that's unfortunately being taken out of the game. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

That we did eff all on O the entire 2nd half 

So because the O slowed down in 2nd half, except ofcourse for the 2 quick completed passes for 20 yards that Nichols JUST MADE, you decide to go for a 61 yard field goal that Medlock has never made? You and Oshea would get along great

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

O'Shea turtled & panicked.  That's how I saw it. He got scared & made the wrong decision.

Reactionary post. What if we went for it and got stopped? It's not about 1 Damn play. It's about playing a full 60 and we didn't.  We lost because BC bent our Soft D Over all game long 

Nichols throws for 10 short of 400 and yet I knew the offense would be in certain posters cross hairs

We lost because our defense couldn't stop a peewee team in the 2nd half. It was actually embarrassing to watch.  MOS's stupid decision, as stupid as it was, doesn't mean we gave up on a sure thing on 3rd and 4. No, this game is SQUARELY on our lousy pass rush and coverage. 

If we aren't turning the ball over we're letting teams steam roll us for hundreds of yards. That's not a recipe for success.

NFL longest field goals since 1970 not too many 61 yarders in 46 years DOH!

1. Matt Prater 64 yards Denver Broncos Dec. 8, 2013
2. David Akers 63 yards San Francisco 49ers Sep. 9, 2012
2. Sebastian Janikowski 63 yards Oakland Raiders Sep. 12, 2011
2. Jason Elam 63 yards Denver Broncos Oct. 25, 1998
2. Tom Dempsey 63 yards New Orleans Saints Nov. 8, 1970
6. Matt Bryant 62 yards Tampa Bay Buccaneers Oct. 22, 2006
7. Jay Feely 61 yards Arizona Cardinals Oct. 14, 2012
7. Justin Tucker 61 yards Baltimore Ravens Dec. 16, 2013
7. Sebastian Janikowski 61 yards Oakland Raiders Dec. 27, 2009
10. Greg Zuerlein 60 yards St. Louis Rams Sep. 30, 2012
10. Dan Carpenter 60 yards Miami Dolphins Dec. 5, 2010
10. Rob Bironas 60 yards Tennessee Titans Dec. 3, 2006
10. Morten Andersen 60 yards New Orleans Saints Oct. 27, 1991
10. Steve Cox 60 yards Cleveland Browns

Oct. 21, 1984

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Reactionary post. What if we went for it and got stopped? It's not about 1 Damn play. It's about playing a full 60 and we didn't.  We lost because BC bent our Soft D Over all game long 

Ya but he's right. Sorry, if we didn't make it on 3rd and 4 you just shake your head at the blown lead and move on.

a 62 or 61 yard field goal? what a gift to the lions. what a gift.

I am disappointed but both the offence and defence just didn't do enough in the second half. Would I have gone for the four yards? Yes, but it should have never come down to that. Our run defence was brutal through the last four games and tonight. 

Despite this loss though I have to say it is hard to be upset with how the season turned out. This team is just a few players short of being a REALLY good team. With first pick and middle of the pack first pick we should be able to fill some holes. As long as we can lock down a decent QB we should be back to strongly challenge all the teams in the league. It would have been great to go on and beat Calgary next week but this season has been IMHO a massive step forward... Massive.

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Personally, I can guarantee you I wouldn't have had the 'should have tried a 60 yarder'.