Bombers at Lions WSF GDT

Nolby

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Personally, I can guarantee you I wouldn't have had the 'should have tried a 60 yarder'.

Well no. But we still lose. It's not about 1 play. I didn't like the call to go for the FG. I hated it but... why were we even in that position to begin with. Our D sucked and outside of turnovers and whatever... got shredded for huge yards every game. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Well no. But we still lose. It's not about 1 play. I didn't like the call to go for the FG. I hated it but... why were we even in that position to begin with. Our D sucked and outside of turnovers and whatever... got shredded for huge yards every game. 

Actually I didn't think our D played all that bad, not great, more average but not horrible.

Certainly Mike O's decision will come under scrutiny....very small chance that we make that field goal,...We had a better chance of making 4 yards....and if we didn't there has to be some serious questions asked..I think we'll re-up our head coach next year....BUT that 25 year drought and counting is really starting to grate on me and it's looking like it could turn into quite a few more....what a downer.

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

D blew the game but coach blew our last chance to win it.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

It is typical of bomber games where we have a lead and need to protect it.... the offence can't move the ball let alone take time off the clock and the defence disappears..... open receivers all over the place and no bomber in site.... really frustrating to watch the game was theirs if they could cover and apply pressure......OC  and DC and HC can wear this one

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You can't just pin this on D my friend. 

How can't you pin it on the D?   Nicholls put up more then enough points and yards.    

Just once the defense had to make a stop in the 2nd half and they couldn't.  BC wasn't pulling out trick plays or making highlight reel catches.  

It was runs up the gut and generic passes that shredded us.  That's embarassing.   

Guys, yes the D was soft and yes the O needed to do more in the second half so Lapo and Hall deserve some criticism, but does anyone here really think the biggest problem wasn't the decision to, with 30 seconds left, kick a 60 yard FG instead of go for it on 3rd and four? I mean, how can anyone that has played this game professionally and been a HC for 3 full years really think his odds are better kicking a 60 yard FG than getting 4 yards? Now I'm certain that there is some kind of logic processing problem with O'Shea and it's not just stubbornness. I can't think of another HC in the league that would have thought a 60 yard FG was a better gamble than picking up 4 yards. No professional HC in the CFL would have made that decision, except ours, and that is so very embarrassing.

Personally I have had enough of the O'Shea show in Winnipeg. I am no longer willing to make an emotional investment in this team just to have an idiot like O'Shea ruin it for me.